Sign in to follow this  
Accip74

Sober New Year?

I've had a silly year booze wise! I'm thinking after new year's I might take a break for a bit. I went four years dry and missed it every day. I'm in for an operation again day after boxing Day which may just bring it on sooner.

• Like 1

I'm not a drinker, only really drink when I'm in good company couple of a

Occasions a yr..... Bought a case of cobra for crimbo .... Going down a treat after some edibles and a big blunt of purple erkal and a big hand rolled worm of some old skool gold seal black🥴.... 

Peace lads..... 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Been a nice day with the mrs and me 3 daughters came home for dinner. Personally giving up the booze was the best thing I ever did. Nice clear head and up at the crack of dawn to try for a duck. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, terryd said:

Been a nice day with the mrs and me 3 daughters came home for dinner. Personally giving up the booze was the best thing I ever did. Nice clear head and up at the crack of dawn to try for a duck. 

Who's dawn? Does your wife know?

• Haha 2

We've managed to get Christmas day out of the way without the baby putting in an appearance, watching other people drink my beers 😢

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, ollieollie said:

I have remained beer-less all day despite there being plenty to go at.

I've not had a.drop, had a few last night, but cooking all morning and making kids toys and fitting batteries etc. Bloody knackered after all the grub too, cuppa tea I think.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mole trapper said:

I've had a silly year booze wise! I'm thinking after new year's I might take a break for a bit. I went four years dry and missed it every day. I'm in for an operation again day after boxing Day which may just bring it on sooner.

Good luck with both mate :thumbs:

• Thanks 1

Not bothered me one bit this year......not even been within 200 yards of a drunk person all week. Probably alot further down the road than I thought so happy days......Work everyday now till jan 5th then got a plane to catch :D 

Edited by Stoney100
  • Like 3

I, like a lot of us drank a little too heavily in the past. But I’m in a good place with drinking now that I don’t really drink at all. Certain occasions I’ll have a couple of pints.
I wouldn’t drink at a wedding/birthday etc... but a cold cider after a days fishing in the summer YES, or a nice ale by a fire in a good pub following a day ferreting or rough shooting or hill walking YES.

It’s more a finish to a good day now as oppose to an activity in itself. A chance to wind down and debrief if you like and reminisce over the pleasures of the day 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mole trapper said:

Good luck tomorrow mate, sure it will all go well 👍

Cheers, D.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Good luck tomorrow mate, sure it will all go well 👍

Cheers, D.

Cheers d,

It should be fine, Mel's panicking as they are having a go at the liver tomorrow as well as the left kidney.

Hopefully you and m are having a good Christmas.

3 minutes ago, mole trapper said:

Cheers d,

It should be fine, Mel's panicking as they are having a go at the liver tomorrow as well as the left kidney.

Hopefully you and m are having a good Christmas.

Glad your not phased by it mate, good on ya, I'd be shitting myself 😁

All good here, ate too much yesterday, couldn't drink last night 👎

Good luck again, love to Mel.

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1