Deerhounds

Can anyone advise as to the current state of affairs with working deerhounds in the UK, im intrested in getting a pup or 2 but must be kc registered and taking H,F and D.

They seem to be a rare thing to find from people that are working them and breeding.

Cheers

• Like 1

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely old running dogs,...I'm pleased that a few lads still fancy owning some of these beautiful animals.. My old stock were bred directly off an Ardkinglas Deerhound dog over a tremendously wel

There you go shark ?genuine articles ?

nice ttle film that mick.....what just shows them deerhounds back then ...looked more like the half crosses of today....

Posted Images

1 hour ago, webby said:

Can anyone advise as to the current state of affairs with working deerhounds in the UK, im intrested in getting a pup or 2 but must be kc registered and taking H,F and D.

They seem to be a rare thing to find from people that are working them and breeding.

Cheers

Find in the rainbow aisle next to the Unicorns. ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The best pure dh i had was Ardkinglas x Greysteel & she took rhdf back late 80’s. she was from a breeder who showed them. But back then alot of show bred dogs were worked aswell. I wasnt & still not into showing but i think if entered correctly they will do it. Maybe not to the same level as you might require tho. Atb

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

anything bred like that around you dc iam looking for a pup for my nephew?

Not at the minute jack... My mate got pup's from his  3/8 5/8 bull bitch to a 29"half x dog.... Jcm on here just took on a smart bitch wheaton bull deerhound, maybe he might know for something similar or Scottish hare hunter got some proper looking tools bred that way, if I hear of anything I drop you a message?

• Like 5