Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

I’ve just had a phone call from the shoot captain, a couple of the members are not happy that we are shooting tomorrow, no one is forcing them to come and the alternative is I go up and rifle the lot, as it has been from the start of the season, you make your own decision as to if you feel comfortable being there. The captain said they won’t air their thoughts with me because they already know my response, if I get my way next season they won’t need to worry about it, TWISTY FACED OLD TW*TS ?

• Haha 5
32 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’ve just had a phone call from the shoot captain, a couple of the members are not happy that we are shooting tomorrow, no one is forcing them to come and the alternative is I go up and rifle the lot, as it has been from the start of the season, you make your own decision as to if you feel comfortable being there. The captain said they won’t air their thoughts with me because they already know my response, if I get my way next season they won’t need to worry about it, TWISTY FACED OLD TW*TS ?

What time do you want us there .

• Haha 4

If I was a gun and couldn’t attend because I lived in Tier 4 , but others could shoot , I would wish them a great day and hoped they got some good sport . What a bunch of mean spirited tossers , they are behaving like children. 
           Deal with them another day , forget about them and enjoy whatever shooting you can . ATB ?

• Like 7

Another day at the shoot, when I set off this morning I didn’t think I’d get here, the snow was very heavy, by the time I’d got on the top not a bit of snow. It’s now started to come down heavy so it might be an early finish because you really don’t want to get stuck up here ?

20FCAEC0-E1DE-4187-8E98-DCF5AC8965FC.jpeg

1F6AC864-D184-4DEE-B31C-FAF317F8DA24.jpeg

• Like 4

Typical , we have snow this morning and cant shoot , feeders were all filled the other day and plenty birds about ? Bet you have a good day today Stav ?Just walked the dog down the fields and watched a weasel with a young rat which it had just killed , only 4 foot away from me and not bothered at all more interested in dragging its dinner off. Amazing strength these voracious little predators have ?

Edited by FOXHUNTER
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1