Liverpool

6 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

But surely new stadium 50 grand plus crowds a good academy history etc surely they are things that would attract some one like him with moyses you know what your getting and his style of play that doesn't suit most West ham fans but  means safety and maybe a decent cup run but with all the investment surely the owners would want more 

Exactly that mate, they would attract him if he thought he could use that resource but he obviously knew or believed that it wasn’t going to be part of the club’s strategy......and from what I can see, it isn’t .

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

1 hour ago, WILF said:

I have been saying this for ages, it not ideas above my station stuff it’s just football reality as I see it.

City and Liverpool have raised the bar for everyone in terms of fitness, style and aggressive, attacking decent passing football where the ball moves quick and the players have to move with it.

We have never got near that pace apart from one blip of a season before we left Upton Park under Slav......we have muddled along, happy to stagnate and just “stay up”........clubs just trying to “stay up” have no place in this style of football or the premier league anymore, times have changed and City and Liverpool have changed them.

We have got it fundamentally wrong in our mindset at our club......the move was sold as a change in mindset, it wasn’t ! 

We wasnt just trying to stay up Wilf our last 3 seasons at Upton Park were season to season improvements you cant ask for any more than that.....much of sport is about momentum and we had great momentum that stopped dead as soon as we moved......moving grounds has been an utter disaster for everybody involved apart from the owners,which was the outcome predicted by a large number of fans at the time.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

This season has been waiting for us for a while imho, we have gotten away with it for 4 years but now the chickens are coming home to roost.

Fact of the matter is, you can’t keep signing over the hill players , players who can’t get in their own squads, players who good teams are willing to release, 8 foot wogs from France, coke heads constantly “injured” and basically players who never took themselves or their football seriously enough to get on at clubs or in a league that matters.......it has absolutely no place in the modern game.

Same go’s for managers, employing your journeyman manager as you lurch from one white knuckle ride to the next has to stop.

Nobody and I mean nobody has changed their thinking at our club, it just feels tired.

Young, clued on, aggressive  coaches , young players who you produce yourself playing football you can get behind has to be the way forward.

I dont know why you are surprised though Wilf....did you think we was going to stroll into this new ground into this bright new world of football and become " a brand "...........but then go back and start picking youngsters off of Hackney Marshes ?......i remember you saying ( as a few others did ) that we should become a brand so we can attract players from around the world.....thats what you wanted !!

Edited by gnasher16
6 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

We wasnt just trying to stay up Wilf our last 3 seasons at Upton Park were season to season improvements you cant ask for any more than that.....much of sport is about momentum and we had great momentum that stopped dead as soon as we moved......moving grounds has been an utter disaster for everybody involved apart from the owners,which was the outcome predicted by a large number of fans at the time.

No, fair play to you squire, it looks like you have been proved right......hands up.

You know why I thought moving was the head over heart decision so we don’t need to go over all that again.

I swallowed it hook, line and sinker.......still, you know the form, we was West Ham fans last year and we will still be West Ham fans next year......disappointment just go’s hand in hand with following our club.

I wonder what’s it’s like to support a club that easy to support ? Lol ? 

24 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

But surely new stadium 50 grand plus crowds a good academy history etc surely they are things that would attract some one like him with moyses you know what your getting and his style of play that doesn't suit most West ham fans but  means safety and maybe a decent cup run but with all the investment surely the owners would want more 

LIfelong West Ham fans like myself have to take a back seat now.....the clubs gone and will never be the same for us we get that.....for many of us the passions gone and its just a big meeting place for old pals.

Good times for the 2 bob " new fans " we are collecting will kick in around 2023 when our current owners will be off and more than likely over those next years we,ll become the latest Chelsea/Man City............like i say the clubs gone for us.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

LIfelong West Ham fans like myself have to take a back seat now.....the clubs gone and will never be the same for us we get that.....for many of us the passions gone and its just a big meeting place for old pals.

Good times for the 2 bob " new fans " we are collecting will kick in around 2023 when our current owners will be off and more than likely around over those next years we,ll become the latest Chelsea/Man City............like i say the clubs gone for us.

Nash I get most of that is down to the move but is some of it not  down to how top flight  football has gone theses days to how it was because has I have said before it's lost something for me and I prefer non league now 

Edited by Blackmag
7 minutes ago, WILF said:

No, fair play to you squire, it looks like you have been proved right......hands up.

You know why I thought moving was the head over heart decision so we don’t need to go over all that again.

I swallowed it hook, line and sinker.......still, you know the form, we was West Ham fans last year and we will still be West Ham fans next year......disappointment just go’s hand in hand with following our club.

