Terrier work in the USA - Photos and Stories.

On 02/03/2020 at 08:29, Hatch28 said:

It means their well bred for the job their bred for, they are doing their very best they didn't no they were going to die I've seen a few rabbit lurcher kill them selves of banks and fences after rabbits same dogs wouldn't look at a fox didn't make them dead game just died doing what their bred for. 

So a apbt that goes till its death isnt game? I must be missing something ?

• Haha 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a call from a farmer who's got trouble with beaver flooding his cotton field.He asked me to take a look.Its a small swamp but I took a few pictures.Theres a terrier in this first picture.

I will post some pictures good enough for public viewfrom this season.I will not reply to fighting or crying.The third picture down was in a rangy place.I located the bitch 200 yards from entrance wit

Barn Hunting with a group of friends in Iowa February 2001. Racoons are widely regarded as pests and do a considerable amount of damage. They damage farmer's crops and get into barns where t

Posted Images

On 01/03/2020 at 21:04, Hatch28 said:

APBT aren't truly game though can't take sharp teeth they go in all guns blazing but give them few hours with an opponent with pointy sharp teeth and see what happens, I've seen them crossed with really game pats in an attempt to bring up size, I've seen them work first season and jack then when pressure was put on. Ultimate not a word I'd use to describe them. 

So they cant take sharp teeth but the majority of dogs that do them with no fuss are bull xs ? Answer me that one ?

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

So they cant take sharp teeth but the majority of dogs that do them with no fuss are bull xs ? Answer me that one ?

Yea bull X greyhound and you could hardly call that a test of gameness and there's a fair amount of bull X that won't look at them, , collie x grey do the same job is it the game bred collie. ?

• Thanks 1

Isn't Gameness, fighting in a situation or with an opponent, where you are equally or out matched, and still going in hard and fighting on regardless of the outcome.

I.e Bull x with a fox, not the same as a bull vs bull go equal of greater ability, and continuing on when the chips are down.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Used to be called determination /grit or stubbornness depending on if you liked the dog/person? 

Mr redneck I think solved the problem.perspective.I have had 2 mentors in hunting dogs in general.I would say these 2 are determined gritty even brave men.Others would say these 2 are stubborn narrow minded narcissistic jack asses.I think it's perspective.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Hatch28 said:

Yea bull X greyhound and you could hardly call that a test of gameness and there's a fair amount of bull X that won't look at them, , collie x grey do the same job is it the game bred collie. ?

When you said sharp teeth I assumed you ment work in the field but even at their chosen job if they are no good why are they the main breed used seriously the world over? 

3 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Pits are game dogs in anyones books,they have a lot more than other bull breeds but I feel they have a sooky attitude about them that English staffs don't have.I still think English staffs are the toughest dog on earth.

Don't see that many working staffs now, mostly squat fat little couch potatoes, i know that's down to the owners as well. 

Staffs are great dogs for mooching, just for knocking about with. 

Atb j 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Pits are game dogs in anyones books,they have a lot more than other bull breeds but I feel they have a sooky attitude about them that English staffs don't have.I still think English staffs are the toughest dog on earth.

A good working terrier "underground" has to take the toughest dog on earth for me?. Everyone to their own.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Busher100 said:

When you said sharp teeth I assumed you ment work in the field but even at their chosen job if they are no good why are they the main breed used seriously the world over? 

I never said they were no good I  said their not truly game not in comparison to hard terrier or old type working  staff. 

5 hours ago, howdeeposxxt said:

A good working terrier "underground" has to take the toughest dog on earth for me?. Everyone to their own.

I agree, a working terrier is going in to black darkness, can't see his opponent, only working on scent until he reaches it and then it could be hours before he  sees daylight again and unfortunately some times they never do, but that's the life of a working terrier, I also believe a game cock is every bit as game as a apbt in every sence. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, howdeeposxxt said:

I agree with you and Fatman about terriers.eyes full of dirt pushing to get there.It makes my neckhair standup.Fatman in my opinion game cock is different.if you castrate a bulldog or a terrier he will continue to do his job.A rooster will run after castration.In my opinion his desire is to reproduce.Not saying his desire is less or more but simply different.

apbt and a working terrier completely different animals , one is surrounded by men , held back or egged on , rested treated, in a safe environment, could even have the towel thrown in for it , Brains not needed ...the other is on it's own pure drive, in the dark lack of air , tight even the hard earth can take its toll on their body , although help is on it's way it could take hours , no little ring to walk across more like a 3D puzzle with its prize on the move ,it may be facing something way out of its weight range more aggressive more suited to that environment ....there is only one game dog and it has f**k all to do with fighting it has more to do with brains and heart .....as such I see no reason to cross them if it was done leave it  there in the past 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3