Liverpool

On 26/01/2020 at 11:35, WILF said:

Something is badly wrong behind the scene at our club.

This team is not being prepared right, coached right, the fitness levels are terrible and the recruitment policy is like some kind of ridiculous lucky dip.......what nutter decided to give Sanchez £70 grand a week?

Haller obviously don’t want to be there, that’s as plain as the nose on your face.....wether he don’t like England or the club or what’s happening behind the scenes I don’t know but he 100% isn’t happy at all......the goals he has scored you’d think he had scored against his boyhood club such is the lack of reaction.

Why the f#ck are we overlooking our great development squad in favour of loading up the team with players who can’t get a job anywhere else? 

The money we have spunked away could have bought 3 or 4 absolute world class experienced players who when then could have surrounded with our own u23 players.......but no, let’s buy some completely unknown Ukrainian for £30 million quid and chuck him into the fastest, fittest, most high octane football environment in the world and give the coaching & fitness people the weekend off !......ludicrous !
Put some over the hill journeyman manager in charge who is still reading out of the Ron Manager school of coaching manual and bobs your uncle !

Never mind we are seeing some of the best, technically gifted student of games coaches, nah mate.....get terry from down the car lot and tell him not to forget his sheep skin jacket ! 

I slate Nobes lack of legs a bit but fair play to him yesterday, he was spot on......we shouldn’t be relying on him to come off the bench at 33 years old after he has played 3 games in a week.....there’s something fundamentally wrong with that

What a f#cking clowns turnout !

Im finding it all too much at the moment that on Saturday was the worst atmosphere ive ever encountered at football the entire ground is toxic,fans putting it on each other,arguing....we,ll be seeing scenes similar to Burnley again soon i dont ever remember morale being lower than it is now......i looked down at Slav and Julian Dicks and they almost looked embarrassed.....im so glad that those 2 club icons that received no backing and had all the blame pointed at them before being sacked have come back here and had the last laugh !....we are a circus,a laughing stock......these owners have taken a special piece of our lives and trampled all over it.....this picture is believe it or not taken from one of the best seats in the ground,and its not as good as the view i had as a 15 year old kid bunking in over the bus garage gates at Upton Park !.....its a f****n disgrace whats going on at this club.

IMG_0247.jpg

• Sad 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

On 26/01/2020 at 12:48, WILF said:

Here’s something that I think is a bit telling, check out Liverpool’s back room staff compared to teams lower in the league.

Liverpool have a top class person for everything and I mean everything......as an example West Ham’s first team fitness coach is also assistant manager of the ladies team !!

Norwhich has about the same number as us except theirs are from Borussia Dortmund and ours are from rugby ! Lol 

This is top level professional sport we are talking here, not the local non league side.

Wilf do you ever get over Rush Green ?.....this club thats been taken onto the " next level "......that will attract the best talent from around the world.....on the way to regular Champions League football.......have a training ground consisting of a few fields with some portacabins round them.....a scouting network consisting of 1...( yes ONE ) club scout....yet in terms of revenue generated we are the 18th richest club in the world !!!...........they have invested nothing in the infrastructure of this club,we are tenants in our ground,have non league standard training facilities and a kid playing real life Football Manager picking our players from his bedroom......we have made absolutely no progress on the pitch whatsoever since moving and have the worst ground in the football league....its an utter shambles.

And to think i passed up on a cracking 3 - 3 draw at the little non league mob to watch this shit !

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Wilf do you ever get over Rush Green ?.....this club thats been taken onto the " next level "......that will attract the best talent from around the world.....on the way to regular Champions League football.......have a training ground consisting of a few fields with some portacabins round them.....a scouting network consisting of 1...( yes ONE ) club scout....yet in terms of revenue generated we are the 18th richest club in the world !!!...........they have invested nothing in the infrastructure of this club,we are tenants in our ground,have non league standard training facilities and a kid playing real life Football Manager picking our players from his bedroom......we have made absolutely no progress on the pitch whatsoever since moving and have the worst ground in the football league....its an utter shambles.

And to think i passed up on a cracking 3 - 3 draw at the little non league mob to watch this shit !

