Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

I enjoyed the video Stavross, so much so I watched it on the Telly and I’ve given it a thumbs up and I’ve even subscribed. I liked the way the little lad made light work of all the cover , and picked himself up and carried on after falling . Give it another 5/6 years and he will be running the show ?

• Like 4

Yeah, he gets stuck in does little Hugo, that’s one good thing about my little shoot, all the kids that come want to be there, never complain, no matter what the weather and all get along even though they only see each other on shoot days ?

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Stavross said:

See if this works, if it doesn’t I have no idea how to do it ?

I watched that the other night when it came out. 

Looking very suave there Mr Stav.

I was a little disappointed to discover you are not the 9' 14" i thought you where.?

It is our 410 shoot tomorrow for charity, which i really enjoy. We do it every year and everyone bungs a hundred quid in. The proceeds go to a local childrens hospice, we always get about 2.5k for them. It isn't really about shooting just having a good laugh and raising a few quid for the kids. The farmers daughter in law who lives next to our shoot cabin puts food on for us at 12,o,clock. Then about one we go and shoot the duck wood first followed by another two woods. When we gather back at the cabin there is always tales of shooting monster high duck or fast partridge with the 410s which is usually horse s**t, unless it's me that is telling the tale.?  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, foxdropper said:

What about a thl shoot with set fee paid to air ambulance .On shovel learners ground of course as it’s near to me lol.

I would be up for that, doesn’t bother me where as the birds would be safe with my shooting ?

• Haha 2

I wouldn’t trust me to run a bath, never mind a charity shoot, I’m much more the shoot eye candy, if you need someone to stand there looking pretty ? I’m your man

when the few of us get together who run the shoot in the next couple of months to decide what will happen next season I’m definitely going to bring up a charity day. We already sell individual days shooting just to top the shoot account up

• Like 2

I’ll run the idea past my boss , he’s bound to jump at the chance of  you lot turning up to shoot his birds . 
         Mossad would turn up with an AK 47 , sausage with his musket , Ian Ms grandson would wipe out the the local wildfowl population . You will have to drag Pretty boy Stavross away from the mirror, which might be difficult. And Benbhoy would probably interfere with our flock of Cotswolds .......sounds great ? 

• Haha 6