Liverpool

1 hour ago, blackmaggie said:

i know one kid who parents are pushing him hard to play but it seems the parents more than the kid himself who want it shame as it seems there taking the fun out of it for him but i suppose that the way society as gone now you see much of that wilf 

Parents can be the worst mate, for a start most of them have absolutely no concept about the fact that’s it’s NOT about winning football matches at junior level.

Then of course you have the parent who never volunteers or gives up his time to coach or even help, more over you can see they have never played the game in any sort of serious way but come the match.....they are Johan Cruyff !! 

You give your kids a set of ideas, tell them to focus on certain things in the game, encourage them and there’s this prat screaming at his kid from the side lines to do this or do that.......poor little fuckers don’t know where they are.

The collective groan when you give the kids (who may not have the same level of ability as “the best” players ) their fair share of game time......it’s f***ing horrible mate.

I can hand on heart say I never pushed my boy to play football, I let him discover it by himself.

Even this season he lost a bit of enthusiasm and confidence with the game and said “I want to pack up!” So I said “fine” and let him do it.

After about a month I said “what’s the problem” so he told me and I explained that he was just focusing on the wrong things, worrying about winning when he should just focus on his own game and being a good example to players around him.......I told him “You can’t play the whole game in every position, you just have to play your position and enjoy yourself by doing the best you can for others”

So, he thought about that for another 2 weeks then said “I want to go back” and he really enjoyed himself again......he was a different lad.

You can’t bully any player mate, never mind kids.....you have to be a bit more clever about things.

Its easy to smash people down, it’s building them up that’s hard.

• Like 5

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

Parents can be the worst mate, for a start most of them have absolutely no concept about the fact that’s it’s NOT about winning football matches at junior level.

Then of course you have the parent who never volunteers or gives up his time to coach or even help, more over you can see they have never played the game in any sort of serious way but come the match.....they are Johan Cruyff !! 

You give your kids a set of ideas, tell them to focus on certain things in the game, encourage them and there’s this prat screaming at his kid from the side lines to do this or do that.......poor little fuckers don’t know where they are.

The collective groan when you give the kids (who may not have the same level of ability as “the best” players ) their fair share of game time......it’s f***ing horrible mate.

I can hand on heart say I never pushed my boy to play football, I let him discover it by himself.

Even this season he lost a bit of enthusiasm and confidence with the game and said “I want to pack up!” So I said “fine” and let him do it.

After about a month I said “what’s the problem” so he told me and I explained that he was just focusing on the wrong things, worrying about winning when he should just focus on his own game and being a good example to players around him.......I told him “You can’t play the whole game in every position, you just have to play your position and enjoy yourself by doing the best you can for others”

So, he thought about that for another 2 weeks then said “I want to go back” and he really enjoyed himself again......he was a different lad.

You can’t bully any player mate, never mind kids.....you have to be a bit more clever about things.

Its easy to smash people down, it’s building them up that’s hard.

i should think thats why the klopp pep types are successful they seem more man manager types than say the old hair dryer types i suppose like anything its how you man mangage and you will get that extra from a happy worker as regards kids i suppose you get the parents like the one we mentioned and you see it more than me but it happens in all sports i bet kid with the lastest boots etc being pushed to hard by a parent and like you say parents being a 90 min expert im glad your lad found his mojo  and is enjoying himself again i would think you do get some groans but like you say its about a team my youngest went to training a couple of times hes austic he went in goal and his coach kept telling him to move the forward that was stood in front at a corner after a couple of goes he threw him in back of the net he didnt fancy it after that but hes not really a team player 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, blackmaggie said:

i should think thats why the klopp pep types are successful they seem more man manager types than say the old hair dryer types i suppose like anything its how you man mangage and you will get that extra from a happy worker as regards kids i suppose you get the parents like the one we mentioned and you see it more than me but it happens in all sports i bet kid with the lastest boots etc being pushed to hard by a parent and like you say parents being a 90 min expert im glad your lad found his mojo  and is enjoying himself again i would think you do get some groans but like you say its about a team my youngest went to training a couple of times hes austic he went in goal and his coach kept telling him to move the forward that was stood in front at a corner after a couple of goes he threw him in back of the net he didnt fancy it after that but hes not really a team player 

My youngest is ASD too mate and he can’t deal with big crowds and instructions at all ! 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

Minamino all signed up......remember the name as this kid is the real deal and going to flourish under klopp!

i read that he had a good game against them earlier in the season  a good record overall and at very price to i see is his club your new production line for lfc is that 4 or 5 players now from there  

24 minutes ago, WILF said:

My youngest is ASD too mate and he can’t deal with big crowds and instructions at all ! 

hes same with crowds but instruction he will follow to the letter like at boxing but he has a win at all costs attitude and hates losing at anything  

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, blackmaggie said:

hes same with crowds but instruction he will follow to the letter like at boxing but he has a win at all costs attitude and hates losing at anything  

My lad is funny, he can follow instruction for Lego or puzzles all by himself and you won’t get a peep out of him for hours but if he has to start making multiple choices in a social situation the old brain frazzles! Lol 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, WILF said:

Ohh, is that the club you have a little interest in.....just dawned on me.

I like that little ground, I’ll buy you a cup of tea when I’m over there next.....that’s if the hoi palloy have tea with the oiks? Lol ? 

Its never a good sign when 2 out of the 3 people who talked you into something then proceed to throw the towel in and f**k off to other clubs ?

Im barely dipping my toes in the water but its a business like no other your not really expecting to make money its almost like donating to a good cause,we used to sponsor a kids team back years ago,for the price of a kit we got our company name on the front of their shirts but they started wanting foreign tours and end of season trophies when they hadnt won f**k all ?