I have played there many, many times mate.

I know exactly what you are saying mate, that’s why I looked up a few clubs back room set up’s compared to ours.

Honestly mate, our set up is comparable to Sligo Rovers !!......it’s ridiculous !   

In fact, Sligo have more and better all weather pitches !......go figure that one?

Im boring anyone that can be bothered to listen and saying this is not  just the players, this runs much deeper.

I think we are in a time when the coach and detail are king and nobody at our club is paying that any attention.......I was saying to Stiffmeister the other night, Look at Henderson and Milner.

In any other team they would be ordinary so what makes them an integral part of one of the best teams we have seen for years?......it can only come from the coach and the detail behind the scenes imho  

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
On 25/01/2020 at 20:59, WILF said:

What I’m saying is, that most fans reaction is “let’s buy, let’s buy, let’s buy”.......they think a club like us can buy our way out of mediocrity or downright being shite.

Imho and in fairness to the board, we can’t and we never will......the only option with that mindset is some rich Arab or Chinky or Russian.

We have to look to what we are all about and our history is development......if you type “The academy of football” into google  we will be the first name that pops up.......academy’s of football don’t buy 3rd rate Peruvians at the expense of their all winning development programme.

We can’t and I don’t want to buy out of this, and going down is the only way I can see that we would be forced to look to our history in order to move forward again.

I don’t want Giroud, I don’t want Ronidildo Valenciababa or Piere Langoustine......a couple of 3 really good experienced high quality players and surround them with the fruits of our youth system, drop out the journeyman managers shite and let’s just do what we do.

" In fairness to our board " ?

Our owners tried to get Birmingham council to build them a ground to replace St Andrews and got told to f**k off.....so having now achieved their mission our owners dismembered our academy in order to get with the times and use our incredible scouting network to attract the worlds best players.

Forget our academy and just hope that Sullivans son gets better at playing Top Trumps !

• Haha 1
On 25/01/2020 at 19:52, WILF said:

Don’t feel for us mate, we are exactly where we deserve to be.......I don’t know what the f**k is going on behind the scenes at that club but something is terminal.

I always believe that good coaching and a professional approach from boot room to boardroom can make mediocre players at least compete.......there’s a lot of people falling down on the job.

I just watched Brentford play Leicester, it was a brilliant game.......£60 million profit Brentford have made in players by simply bringing them on.

And they competed today mate with a lot of changes

They lost 1-0 but they lost the right way, playing good football and having a go against a great Leicester side.......their fans went away happy which is exactly how it should be.

We have an U23 side absolutely flying and we are going out and spunking money on the likes of Sanchez and Balbuna.......f***ing disgraceful ! 

You went to a game at Pissheads Utd ?.....havent been down there in years but when we was young they used to get called that because they had a pub on every corner of the ground.....i know The Griffins still there not sure about the other 3 though......they,ve got a nice shiny new ground further up the road waiting to be occupied i think they,ll be wishing they made it a bit bigger now theres a chance they,ll be in the Premier League pretty soon.

Good for you though mate you get about to see games fair do,s.

On 24/01/2020 at 10:56, WILF said:

I totally agree, you do feel more connected to the game and dare I say it, the players and the club.

And I also agree it seems to mean more to them, they ain’t two bobbing about things either......they warm up and drill properly, they drive each other on.....I have to admit, I love it.

It nice as well at the local place because my boy used to play for them too so it gives you that bit more of a connection and it’s so refreshing to see proper football compared to over here.

Covo has been the manager at my (old) local club for years, his boy is a coach and his grandson is trying to break into the first team.....it’s a big part of their life so, yes, I think it does matter to them type of blokes a bit more.

Before Christmas I was at a mid week cup game there, horrible night but lads are turning up to play direct from work with 20 minutes to go before kick off and all that stuff......was outside having a bit of a laugh and chin wag with them along the lines of “you better get in there and get changed, they are calling you all the c**ts under the sun” and all that caper.

It connects you mate.

