what was the last film you watched

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

just watching a programme about the 84-85 miners strike and theres my father large as life on the tele walking towards the camera, he's been dead over 30 yrs, fair shook me up in a good way, wasnt exp

Posted Images

Killer Elite...

A Jason Statham vehicle, which i thought 'may' of been a bit different as it has DeNero for starts in its casting...

It's an SAS tale, written by that 'good 'ol anti'  friend of ours Sir Ranolph Fienns.

His books are decent, especially The Sett, but this tale fails to hit its mark on screen. Mainly, no solely, due to Statham being Statham, as he is in all but two of his films, his first two...

Shite... 5/10

8 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Killer Elite...

A Jason Statham vehicle, which i thought 'may' of been a bit different as it has DeNero for starts in its casting...

It's an SAS tale, written by that 'good 'ol anti'  friend of ours Sir Ranolph Fienns.

His books are decent, especially The Sett, but this tale fails to hit its mark on screen. Mainly, no solely, due to Statham being Statham, as he is in all but two of his films, his first two...

Shite... 5/10

I didn’t think it was too bad

Straight Outta Compton

The tale of a group called NWA.

Now most music/band films are total cack but in seeing so many documentaries on this band, i knew i was onto a winner from the first 15 minutes.

Produced by Cube & Dre in the main, with an imput by Easy's widow, it gives a detailed documentary of the rise and fall of west coast hip hop music.

Now, no matter if you like this music or not, the tale of a band, from rags to riches, has rarely been told so well before. The casting and performances are superb, especially Ice Cubes own son playing his father.

Against the grain, i really enjoyed this one...

8.5/10

4 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Killer Elite...

Shite... 5/10

Yep agreed shite, I'm really not a fan of stratham or his films, it's a bit like I read recently that the rock has ruined more films than he's been in. Lol. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, keepdiggin said:

lol ? 

Sorry mate, i just found it dark and dull, with Statham just playing Statham, as per bloody usual..!

Based on the book The Feather Men (which is a great title, that should of been used..!!) about a group of SAS who go rogue or sommat... Nah... Not for me...

1 minute ago, Bosun11 said:

Sorry mate, i just found it dark and dull, with Statham just playing Statham, as per bloody usual..!

Based on the book The Feather Men (which is a great title, that should of been used..!!) about a group of SAS who go rogue or sommat... Nah... Not for me...

The book is better than the film. 

7 minutes ago, Borr said:

Yep agreed shite, I'm really not a fan of stratham or his films, it's a bit like I read recently that the rock has ruined more films than he's been in. Lol. 

Yer but 'that' eybrow raise... ?

???

2 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

I can see you’re point mate

• Like 1