Investing in non league clubs is all about making the club sustainable and self sufficient....if a club is in a densely populated area without much local competition and a good tradition for the game then your likely to do ok but you are still literally just donating money to a good cause the finances are all based on the pro club model just much smaller scale of course....a lad brought through your academy for pennies sold for 75k is seen as a result until you realise the player power in the game from top to bottom means that lad already stands you in double that after 2 seasons of first team football !

• Like 1
15 hours ago, WILF said:

That sounds decent that mate.

I don’t know if clubs are giving grants but one thing I know 100% is that all clubs rely on support in the community and it sounds like them boys have the right idea.

Theres a simple truth in football and that is, built something good and people will come but you have to be very, very pro active.

If you build a good thing you will get:

Players wanting to play for you

People wanting to send their kids to your youth teams

People wanting to watch you

Business and sponsors wanting to be associated with you

But it means a hell of a lot of leg work, promoting yourself in the community (coaching in schools is a great example) and it will also mean you need more money.

In football if you ain’t going forward then you really are going backward.......it’s an absolute fact.

Good post that.....one of the major attractions to any potential investor of a football club is the property itself depending on the location of course....the relationship between club and local community is vital,then if the club can pull in the local council they are laughing you need to get everyone pulling in the same direction towards a club that local folk feel is " their own ".........the distance being created between pro clubs and fans is an open goal for non league clubs to exploit...and its worth its weight in gold in my opinion.

• Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Its never a good sign when 2 out of the 3 people who talked you into something then proceed to throw the towel in and f**k off to other clubs ?

Im barely dipping my toes in the water but its a business like no other your not really expecting to make money its almost like donating to a good cause,we used to sponsor a kids team back years ago,for the price of a kit we got our company name on the front of their shirts but they started wanting foreign tours and end of season trophies when they hadnt won f**k all ?

Investing in non league clubs is all about making the club sustainable and self sufficient....if a club is in a densely populated area without much local competition and a good tradition for the game then your likely to do ok but you are still literally just donating money to a good cause the finances are all based on the pro club model just much smaller scale of course....a lad brought through your academy for pennies sold for 75k is seen as a result until you realise the player power in the game from top to bottom means that lad already stands you in double that after 2 seasons of first team football !

The previous man was off your patch and a football lad to go with it mate.

I don’t know how much Dave and his pals are into football but they certainly have a nice business and a few quid round them.

Football and what it means to people is where having a lad like you on board comes into its own I suppose mate.

I have spoken to them a couple of times, very brief pass the time of day out of politeness type stuff, but they seemed nice people.

1 hour ago, WILF said:

The previous man was off your patch and a football lad to go with it mate.

I don’t know how much Dave and his pals are into football but they certainly have a nice business and a few quid round them.

Football and what it means to people is where having a lad like you on board comes into its own I suppose mate.

I have spoken to them a couple of times, very brief pass the time of day out of politeness type stuff, but they seemed nice people.

They are football people mate....and im not......so in terms of passion for the club and the direction it takes they are ideal.....theres another 14/15 of me we make no real difference to anything truth be told but there has to be people like us at every club at every level unless your Man City or Chelsea.

Whereas the previous chap although brilliant within his own field was trying to live out his own little dream but football isnt Hollywood.....its not even The Only Way is Essex :whistling:

He,s now doing the same with another local club you,ll be familiar with Wilf.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Whereas the previous chap although brilliant within his own field was trying to live out his own little dream but football isnt Hollywood.....its not even The Only Way is Essex :whistling:

He,s now doing the same with another local club you,ll be familiar with Wilf.

I think it’s easy for a first reaction to lads like that to be “oh for f**k sake” but actually the world needs colourful, fun, larger than life characters who just go off doing one mad idea after the other.

Im much too introverted and not nearly well off enough to be like that but lads like that make me smile.

Football especially, if it was down to the cold reality of bean counters then nobody would ever invest.....as you say, it’s more like a charitable donation than anything else but, it’s also the life blood of the game.

Without it mate, kids would be falling into all sorts or putting up with bad home situations but a fella putting a few quid in gives them the lifeline of football.

I think anyone putting anything in should remember that and feel good about themselves.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, WILF said:

I think it’s easy for a first reaction to lads like that to be “oh for f**k sake” but actually the world needs colourful, fun, larger than life characters who just go off doing one mad idea after the other.

Im much too introverted and not nearly well off enough to be like that but lads like that make me smile.

Football especially, if it was down to the cold reality of bean counters then nobody would ever invest.....as you say, it’s more like a charitable donation than anything else but, it’s also the life blood of the game.

Without it mate, kids would be falling into all sorts or putting up with bad home situations but a fella putting a few quid in gives them the lifeline of football.

I think anyone putting anything in should remember that and feel good about themselves.

The thing is though mate for some people ( real club fans ) its not a little play thing to stroke your ego and live out your fantasies with.....they had his number from day 1 and most was glad to see the back of him....dont get me wrong i like the geezer and it was a brave move he made,if somewhat naive.....and he left the club in a better state than he found it so fair do,s......ultimately it all comes back to the same thing though mate,colourful characters,iffy investors,egos......if you get results on the football pitch people we pretty much go with it at any level of the game but when that stops happening............

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

The thing is though mate for some people ( real club fans ) its not a little play thing to stroke your ego and live out your fantasies with.....they had his number from day 1 and most was glad to see the back of him....dont get me wrong i like the geezer and it was a brave move he made,if somewhat naive.....and he left the club in a better state than he found it so fair do,s......ultimately it all comes back to the same thing though mate,colourful characters,iffy investors,egos......if you get results on the football pitch people we pretty much go with it at any level of the game but when that stops happening............

Yeah, that’s a fair one that mate ;) Totally agree