• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Literally sat waiting for a phone call for worst case scenario contingency . look at this country , look at our case of self importance. I’ve got lads literally waiting to go and get hands on. In

The boy helping me with some trapping. Obviously he isn’t handling Mk6’s......that would be fcuking irresponsible! ?    

This is the latest drawing.

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

No but jus find somebody still in work an they will buy all your shit cheap ?

im on lookout for a new jeep if anybody selling one cheap, yous won’t need it for next year an it only sit on drive losing money ?????

A £1000 and it's yours.

2 days mot left..

Screenshot_20191215-124344.png.646effa085840b2df770d3697c8b290d.png

13 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Besides only an arsehile would buy a motor or a house just now way things are going, price is surely to drop very soon ?

I signed on dotted line for a house end of feb what a f**k up that was still not got keys and won’t be for a while now by looks of it 

• Sad 2

Literally sat waiting for a phone call for worst case scenario contingency .

look at this country , look at our case of self importance. I’ve got lads literally waiting to go and get hands on. In all senses of the word. 

And ive just walked out of a shop where some useless fuckn two bob millionaire shit c**t helicopter parenting wastes of time we know who put their kids into nursery with measles were sat complaining about no schools or nursery’s open as they are “key workers” 

she does smoking cessation for the local authority (she’s having to do sessions via Skype, bless) and he’s a truck mechanic (on call) 

Get a grip like. 

If your job isn’t in the provision of services or goods that keep people alive , you aren’t a key worker . 

Stay at home and keep people you don’t know alive. 

Its f***ing simple. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Reckon it will depend on your contact an what your working on opal, could he wrong tho a hope I am an ye get to keep on earning?

Hope so , was up hospital last night with my  mum and dad , dad had a mild stroke , sat there for hours on end until we eventually got seen just to be told that we had wait couple more hour to be seen by someone else , I got home early hours whent work then had message from nursery my son goes to saying  they mite be closing and as have no one else to look after him me or other half going end up having to come out work for  for up to 12 weeks (worse case ) so last couple days been wank and looks like next couple days going get worse 

• Sad 4
3 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Decent start to lockdown.  Artic lorry arrive out front of my house clearly lost 2 houses up from me then a few miles of narrow lanes and farms. Trying to turn it in this tiny road and hitting lamppost made good viewing 

Thanks rusty for the low down feels like i was actually there!

• Haha 5
9 hours ago, kanny said:

Never heard him say anything about sea or airports closing ...the main thing we should be doing. 

My understanding is that it makes no difference at this point. The only available options for stopping this fire is to dampen the fuel, ie social distancing. Worrying about new sources of ignition (planes, ships etc) is now pointless.

If we achieve social distancing then the curve will 'flatten' whether we are importing new cases or not. The time to ban international movements is before an epidemic. Even then, it's rarely airtight and has significant consequences.

I know other countries have implemented this action but I'd suggest it's made absolutely no difference. Everyone got this anyway.

• Like 1

staff have been sent this:

This is the advice given to hospital staff.
It explains the virus and hopefully, how to prevent getting it.
Please share with family, friends and work colleagues.

Virus Detection:

The simplest way to distinguish Coronavirus from a Common Cold is that the COVID-19 infection does not cause a cold nose or cough with cold, but it does create a dry and rough cough.
The virus is typically first installed in the throat causing inflammation and a feeling of dryness. This symptom can last between 3 and 4 days.
The virus typically then travels through the moisture present in the airways, goes down to the trachea and installs in the lungs, causing pneumonia that lasts about 5 or 6 days.
Pneumonia manifests with a high fever and difficulty breathing. The Common Cold is not accompanied, but there may be a choking sensation. In this case, the doctor should be called immediately.

Experts suggest doing this simple verification every morning: Breathe in deeply and hold your breath for 10 seconds. If this can be done without coughing, without difficulty, this shows that there is no fibrosis in the lungs, indicating the absence of infection. It is recommended to do this control every morning to help detect infection.

Prevention:
The virus hates heat and dies if it is exposed to temperatures greater than 80°F (27°C). Therefore hot drinks such as infusions, broths or simply hot water should be consumed abundantly during the day. These hot liquids kill the virus and are easy to ingest.
Avoid drinking ice water or drinks with ice cubes.

Ensure that your mouth and throat are always wet, never DRY. You should drink a sip of water at least every 15 minutes. WHY? Even when the virus enters water or other liquids through the mouth, it will get flushed through the oesophagus directly into the stomach where gastric acids destroy the virus. If there is not enough water, the virus can pass into the trachea and from there to the lungs, where it is very dangerous.

