Sober New Year?

I'm feeling like shit as well, coughing until I retch..back and neck are killing and I cant stop sneezing... it's just a cold but pisses me off that as soon as I get a few weeks off work and start to relax the body goes into meltdown Lol...

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I packed up drinking when I was 24, now it’s limited to the very rare occasion if I feel like a beer with a meal or some special occasion when it feels right. I have never missed it at all, ever.

Don’t sound sad at all mate.......I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned it on here before  but I don’t drink at all now and realistically can’t ever see myself drinking again......yes there will be times lif

Try these mate. Cheers, D.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I'm feeling like shit as well, coughing until I retch..back and neck are killing and I cant stop sneezing... it's just a cold but pisses me off that as soon as I get a few weeks off work and start to relax the body goes into meltdown Lol...

2 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Yep same here was sitting making plans as I'm off all week then this and cant be arsed going anywhere or doing anything now

I have a theory on this - I reckon when you're a bit old school, the type to work and pay your bills (not sit on your arse with your hand out), not take days off work needlessly  - your body becomes accustomed to doing what it has to do and will, mostly, hold back any illness bugs until it knows that you can wind down a bit.

19 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

My missus had just had 11 days of non stop spewing an shitting leading upto crimbo, never known nowt like it tbh, after 2nd day I told her it can’t possible last any longer,  after 4th day she went to docs as hadn’t ate, drunk or slept on 4 days an was still up every half hour on dot spewing an shitting. Gave her anti sickness tabs an all usual bollocks an nowt still none the better. 7 days in an she went to hospital an couldn’t take any more, fcuk by this point I was praying she would get better as hoose was a mess an me an kids were starving ? I’d tried me best am done not bad but truth be told without her here the house falls apart no matter how much I try an do??

seriously seriously dehydrated an put on drips an given even stronger anti sickness yet still nowt helped the poor fcuker. Took blood works an told her she had a stomach flu, said it could last upto 12 days???

sure as shite stinks. She woke up on 11 th day an started feeling a wee bit better, thank fcuk nobody else in family had took it, that’s all I can say, wasn’t nice even watching her on tbat state never mind goin throo it meself ☹️

glad/hope she picks up mate, there deff bug going round, me sister-in law  had it, coming out mouth/arse like fooking brown soup :bad: there de-high rate  so its very dangerous  for any person, more so kids. and you with young children   have to be very careful ,. i know what you mean when the woman goes sick , the house norms stop, it when my old mum was ill..!!

41 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

My missus had just had 11 days of non stop spewing an shitting leading upto crimbo, never known nowt like it tbh, after 2nd day I told her it can’t possible last any longer,  after 4th day she went to docs as hadn’t ate, drunk or slept on 4 days an was still up every half hour on dot spewing an shitting. Gave her anti sickness tabs an all usual bollocks an nowt still none the better. 7 days in an she went to hospital an couldn’t take any more, fcuk by this point I was praying she would get better as hoose was a mess an me an kids were starving ? I’d tried me best am done not bad but truth be told without her here the house falls apart no matter how much I try an do??

seriously seriously dehydrated an put on drips an given even stronger anti sickness yet still nowt helped the poor fcuker. Took blood works an told her she had a stomach flu, said it could last upto 12 days???

sure as shite stinks. She woke up on 11 th day an started feeling a wee bit better, thank fcuk nobody else in family had took it, that’s all I can say, wasn’t nice even watching her on tbat state never mind goin throo it meself ☹️

Perhaps with you and the kids being outside a lot and exposed to all kinds of nasties has boosted your immune systems, get your Mrs. down the cowsheds and checking traps with you, tell her it's preventative medicine.

25 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I have a theory on this - I reckon when you're a bit old school, the type to work and pay your bills (not sit on your arse with your hand out), not take days off work needlessly  - your body becomes accustomed to doing what it has to do and will, mostly, hold back any illness bugs until it knows that you can wind down a bit.

My mrs said something similar....reckons as soon as I relax I get ill.... f**k retiring!! Lol

2 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

You are correct

hence why so many holiday illnesses

you relax and it gets a hold

• 1 month later...

Over the halfway mark now & feeling great. Lost a few kg’s, doing a modest little workout most days of the week & getting a bit of shape.

It’s around this time I start to thinking it would be good to never drink again, but I know that’s not realistic. I’ve got a few little trips lined up this year where a nice drink here & there will be a must, so maybe I’ll try & stay mostly off the booze between those. Bettering last years intake would be nice & pretty easy I think.

I’ve even tried the odd alcohol free beer in restaurants which I still think is pretty pointless, though one was quite good.

First drink will be April 7th in San Sebastián........ not sure what time? ?

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

Over the halfway mark now & feeling great. Lost a few kg’s, doing a modest little workout most days of the week & getting a bit of shape.

It’s around this time I start to thinking it would be good to never drink again, but I know that’s not realistic. I’ve got a few little trips lined up this year where a nice drink here & there will be a must, so maybe I’ll try & stay mostly off the booze between those. Bettering last years intake would be nice & pretty easy I think.

I’ve even tried the odd alcohol free beer in restaurants which I still think is pretty pointless, though one was quite good.

First drink will be April 7th in San Sebastián........ not sure what time? ?

I failed.... last night was just the tip of the iceberg ???

Although thanks to going out for a beer a couple of weeks ago, I'm now seeing a very pretty lady ? So.... not all bad ?

1 minute ago, mushroom said:

I failed.... last night was just the tip of the iceberg ???

Although thanks to going out for a beer a couple of weeks ago, I'm now seeing a very pretty lady ? So.... not all bad ?

I came close to failure on Saturday in Antwerp. Not a social situation, but rather a very bad service situation where I was getting something done. Some prick nearly had me going for a beer just to ‘level off’! Haha...... pathetic!

I refrained ?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

I came close to failure on Saturday in Antwerp. Not a social situation, but rather a very bad service situation where I was getting something done. Some prick nearly had me going for a beer just to ‘level off’! Haha...... pathetic!

I refrained ?

I have no excuse ?‍♂️?