Is it ever going to stop raining

On 26/12/2019 at 17:48, Arry said:

Well it was a beautiful day yesterday sunny with a frost, pissing down again today. I'm sucked off to the stump with it. Think I'm getting cabin fever, can't seem to get a really good day out with the Ferrets. Ankle deep in mud think the farmer will be growing rice next year. The maize was f****d and was only cut about three weeks ago, the only good thing the Pigeons turn up in numbers feeding on the dropped cobs. Been a real shit winter so far weather wise.

Cheers Arry

You cast a magic spell when you asked that mate, it has not rained a drop since you put this up, another nice thing is we are now allowed to clean out the ditch’s and drains which we were prevented from doing under eu law so now the water can also leave a lot quicker, just got back from my stroll much of this has been underwater for ages but now all back to normal in just a few days and woods alive with deer again ??

DEAF2944-B3F5-4E37-8194-FE7EF63731DF.jpeg

F806AE35-AA9D-4006-A7EE-A37AEE300440.jpeg

C2E193ED-021F-4851-A271-AA6C13709D92.jpeg

• Like 3

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got soaked through to my new Xmas bundys earlier...... Had to get out..... The fever was setting in??  

It's swamped out here, still have to get the dog out

I can't remember a winter as wet as this one. Lots of crops knackered, some farmers still trying to keep stock out which is poaching the ground up. Most of the maze was f****d or harvested late and go

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Greyman said:

You cast a magic spell when you asked that mate, it has not rained a drop since you put this up, another nice thing is we are now allowed to clean out the ditch’s and drains which we were prevented from doing under eu law so now the water can also leave a lot quicker, just got back from my stroll much of this has been underwater for ages but now all back to normal in just a few days and woods alive with deer again ??

Yea weird mate its improved here as well got out yesterday ferreting, might get out again tomorrow fingers crossed. Whats the theory on the EU not allowing the cleaning of the ditches mate ?

Anyway Happy New Year and good luck on the Big Cat hunting.

Cheers Arry

1 hour ago, Arry said:

Yea weird mate its improved here as well got out yesterday ferreting, might get out again tomorrow fingers crossed. Whats the theory on the EU not allowing the cleaning of the ditches mate ?

Anyway Happy New Year and good luck on the Big Cat hunting.

Cheers Arry

Because under eu law all the waste that we used to pile up along the dykes as we clean them was classed as toxic waste and had to be removed and disposed of as such at a cost of £140 a ton same as the leaves they sweep up from the roads so the farmers and water authority’s  etc just stopped cleaning out the dykes which led to a lot of our floods ??even the cats seem to be changing there movements because of the extra water on the ground been a bit slow in a lot of my normal areas were I would expect to be finding a few kills now, have a good new year yourself mate ?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Raining and blowing a b*****d again. Been a wet old winter this year, only had a few frosts and none of them was hard enough to make the ground solid. Been so mild the rabbits have young in already.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
On 26/12/2019 at 22:16, blackmaggie said:

went this morning to follow a shoot we was to follow after they had beaten each wood and check any earths after hearing of one fox on the line shot i didnt hope for much but dug a brace under a old banking we then checked a few places that had been kind to us in the past and result we got a mark on both the only down side was my mates bitch walking other than that there was a very good shot on board who took phesants and ducks at a fair height and speed most wouldnt i would quess and some good work from the gun dogs 

Sounds a cracking day with the exception of your mates bitch going back.

On 27/12/2019 at 08:48, Greyman said:

don’t no how many of you ever wear them but a pair of decent gaiters over your boots make a huge difference when the grounds wet, ✌️✌️

Talking of gaiters. I've been using neoprene MacGaiters this season. Couldn't really get on with gaiters before but I'm loving these.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Just them mountain green ones mate? They good enough for proper wet stuff?

I mean, I haven't been yomping the winter rape like normal because it's all failed this year. :laugh:

And that is the real test of a pair of gaiters for waterproofing imo. But I have been in puddles half way up my shin and remained dry, very simply because they are designed to fit snug (like a wetsuit) so you get no water ingress between the gaiter and boot, unlike with a traditional gaiter. They also seem shockingly bramble resistant. They also enhance your ankle support a little. I wear them with my Altberg Highcountry boots. :thumbs:

• Thanks 1
On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 15:46, Greyman said:

Because under eu law all the waste that we used to pile up along the dykes as we clean them was classed as toxic waste and had to be removed and disposed of as such at a cost of £140 a ton same as the leaves they sweep up from the roads so the farmers and water authority’s  etc just stopped cleaning out the dykes which led to a lot of our floods ??even the cats seem to be changing there movements because of the extra water on the ground been a bit slow in a lot of my normal areas were I would expect to be finding a few kills now, have a good new year yourself mate ?

never stopped them round here....every couple of year at least....theres a digger digging out the dykes...and just pilling on top of the bank

• Like 1
1 hour ago, iworkwhippets said:

always said to myself, if I relied on the weather, id never go through the door, im out every day now rain or shine, f**k it, nowt a towel wont put right when I get home

your right there mate.....

one of me old dads favourite sayings is....."you wont rust lad"