I wonder what’s it’s like to support a club that easy to support ? Lol ? 

Its not about who was right and who was wrong mate im having the same conversations with people every week and we all come back to the same reality,and that is.....we just didnt fight hard enough to stop this move....im as ashamed as the next fan.... part of me in the back of my mind thought " well yes i suppose it would be nice to play at the Nou Camp now and again after all these years of hardship "......i keep saying never has the Bubbles song been more appropriate than this whole ground move !!

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I dont know why you are surprised though Wilf....did you think we was going to stroll into this new ground into this bright new world of football and become " a brand "...........but then go back and start picking youngsters off of Hackney Marshes ?......i remember you saying ( as a few others did ) that we should become a brand so we can attract players from around the world.....thats what you wanted !!

I think what I actually said was “to make it a place players want to come to work” but I could be wrong and it probably amounts to the same thing mate.

And I stand by that to be fair, off the back of the steady progression you mentioned, it should have made it easier to bring in decent players.......now don’t confuse that with I wanted or thought we could buy our way to the big time, that holds no interest to me.

What you have seen a few teams do is build out of their youth system and drop good quality buy in’s into the equation.

I think we are the type of club who have always been proud of our development system and could get behind a policy like that.

That’s not being “Man City” , it’s doing things the right way which I like to think we have always thought of ourselves as liking to do? 

• Like 1

As a total aside, I think Germany and Spain have seen the value of good quality mental and tactical coaching for a long time where as the UK is only waking up to the fact the last 5 years.

Those countries make coaching qualification a lot more accessible where as the UK and Irish FA’s see it as a bit of a cash cow.

1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

Nash I get most of that is down to the move but is some of it not  down to how top flight  football has gone theses days to how it was because has I have said before it's lost something for me and I prefer non league now 

I get that mate i watch a bit of non league myself but like anything if you like a sport you want to see the best at it.....f**k knows why i watch West Ham though just habit i suppose ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

I think what I actually said was “to make it a place players want to come to work” but I could be wrong and it probably amounts to the same thing mate.

And I stand by that to be fair, off the back of the steady progression you mentioned, it should have made it easier to bring in decent players.......now don’t confuse that with I wanted or thought we could buy our way to the big time, that holds no interest to me.

What you have seen a few teams do is build out of their youth system and drop good quality buy in’s into the equation.

I think we are the type of club who have always been proud of our development system and could get behind a policy like that.

That’s not being “Man City” , it’s doing things the right way which I like to think we have always thought of ourselves as liking to do? 

Im hardly a rocket scientist mate and i could see what it would lead to as most others could who know our club and our area......dont get me wrong i was all for Sullivan & Gold when they first pitched up it was a nice romantic little notion but the minute they even mentioned moving stadiums that was it for me....usually when something seems too good to be true its because it is....and it was.

There are still good footballers coming out of this area make no mistake about it...but the routes they are taking are different to Tony Carrs era he was a unique footballing man Wilf im not sure we,ll see anything like that again,anywhere in the Uk to be quite honest.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

I get that mate i watch a bit of non league myself but like anything if you like a sport you want to see the best at it.....f**k knows why i watch West Ham though just habit i suppose ?

I was at a belting game last Saturday, local club played Kingstonian......the game had everything.

End to end stuff, went at each other, just enough niggle, goal disallowed, 3-3 with the equaliser scored in the last 10 minutes so the game finished will a real scrap.....12 inches from the pitch ! Fantastic ! 

All that for £10 !......can’t beat it mate 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I think De Gea has probably saved a lot of blushes post Ferguson but at what point does his prolonged period of inconsistency become more than just a " temporary dip in form " like these pundits would have everyone believe !

To be fair max , when your struggling as a centre half or as a centre mid you can be covered or supported by your mate. 

We’ve all seen the affect confidence has on a striker, I would say the same is a keeper , your second guessing your centre backs when they aren’t on form and more painfully yourself. 

I think people are playing the  type of football de gea struggles with against united other issues in the park are allowing that to happen

until they shore up the defence , get the wings and the working area in front of the centre half’s killed he’ll continue on a downward spiral as he’s a fantastic shot stopper . But with the volume of pressure against him he’ll struggle 

4 hours ago, WILF said:

As a total aside, I think Germany and Spain have seen the value of good quality mental and tactical coaching for a long time where as the UK is only waking up to the fact the last 5 years.

Those countries make coaching qualification a lot more accessible where as the UK and Irish FA’s see it as a bit of a cash cow.

The best thing that happened to German football was us doing them 5 1 

and even the Dutch golden generation underachieved