• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ive just been made head bailiff for my club waters and accepted as a committee member ?pretty chuffed.... Now I can turf every cnut out the prime swims ??? On a serious note.... Kings a sound lad

Imagine being bobby joe smith cutting around feeling ten carat  and sauntering over to your mates , all cowboy hatted up and in wife beaters with a medallion of a monkeys cock around your neck yo

In that case I vote for the return of Kerney/dogfox  in place of you as I thought him quite funny we’re as you appear to just be a typical mouthy little armchair tough guy that wants to turn every thr

Posted Images

1 hour ago, WILF said:

Football and fishing were the two activities I was able to get totally focused and single minded on mate.

I need clear objectives and a bit of competition to really get OCD about something......don’t know why, just the way I am put together I suppose.

The same here mate, I done gym work because I had to..not because i liked it, but loved training, playing and loved it in the boxing gym...but weights bored the shit out of me.

Had a similar conversation with a lad of here a while back, I like the competitive side against others, I'm not so good motivating myself only...he loved his weights and personal training and found it easy to self motivate... we're all made different 

5 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I like the competitive side against others, I'm not so good motivating myself only...

It was always the battle I craved mate, obviously that dont apply to fishing but that was different, that was all about the thinking.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

The same here mate, I done gym work because I had to..not because i liked it, but loved training, playing and loved it in the boxing gym...but weights bored the shit out of me.

Had a similar conversation with a lad of here a while back, I like the competitive side against others, I'm not so good motivating myself only...he loved his weights and personal training and found it easy to self motivate... we're all made different 

I agree we are all made different an " opponent " is motivation enough for any halfway competitive person.....but i always felt that the most purest form of competition was when the opponent was myself,i always found the most interesting battles in sport were with myself as they required total 100% honesty.

• Like 4
Just now, WILF said:

It was always the battle I craved mate, obviously that dont apply to fishing but that was different, that was all about the thinking.

Haha...mate I've said the same for years...I'm a hectic person, I've never sat still.... I'm a busy angler even lol...but I love trying to work out what out what to do, out think the fish!! Lol... my mrs never quite got it... I think you do! Lol

• Like 1
Just now, gnasher16 said:

I agree we are all made different an " opponent " is motivation enough for any halfway competitive person.....but i always felt that the most purest form of competition was when the opponent was myself,i always found the most interesting battles in sport were with myself as they required total 100% honesty.

Honesty from a sporting perspective is one of the hardest thing to apply I always think.

Especially to yourself mate, it’s a thing in itself to try and master imho 

2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Haha...mate I've said the same for years...I'm a hectic person, I've never sat still.... I'm a busy angler even lol...but I love trying to work out what out what to do, out think the fish!! Lol... my mrs never quite got it... I think you do! Lol

I could never sit still behind my rods mate, always working at it for the result......never understood lads who sat there an accepted their fate of a 2 day or 3 day blank.......I do get it mate, totally !

Blimey, it’s a regular nerds convention round here ! Lol 

Just now, WILF said:

I could never sit still behind my rods mate, always working at it for the result......never understood lads who sat there an accepted their fate of a 2 day or 3 day blank.......I do get it mate, totally !

Blimey, it’s a regular nerds convention round here ! Lol 

I was thinking the same... 

Right let's get back to standard THL talk...

Who wants a fight?? Send me your post code and as long as it's not raining, sunny, windy, snowing or a day ending in Y .. I'll see if I'm free....

?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
11 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Very similar to what my mate said, and I get it completely, I've loads of respect for lads who put their sole effort into bettering themselves.. 

I wanted to be the best I could be in sport and worked hard for that, there was an end reward on a Saturday afternoon, but I'm so impatient that the gym was a meand fir fitness and strength only, the work on sculpting.a body or increasing the weight you could lift was something I couldn't commit too..either mentally or physically...

I think like Katchum has said, now I'm too old to compete in sport I may enjoy the training more...I just need 5 minutes spare to do it!! Lol

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Are you gonna go up? I’ll bet ye 50 quid ye don’t so stop trying make a big deal out it ffs?

Fact is if he wanted to go up and see him he would of found out his address without asking for it ... Took me about 5 mins to find it out without asking anyone ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1