Is it ever going to stop raining

13 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

The plantation you see on the right is being thinned in the spring. There will be harvesters and forwarders in and out , maybe they will flatten it out when it’s a bit drier . 

It's ok mate he's on nicotine depravation/withdrawal.

Cheers, D.

• Haha 3

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got soaked through to my new Xmas bundys earlier...... Had to get out..... The fever was setting in??  

It's swamped out here, still have to get the dog out

I can't remember a winter as wet as this one. Lots of crops knackered, some farmers still trying to keep stock out which is poaching the ground up. Most of the maze was f****d or harvested late and go

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

Yep

winter has finally kicked in

we have been very fortunate this year as normally its like this end of November 

E6254284-6D01-4A32-9E62-DF5F4909AF10.png

Even one week of that here if be happy.

This is all we seem to be getting for a while.

Although that cold would probably wipe 50% of the population out here lol.

Atb j 

Screenshot_20200111-225942_Chrome.jpg

• Sad 1

I looked at the beaters having lunch on the last shoot date , the banter was brilliant. I swear if you filmed it and broadcast it it would be more entertaining than any of the sh@t on at the moment. They were talking about all the wind ups and sh@t they got up to . Kids nowadays are too interested in video games . Some of the young lads there were pissing themselves, I said make the most of this because if the weather turns cold it might be the last time you get to hear stories like this . 

15 hours ago, dytkos said:

Had em for years on the MTB, never use em now, boots should be waterproof 

Cheers, D.

But my wellies aren't as I found out this morning! Time to dig out the Seal Skinz  ?

Cheers, D.

48 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

If it wasn’t for moon then last fe w nights have been a lampers dream up here. Even with the moon yous have bagged up of ye wanted, milk tanker driver told me last night we gonna have a real bitter cold spell in couple weeks, an he is never wrong ?

Sleet here at the moment, with snow promised for higher ground. Won't last long though, mores the pity 

Atb j 

21 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I hate seal skin socks ?????

I hate wet cold feet more, not something I would wear as an everyday sock, but when it’s like this I need every edge I can get, as even the footpaths are knee deep in water, ✌️

16 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

what a difference a day makes eh Arry, same here nice frosty morning, clear blue sky, come pick me up tomorrow theres a good lad,  ?

If I was only closer I would be there mate.

Cheers Arry

This is more like it a cracking day. Did this road hedge today very disappointing really only four and young ones already didn't help, looks better than it was there in the hedge the other side of the road I think. Still it was a pleasure to be out there great to be alive day.

IMG_1103.jpeg.43b6b920703cfa8cf9605545c255fa8f.jpeg

IMG_1104.jpeg.434f2a0c14b41bf45867925501b678fd.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

This is taking the piss now never known a year as wet as this one. Feel sorry for all people flooded out and more rain to come.

I know Billy Connolly said there is no such thing as bad weather just bad clothing. Well f**k if I'm going out to suffer with rain running out my ass for enjoyment. I spent years in construction shovelling concret etc come home like a drowned rat but that was to earn a crust. What a crap season its been weather wise.

Cheers Arry