Favourite comedians?

17 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

It's reckoned Father Ted had a lot to do with the Catholic church losing its psychological grip on people in Ireland. People, including me, an ex catholic, had never seen the piss ripped out of the church before. It was groundbreaking in a way. Kind of liberating. And very true to life.

I can believe that. I suppose before that it was only really Dave Allen?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Billy Connolly has to be one of the funniest blokes ever......just a very funny view of the world and things.  

“Demi.....Demi.......if the role really called for it and it was tastefully done.....would you consider keeping your clothes ON for a role?” Lol ? 

Ken Dodd live was awesome, Porthcawl village hall, about September 85, went in at 7 came out about quarter past one, two toddlers with us lol Cheers, D.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I know he did a bit of stand up but whenever I see him on a tv show or a podcast , Jamie foxx the actor is a very funny sharp guy 

He’s got some great stories from back in the day........very funny & entertaining 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Anybody ever watched Frasier? It's a marmite series. You either love it or hate it. I love it. I leave it a few years and then watch the whole series again.

It was ok. That Kelsey Grammer has got some back story!

In the eighties I went to a "gentlemen's evening", you know the sort strippers, maggot racing, putting the candle out etc and they'd booked a woman comedian who was fcuking dire, well you can imagine it, thirty half cooked lads all finishing her jokes, groaning and constantly shouting "get your tits, fanny, clunge out or get off you're shit". One of the funniest things Ive ever seen.

1 minute ago, stumfelter said:

In the eighties I went to a "gentlemen's evening", you know the sort strippers, maggot racing, putting the candle out etc and they'd booked a woman comedian who was fcuking dire, well you can imagine it, thirty half cooked lads all finishing her jokes, groaning and constantly shouting "get your tits, fanny, clunge out or get off you're shit". One of the funniest things Ive ever seen.

What's putting the candle out? 

45 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

It's reckoned Father Ted had a lot to do with the Catholic church losing its psychological grip on people in Ireland. People, including me, an ex catholic, had never seen the piss ripped out of the church before. It was groundbreaking in a way. Kind of liberating. And very true to life.

When father Ted first came out, RTE refused to show it, to afraid from the back lash frome the church, that's how Channel 4 got their hands on it, my dad's always been a fan of his, he has a bit of his stuff going back years, we're he's doing stand up dressed as a priest, and if I'm not mistaken he sang the song, thank you very much Mr Eastwood, I think it's a piss take of the boxer Barry mcguigin 

I've been watching a few American comedians recently.. Steve Hofstetter is pretty funny, his heckler put downs can be hilarious. He says his all time favourite comedian for hecklers is Jimmy Carr.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

When father Ted first came out, RTE refused to show it, to afraid from the back lash frome the church, that's how Channel 4 got their hands on it, my dad's always been a fan of his, he has a bit of his stuff going back years, we're he's doing stand up dressed as a priest, and if I'm not mistaken he sang the song, thank you very much Mr Eastwood, I think it's a piss take of the boxer Barry mcguigin 

That's interesting about RTE but not surprising. Nobody messed with the church in those days. I didn't know that.I remember  Barney Eastwood was Mcguigan's manager. I can't recall the song though.

8 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

What's putting the candle out? 

The stripper would get some pissed up lad out the audience, strip him off and fcuk about with him "is that it, I've seen bigger on a hamster etc" and as a party piece get him to lie face down on the floor, cover his arse in talcum powder, stick a lit candle in his crack and then whack his arse with a belt. Big puff and the candle went out, hilarious to watch but why the fcuk they went up in the first place is beyond me!

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

That's interesting about RTE but not surprising. Nobody messed with the church in those days. I didn't know that.I remember  Barney Eastwood was Mcguigan's manager. I can't recall the song though.

Yeah then RTE, realised their fcuk up after the money and ratings chan 4 got from it, and relaxed a bit with what they aired, like Hardy bucks, Republic of telly and a few others, 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

Yeah then RTE, realised their fcuk up after the money and ratings chan 4 got from it, and relaxed a bit with what they aired, like Hardy bucks, Republic of telly and a few others, 

I just watched that Thank you very Mr Eastwood video on Youtube. It was a pisstake on McGuigan being so respectful to his manager. Mind you all boxers were like that in the old days. Their script was "  I would like to thank my manager, my promoter my trainer etc etc boring boring boring.  And then along came  Mohammad Ali and tore up the script lol.

• Like 1