Back up at the shoot

1 hour ago, Stavross said:

Not all of them but there’s to many to keep feeding them, on the up side they won’t go to waste, plenty of free pheasant getting dished out around here

Is there any way of helping folk in need stav? Any homeless shelters or old folk???

Just a thought.

• Like 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Our surplus goes to the old folks locally and they do appreciate the free food.

Lots of food banks would be very grateful of this side effect of lockdown imho

I offered some to a food bank and they turned it down due to a lack of traceability. 

I wondered if somewhere with their own kitchen maybe more willing to accept. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Well the wife has just tested positive for Covid so I am self isolating ? She is tired , aching all over , has a cough and cant taste her food . I have requested a home test kit as seem ok but am starting to get a tickly cough. 

Oh poop! Are you both fit?

1 minute ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Think so , no underlying health conditions that we know of. Hopefully we will be ok.

My daughter has anti body's  so had it but never knew. I half suspect we had it last winter but not sure.

I'm sure you'll be ok but its not nice and fearfull.

• Thanks 1

Had a call this morning from a keeper , “ you having a walk around shoot today ?  we have already started here  at dawn , me and the under keepers and a couple of others are shooting as much as possible, today is the last day before lockdown, that you can do this “. 
       So I rang the boss and asked permission, which was granted after a brief explanation of why it was necessary to get as many killed as we could . I then rang a few helpers and got our team together . They were either at work or at home . And in either case they stopped what they were doing and put guns and dogs and cartridges in their trucks and got here for 10.30 . After a bit of a check on the legalities, we split into different “ bubbles “ and proceeded to ransack the covers sometimes it was rough shooting and in a couple of instances we organised mini drives . 
         As we neared the last cover I received a text from the woman who lives nearby to tell me she just watched a big fox walk behind her house and into the wood which we were about to shoot . I thought nothing more of it until it walked out in front of me as I beat through the wood . I had earlier said “ no ground game “because of the amount of small red cockers in the team  , but hey , I’m the keeper, I can do what want , it was safe and who was going to bollock me ? So I opened my 2021 account with a fine big dog fox . I took a picture of a mate holding it up and sent a picture to the woman saying “ did it look like this “? 
               I later joked that I was disappointed it was a fox , I actually thought it was Deans little red and slightly naughty cocker . We finished our day on 111 pheasant 2 partridge a pigeon and a fox . I thanked the boys for their help during the season and apologised for no proper beaters day , but they were all more than happy to have been there and so ended my season. 

8FEC6C65-BA36-475D-9148-C2004EC02BE5.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Not the way you want it to happen but there was always a chance this would have to happen. I was talking to a lad from a commercial and the numbers he was talking about were high and they have shot a fare few days in between the two lockdowns

17 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Had a call this morning from a keeper , “ you having a walk around shoot today ?  we have already started here  at dawn , me and the under keepers and a couple of others are shooting as much as possible, today is the last day before lockdown, that you can do this “. 
       So I rang the boss and asked permission, which was granted after a brief explanation of why it was necessary to get as many killed as we could . I then rang a few helpers and got our team together . They were either at work or at home . And in either case they stopped what they were doing and put guns and dogs and cartridges in their trucks and got here for 10.30 . After a bit of a check on the legalities, we split into different “ bubbles “ and proceeded to ransack the covers sometimes it was rough shooting and in a couple of instances we organised mini drives . 
         As we neared the last cover I received a text from the woman who lives nearby to tell me she just watched a big fox walk behind her house and into the wood which we were about to shoot . I thought nothing more of it until it walked out in front of me as I beat through the wood . I had earlier said “ no ground game “because of the amount of small red cockers in the team  , but hey , I’m the keeper, I can do what want , it was safe and who was going to bollock me ? So I opened my 2021 account with a fine big dog fox . I took a picture of a mate holding it up and sent a picture to the woman saying “ did it look like this “? 
               I later joked that I was disappointed it was a fox , I actually thought it was Deans little red and slightly naughty cocker . We finished our day on 111 pheasant 2 partridge a pigeon and a fox . I thanked the boys for their help during the season and apologised for no proper beaters day , but they were all more than happy to have been there and so ended my season. 

8FEC6C65-BA36-475D-9148-C2004EC02BE5.jpeg

You never phoned me.

?

Good for you mate?

• Haha 2