Back up at the shoot

3 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I will just keep plodding on and see what happens.

Covid, no covid, tier 4 or tier 404 - thats my thoughts on life regardless mate. Let others worry about things that you can't control. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

In the light of no shoot today I decided on a walk round a little perm ive had for years .The owner is a lovely old boy and calling in to the farmhouse it was a job to get away tbh .Had to have a small dram with him as I’ve done most Yuletides .He said if I was lucky I’d push a brace of pheasants out of the tiny wood by the lagoon so head there first .Sure enough there was 7 or 8 birds on the deck which all exploded at once .The stars aligned and a hen crumpled before they broke the edge of the wood and further surprise was when a cock bird folded going away up a hedge .I’m no star shot with a shotgun but was pleased with myself here .Unsighted by me two mallard got off the lagoon which was a bit  annoying .

Walked up to a small spinney where a few pigeons were high in the trees .Shot a squirrel as a walked in and another as I found a spot to stand .Nice shot on a jackdaw followed by two missed pigeon and then three straight pigeons .Waited til dusk but no more arrived.Called a stoat in with a mouth squeak but it was so fast there was no clear shot in the brambles .

27271BC8-A6CE-4F71-8F39-A4FEAC76DFC3.jpeg

• Like 7
2 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Got few lined up for Saturday mate .

I’m going to be out with the terriers a lot now . I thought of my THL name because I would rather take my shovel to lean on than dig with , and bolt a fox . Where  I am it’s hard going . 
             I was out on Tuesday and Wednesday and you would have thought with all that snow that Charlie would be in the ground but there were foxes bombing around all over the place . I had my mates beat keeper out at mine on Tuesday and he said it was like the Serangeti ..... foxes running around everywhere. 

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I’m going to be out with the terriers a lot now . I thought of my THL name because I would rather take my shovel to lean on than dig with , and bolt a fox . Where  I am it’s hard going . 
             I was out on Tuesday and Wednesday and you would have thought with all that snow that Charlie would be in the ground but there were foxes bombing around all over the place . I had my mates beat keeper out at mine on Tuesday and he said it was like the Serangeti ..... foxes running around everywhere. 

I'm disgusted! That's semi professionals for ya.....

? just kiddin'

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Dervburner said:

Beef rib roast dinner

As someone who fattens cattle  & sees them go through our own butcher's, i thoroughly approve, by far the best roast IMHO

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Like 1