For those who can, sunbathe. The Sun's UV rays kill the virus and the vitamin D is good for you.
The Coronavirus has a large size (diameter of 400-500 nanometers) so face masks can stop it, no special face masks are needed in daily life.
If an infected person sneezes nearby, stay 10 feet (3.3 meters) away to allow the virus fall to the ground and prevent it from falling on you.
When the virus is on hard surfaces, it survives about 12 hours, therefore when hard surfaces such as doors, appliances, railings, etc. are touched, hands should be washed thoroughly and/or disinfected with alcoholic gel The virus can live nested in clothes and tissues between 6 and 12 hours. Common detergents can kill it. Things that cannot be washed should be exposed to the Sun and the virus will die.
The transmission of the virus usually occurs by direct infection, touching fabrics, tissues or materials on which the virus is present.
Washing your hands is essential.
The virus survives on our hands for only about 10 minutes. In that time many things can happen, rubbing the eyes, touching the nose or lips. This allows the virus to enter your throat. Therefore, for your good and the good of all, wash your hands very often and disinfect them.
You can gargle with disinfectant solutions (i.e. Listerine or Hydrogen Peroxide) that eliminate or minimize the amount of virus that can enter the throat. Doing so removes the virus before it goes down to the trachea and then to the lungs.
Disinfect things touched often: mobile phone, keyboard, mouse, car steering wheel, door handles, etc ....

Sent in to us just now and we wanted to share this knowledge & advice with you all.

Please do the same and take care!

•  
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

staff have been sent this:

This is the advice given to hospital staff.
It explains the virus and hopefully, how to prevent getting it.
Please share with family, friends and work colleagues.

Virus Detection:

The simplest way to distinguish Coronavirus from a Common Cold is that the COVID-19 infection does not cause a cold nose or cough with cold, but it does create a dry and rough cough.
The virus is typically first installed in the throat causing inflammation and a feeling of dryness. This symptom can last between 3 and 4 days.
The virus typically then travels through the moisture present in the airways, goes down to the trachea and installs in the lungs, causing pneumonia that lasts about 5 or 6 days.
Pneumonia manifests with a high fever and difficulty breathing. The Common Cold is not accompanied, but there may be a choking sensation. In this case, the doctor should be called immediately.

Experts suggest doing this simple verification every morning: Breathe in deeply and hold your breath for 10 seconds. If this can be done without coughing, without difficulty, this shows that there is no fibrosis in the lungs, indicating the absence of infection. It is recommended to do this control every morning to help detect infection.

Prevention:
The virus hates heat and dies if it is exposed to temperatures greater than 80°F (27°C). Therefore hot drinks such as infusions, broths or simply hot water should be consumed abundantly during the day. These hot liquids kill the virus and are easy to ingest.
Avoid drinking ice water or drinks with ice cubes.

Ensure that your mouth and throat are always wet, never DRY. You should drink a sip of water at least every 15 minutes. WHY? Even when the virus enters water or other liquids through the mouth, it will get flushed through the oesophagus directly into the stomach where gastric acids destroy the virus. If there is not enough water, the virus can pass into the trachea and from there to the lungs, where it is very dangerous.

For those who can, sunbathe. The Sun's UV rays kill the virus and the vitamin D is good for you.
The Coronavirus has a large size (diameter of 400-500 nanometers) so face masks can stop it, no special face masks are needed in daily life.
If an infected person sneezes nearby, stay 10 feet (3.3 meters) away to allow the virus fall to the ground and prevent it from falling on you.
When the virus is on hard surfaces, it survives about 12 hours, therefore when hard surfaces such as doors, appliances, railings, etc. are touched, hands should be washed thoroughly and/or disinfected with alcoholic gel The virus can live nested in clothes and tissues between 6 and 12 hours. Common detergents can kill it. Things that cannot be washed should be exposed to the Sun and the virus will die.
The transmission of the virus usually occurs by direct infection, touching fabrics, tissues or materials on which the virus is present.
Washing your hands is essential.
The virus survives on our hands for only about 10 minutes. In that time many things can happen, rubbing the eyes, touching the nose or lips. This allows the virus to enter your throat. Therefore, for your good and the good of all, wash your hands very often and disinfect them.
You can gargle with disinfectant solutions (i.e. Listerine or Hydrogen Peroxide) that eliminate or minimize the amount of virus that can enter the throat. Doing so removes the virus before it goes down to the trachea and then to the lungs.
Disinfect things touched often: mobile phone, keyboard, mouse, car steering wheel, door handles, etc ....

Sent in to us just now and we wanted to share this knowledge & advice with you all.

Please do the same and take care!

•  

That was said to be untrue by a doctor ..

• Like 3