Sign in to follow this  
NE_Monkey

Perfect land?

Where's this perfect ground at? Miles and miles of football pitch type ground full of game, Wiltshire is a minefield of flint to cut feet and legs so I found some greener land and the bramble vines have been just as bad, anyone wanna share their decent land? 🤞

IMG_20200213_213731170.jpg

IMG_20200213_213742707.jpg

3 minutes ago, rob284 said:

Anywhere without eleccy fences 

Question is; walk around, step over with a little hop to avoid ya danglies or crawl under with the dog looking at ya funny.

Yorkshire has some perfect land, what you need is the perfect dog to suit all terrains, woodland ,moorland, flat coursing land? flint hills, ect . Problem is does such a dog exist.

53 minutes ago, keepitcovert said:

Yorkshire has some perfect land, what you need is the perfect dog to suit all terrains, woodland ,moorland, flat coursing land? flint hills, ect . Problem is does such a dog exist.

97B5CA7D-57DC-4033-85E9-52AA2B517969.jpeg

• Like 12

Tales a funny dog to do it all everywhere. Cant say ive seen that dog yet. Seen a dog do a season in woods and forest same dog do bits on a fen didnt excel at either just bit of heart n brain kept his head above water.

If youd have took that bitch to a spot i know couple weeks back it wouldnts have sniffed a good one and i seen plenty of its siblings run.credit where its due looks in fine condition.

Edited by C.green
  • Like 1

I still think to run woodland dog needs to be brought up in it and still have a lot of luck. Also I had a dog that could run any ground unscathed , fast and agile, ran Hampshire flint , Welsh forest full of spikes, small fields full of barb but never caught much other than the odd rabbit. A lot has to do with self preservation and luck, I would hesitate to run the bitch I have now as she's not seen half the terrain the other dog did and she's full on through hedges fences etc, but she catches, it takes a lot of time and energy to give a dog all the experience it needs to run various land and quarry, time I don't have, but for the likes of socks who's out full time with dogs perfect, and that's a lovely looking bitch.

I think it would be a trade off for speed for a tougher skinned dog with denser coats, but sight hounds are always going to thin the skin and unfortunately lamping doesn't lend it's self for a dog to always run smart.