what was the last film you watched

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

just watching a programme about the 84-85 miners strike and theres my father large as life on the tele walking towards the camera, he's been dead over 30 yrs, fair shook me up in a good way, wasnt exp

Posted Images

On 21/09/2022 at 20:09, Bosun11 said:

Straight Outta Compton

The tale of a group called NWA.

Now most music/band films are total cack but in seeing so many documentaries on this band, i knew i was onto a winner from the first 15 minutes.

Produced by Cube & Dre in the main, with an imput by Easy's widow, it gives a detailed documentary of the rise and fall of west coast hip hop music.

Now, no matter if you like this music or not, the tale of a band, from rags to riches, has rarely been told so well before. The casting and performances are superb, especially Ice Cubes own son playing his father.

Against the grain, i really enjoyed this one...

8.5/10

One of my favourites from recent years . 

While we all await the second coming of @THE STIFFMEISTER .....

Eye In The Sky

Flix. Hour forty. Helen Mirren, of course, makes it automatic viewing.

All things considered? Not a bad little watch. Brilliant illustration of why we can't get the most simple of fukking jobs done, these days.

If ye not screaming, " Press The Fukking Button!!! ", you're part of the problem.

13 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

That gnarly ~ or just a crap as fukk film?

It’s f***ing Grim watching 

struggled with a few scenes ti be honest 

really well made and acted to be fair though , standard for the makers who have ahs on their resume . To be augmented by the release of the dahmer tape interviews this week in flix 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

standard for the makers who have ahs on their resume.

'AHS'? ?

Anyway; That's me cleared up for tonight then.

I fukking Hate flix with a vengeance! They're trying to dumb us down to the lowest viewing denominator. Then, they pop up with shit like the Collin Stagg thing and, potentially, this.

I'd really love nothing more than to cancel my subscription, in righteous protest. But, no way can Major Tom grab the fukking slack when 75% of his shit hasn't got fukking subtitles and the turn over is in slow motion :(

Just now, Ken's Deputy said:

'AHS'? ?

Anyway; That's me cleared up for tonight then.

I fukking Hate flix with a vengeance! They're trying to dumb us down to the lowest viewing denominator. Then, they pop up with shit like the Collin Stagg thing and, potentially, this.

I'd really love nothing more than to cancel my subscription, in righteous protest. But, no way can Major Tom grab the fukking slack when 75% of his shit hasn't got fukking subtitles and the turn over is in slow motion :(

American horror story mate. 

it’s an ensemble piece , same cast , different locations , eras etc . 
Don’t expect too much of a fright , it’s a bit light but hugely stylish . 

The 1984 series was one of my faves , hotel is good as well 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

American horror story mate.

Oh! Fukk, yeah. I remember that! Yeah. I generally found it ok. What started Seriously getting on my fukking tits though was the moment it became clear that woman, who co produced it and had a part in it, was clearly using it as a platform to live a pipe dream on :rolleyes:

One, 'spontaneous' bursting into a full blown Musical production was one thing. But, by the time we got round to her total annihilation of " Life On Mars "? I was rolling round the floor, clawing at my own face and projectile vomiting. And that's after I'd hit the Stop button, about two chords in!