I think old football lads like us find a natural home at non league, it’s more a bit of us.......you can’t loose being a West Ham fan but I definitely have not felt a connection like that for years down the hammers ( probably since they put in seats if I’m honest) 

As for this season, hand on heart I’m not that worried if we go down.....in many ways I welcome it because maybe, just maybe, it may make us rethink how we are going to work as a club......it probably won’t but I’m the supreme optimist sometimes ! Lol 

All that said, this poor little f****r is stuck with being a hammers fan for life.......not easy when all the other kids are Utd or Liverpool fans ! Lol 

3CA4DB88-9FA9-40F0-AA2F-DE0180A1287D.jpeg.5321963579502e64a20680ce1871e783.jpeg

08C8A658-8A3D-4873-BC0A-A5903BD9A60E.jpeg.4cb9cc4bd00effa784781402b862561e.jpeg

Ive found myself going to less and less home games i just despise the place it actually upsets me to go there silly as it sounds....ive not missed an away game this season and i think theres a lot of our generation doing the same......during the week a few of my pals started chirping up about it being the Fa Cup and what with tradition " dont you want a cup run " bla bla bla.......so ok come on then lets stay loyal to the cause......well f**k em now home games will be non league days for me for a while.

Beautiful couple of pictures them mate lovely healthy little chap nailing his colours on.....lovely to see....its them i feel sorry for in all honesty we have at least had some great times,togetherness and pride attached to the club.

• Like 1
On 24/01/2020 at 11:48, sid g said:

i go to 2 of my local ish clubs both play a decent standard both have club houses where you can get a burger and a brew or a  beer at half time or after the game  both have lights so can pull the odd night game in aswell , i take my grandson hes not 4 yet cant see him sat in the stands just yet he`s had enough by half time . 

Excellent,good for you mate i love conversing with folk who just simply love their footie.....my grandsons 4 as well footie just cant hold his attention for long enough at the moment though after the first 10 minutes he,s bored and saying " right can we have a play fight now " ?

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

" In fairness to our board " ?

Yeah, I was trying to be all sensible and level headed ! Lol ? ?........but you’re right, f**k em ! 

I’ll pop round your gaff and we can iron the little c**t out when he walks past with his dog ! ? 

13 minutes ago, sid g said:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/01/jurgen-klopp-says-he-wont-manage-liverpool-in-fa-cup-replay/    if i was a liverpool fan and they lost this i`d be pissed off whats your views ? 

I make him totally right, his players have been playing at an amazing level, he has promised them the time off and is sticking to his word......that’s why he is the best coach in Europe at the minute.

He is managing that team to perfection and to be fair, I think his U23 will be drilled exactly the same as the first team.

i personally think it will be really interesting to watch.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, WILF said:

I make him totally right, his players have been playing at an amazing level, he has promised them the time off and is sticking to his word......that’s why he is the best coach in Europe at the minute.

He is managing that team to perfection and to be fair, I think his U23 will be drilled exactly the same as the first team.

Klopp is one of a very few in top level football who is fighting for player's welfare. Most of the others are hell bent on extracting every last cent out of the game. And to be honest, I don't think the true Koppites will give a flying-feck about the cup as long as they win the PL this year.

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, WILF said:

Yeah, I was trying to be all sensible and level headed ! Lol ? ?........but you’re right, f**k em ! 

I’ll pop round your gaff and we can iron the little c**t out when he walks past with his dog ! ? 

A...it wouldnt take 2 of us youd just step on the little prat.

B...i dont think he risks walking anywhere anymore ! ?

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, WILF said:

I totally agree, the FA made a point of saying all clubs should respect the winter break for the mental and physical wellbeing of the players, and that is what he is doing.This has been in the making for 2 years and yet the FA still f****d up.Does make for a good game though I agree.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, WILF said:

I think we are in a time when the coach and detail are king and nobody at our club is paying that any attention.......I was saying to Stiffmeister the other night, Look at Henderson and Milner.

In any other team they would be ordinary so what makes them an integral part of one of the best teams we have seen for years?......it can only come from the coach and the detail behind the scenes imho  

So wrapped up in my own hate filled mumblings earlier i skipped over this.......its an interesting point as it happens.

Average/good sportsmen with high levels of fitness and dedication with the right coaching can go far in their chosen sport.....great point :thumbs:

• Like 1