Liverpool

1 hour ago, WILF said:

Any decent non league clubs round you?....

Yeah I've watched Bodmin Town, Newquay Utd and St. Blazey a few times but in all honesty Saturday afternoons are difficult for me to set aside for competitive but not exceptionally exciting football.

Cheers, D.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

A poor showing today for the hammers from what I heard on the radio

beaten by a championship team , easily it would seem  , a team who have been poor form of late and down to ten men ? 

A triple substitution at half time and noble  skying a sitter in the dying minutes . 

Next four games , Liverpool, city , a 6 pointer against Brighton , Liverpool.  

It never rains but it pours ...

I feel for you’s 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

A poor showing today for the hammers from what I heard on the radio

beaten by a championship team , easily it would seem  , a team who have been poor form of late and down to ten men ? 

A triple substitution at half time and noble  skying a sitter in the dying minutes . 

Next four games , Liverpool, city , a 6 pointer against Brighton , Liverpool.  

It never rains but it pours ...

I feel for you’s 

Don’t feel for us mate, we are exactly where we deserve to be.......I don’t know what the f**k is going on behind the scenes at that club but something is terminal.

I always believe that good coaching and a professional approach from boot room to boardroom can make mediocre players at least compete.......there’s a lot of people falling down on the job.

I just watched Brentford play Leicester, it was a brilliant game.......£60 million profit Brentford have made in players by simply bringing them on.

And they competed today mate with a lot of changes

They lost 1-0 but they lost the right way, playing good football and having a go against a great Leicester side.......their fans went away happy which is exactly how it should be.

We have an U23 side absolutely flying and we are going out and spunking money on the likes of Sanchez and Balbuna.......f***ing disgraceful ! 

Can't see moyses dipping in to the u23s wilf he's not that sort and it might be just what some need dropping and replacing with some one who wants it and reading the report you had no speed or urgency about the team  Brentford aren't on they own bring decent players and making a good profit 

Edited by Blackmag
Just now, Blackmag said:

Can't see moyses dipping in to the u23s wilf he's not that sort and it might be just what some need dropping and replacing with some one who wants it and reading the report you had no speed or urgency about the team  

Mate, we haven’t had any speed or urgency for at least 2 years.....I have been saying it for ages 

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

Mate, we haven’t had any speed or urgency for at least 2 years.....I have been saying it for ages 

Well from what I read wilf some can't see you staying up and the window nearly shut surely the owners knew how moyses appointment would go down with a lot of  fans who they needed to get on side after the move and promises 

19 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Well from what I read wilf some can't see you staying up and the window nearly shut surely the owners knew how moyses appointment would go down with a lot of  fans who they needed to get on side after the move and promises 

To be fair, there’s no point in buying anyone.....at least nobody who takes a look at our team and still wants to come.

Im actually looking forward to going down, I don’t think we can even begin to fix this unless we do and I certainly wouldn’t want some rich Arab to come in and spend us to glory.

If that ever happened that would be me done, I couldn’t live with that.

10 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

What makes you say that about Arabs wilf  out of interest I  know the current owners are local but I don't think there well liked 

What I’m saying is, that most fans reaction is “let’s buy, let’s buy, let’s buy”.......they think a club like us can buy our way out of mediocrity or downright being shite.

Imho and in fairness to the board, we can’t and we never will......the only option with that mindset is some rich Arab or Chinky or Russian.

We have to look to what we are all about and our history is development......if you type “The academy of football” into google  we will be the first name that pops up.......academy’s of football don’t buy 3rd rate Peruvians at the expense of their all winning development programme.

We can’t and I don’t want to buy out of this, and going down is the only way I can see that we would be forced to look to our history in order to move forward again.

I don’t want Giroud, I don’t want Ronidildo Valenciababa or Piere Langoustine......a couple of 3 really good experienced high quality players and surround them with the fruits of our youth system, drop out the journeyman managers shite and let’s just do what we do.

On 24/01/2020 at 10:56, WILF said:

I totally agree, you do feel more connected to the game and dare I say it, the players and the club.

And I also agree it seems to mean more to them, they ain’t two bobbing about things either......they warm up and drill properly, they drive each other on.....I have to admit, I love it.

It nice as well at the local place because my boy used to play for them too so it gives you that bit more of a connection and it’s so refreshing to see proper football compared to over here.

Covo has been the manager at my (old) local club for years, his boy is a coach and his grandson is trying to break into the first team.....it’s a big part of their life so, yes, I think it does matter to them type of blokes a bit more.

Before Christmas I was at a mid week cup game there, horrible night but lads are turning up to play direct from work with 20 minutes to go before kick off and all that stuff......was outside having a bit of a laugh and chin wag with them along the lines of “you better get in there and get changed, they are calling you all the c**ts under the sun” and all that caper.

It connects you mate.

I think old football lads like us find a natural home at non league, it’s more a bit of us.......you can’t loose being a West Ham fan but I definitely have not felt a connection like that for years down the hammers ( probably since they put in seats if I’m honest) 

As for this season, hand on heart I’m not that worried if we go down.....in many ways I welcome it because maybe, just maybe, it may make us rethink how we are going to work as a club......it probably won’t but I’m the supreme optimist sometimes ! Lol 

All that said, this poor little f****r is stuck with being a hammers fan for life.......not easy when all the other kids are Utd or Liverpool fans ! Lol 

3CA4DB88-9FA9-40F0-AA2F-DE0180A1287D.jpeg.5321963579502e64a20680ce1871e783.jpeg

08C8A658-8A3D-4873-BC0A-A5903BD9A60E.jpeg.4cb9cc4bd00effa784781402b862561e.jpeg

He wouldn’t have it any other way to be fair 

• Like 1

Something is badly wrong behind the scene at our club.

This team is not being prepared right, coached right, the fitness levels are terrible and the recruitment policy is like some kind of ridiculous lucky dip.......what nutter decided to give Sanchez £70 grand a week?

Haller obviously don’t want to be there, that’s as plain as the nose on your face.....wether he don’t like England or the club or what’s happening behind the scenes I don’t know but he 100% isn’t happy at all......the goals he has scored you’d think he had scored against his boyhood club such is the lack of reaction.

Why the f#ck are we overlooking our great development squad in favour of loading up the team with players who can’t get a job anywhere else? 

The money we have spunked away could have bought 3 or 4 absolute world class experienced players who when then could have surrounded with our own u23 players.......but no, let’s buy some completely unknown Ukrainian for £30 million quid and chuck him into the fastest, fittest, most high octane football environment in the world and give the coaching & fitness people the weekend off !......ludicrous !
Put some over the hill journeyman manager in charge who is still reading out of the Ron Manager school of coaching manual and bobs your uncle !

Never mind we are seeing some of the best, technically gifted student of games coaches, nah mate.....get terry from down the car lot and tell him not to forget his sheep skin jacket ! 

I slate Nobes lack of legs a bit but fair play to him yesterday, he was spot on......we shouldn’t be relying on him to come off the bench at 33 years old after he has played 3 games in a week.....there’s something fundamentally wrong with that

What a f#cking clowns turnout !

Here’s something that I think is a bit telling, check out Liverpool’s back room staff compared to teams lower in the league.

Liverpool have a top class person for everything and I mean everything......as an example West Ham’s first team fitness coach is also assistant manager of the ladies team !!

Norwhich has about the same number as us except theirs are from Borussia Dortmund and ours are from rugby ! Lol 

This is top level professional sport we are talking here, not the local non league side.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1