General election - who to vote for ?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mate it dont matter who you vote for, hunting with lurchers , coursing dogs,  and terriers  will never be over turned fact, just them on horse back hunting will still get away with it. they wont get j

Sandymere read the manifesto labour put out today, to even try and implement it would send us back to the 70’s and the winter of discontent. Rolling blackouts, 3 day weeks etc the lot. I get it your r

The worst of it all, imho, is that wrong is the new normal ! Every type of weirdness has been embraced and promoted. Responsibility has been replaced with excuses and an army of no win, no f

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

How is South Africa holding up since the ANC decided to kick out white farmers? :hmm:

It was Zimbabwe that did that.......it’s a desolate wasteland now 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, WILF said:

I always like your posts mate, I know you are a bloody lefty but I think you are a right sensible lad.

I could be wrong but I get the feeling that you feel the same as a lot of lads now, there is no left or right......just us and them.

Now I excuse your occasional slip up using phrases like “far right” etc because I like you !  ? and I’d rather converse with a lad like you about the merits of left wing politics because I don’t think you come at things with blind bias.......where as  Sandymere plainly does do this.

We could sit here all day long and trot out examples of what filthy bits of shit these politicians all are.......the bottom line is, debate is dead in politics, you can’t have honest conversations any more.....it’s all about the spin and the lies.

None of these scumbags is clean in that regard.

It’s a shame we are stuck in this cycle of left or right. I truly believe I’ve seen examples of good or well meaning people in both\all parties, but as a collective the game turns to pure shit! 

Until there’s a better way of deciding who runs the show I ain’t signing up for either side. Time & again they prove it just don’t work.

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wilf and Accip, maybe left and right are outdated terms. Fake news and spin make finding  the truth even more difficult. But there's common sense and basic morality. Best to vote with your conscience and sense of decency and forget the labels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, WILF said:

I always like your posts mate, I know you are a bloody lefty but I think you are a right sensible lad.

I could be wrong but I get the feeling that you feel the same as a lot of lads now, there is no left or right......just us and them.

Now I excuse your occasional slip up using phrases like “far right” etc because I like you !  ? and I’d rather converse with a lad like you about the merits of left wing politics because I don’t think you come at things with blind bias.......where as  Sandymere plainly does do this.

We could sit here all day long and trot out examples of what filthy bits of shit these politicians all are.......the bottom line is, debate is dead in politics, you can’t have honest conversations any more.....it’s all about the spin and the lies.

None of these scumbags is clean in that regard.

Totally agree, Jukel makes really sensible and decent points...it makes you question your own views a bit, which is a good thing imo...

Just telling me labour us great because it ain't Tory wont wash... God knows if there will be a party us common blokes could really get behind....in fact you've got to question if there ever has been when you look at it without rose tinted specs..

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

It’s a shame we are stuck in this cycle of left or right. I truly believe I’ve seen examples of good or well meaning people in both\all parties, but as a collective the game turns to pure shit! 

Until there’s a better way of deciding who runs the show I ain’t signing up for either side. Time & again they prove it just don’t work.

Posted before I read this, well said mate....

Right I'm.gonna take this big dog out for a few hours with the lamp.... make the most of it incase the left wing nut cases get in!! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Posted before I read this, well said mate....

Right I'm.gonna take this big dog out for a few hours with the lamp.... make the most of it incase the left wing nut cases get in!! Lol

Good luck! 

28 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Wilf and Accip, maybe left and right are outdated terms. Fake news and spin make finding  the truth even more difficult. But there's common sense and basic morality. Best to vote with your conscience and sense of decency and forget the labels.

When the ‘Common Sense & Basic Morality Party’’ assemble they’ll get my vote! ?

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, jukel123 said:

It’s a bloody shame not many will, as Gnasher said the other day in a post, if you voted with your heart you may be surprised what can happen.

11 hours ago, Accip74 said:

I don't agree abut the left / right swings. As I see it all we have had since Bliar is a drift towards centre--right. Bliar was the last right wing PM as far as I am concerned. All those who followed including Labour, Conservative and the Lib-Dems have tried to capture what is called the middle ground. UKIP were classed as Right Wing, but they only had one policy so don't really count. Left / Right politics is finished. It is all about capturing the popular vote without straying too far from the middle of the road.

8 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

I don't agree abut the left / right swings. As I see it all we have had since Bliar is a drift towards centre--right. Bliar was the last right wing PM as far as I am concerned. All those who followed including Labour, Conservative and the Lib-Dems have tried to capture what is called the middle ground. UKIP were classed as Right Wing, but they only had one policy so don't really count. Left / Right politics is finished. It is all about capturing the popular vote without straying too far from the middle of the road.

Trouble is, they shifted the middle of the road massively to the left !

• Like 2