Liverpool

10 hours ago, jukel123 said:

I  honestly don't know what the rules are now. One the one hand you don't get the assasins of old, ( Trevor Hurlock and co) but the new rules have  almost stooped football being a contact sport. I think ex pros should be offered careers in refereeing. They know instinctively when a tackle is legitimate or filthy. Perhaps they should have a say in devising the  rules  and reviewing the rules too. At the moment the guys making the rules have little or no background in the game.

Your Terry Hurlock,Vinny Jones,Norman Hunter types probably wouldnt get a look in today they just wasnt good enough footballers they,d be playing lower league football....i think its better today in terms of pure football if only they could find a way to cut out all the gamesmanship and silliness which lets be honest has been the only downside to importing players from countries with a culture of it.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

It’s f**k all new anyway, remember Rivaldo at the World Cup ? Lol ? ? 

I actually find the over amplified screams they all give out any time they brushed with a tackle the most cringe worthy.

Henderson did it against Flamengo the other night and it was shite to hear an English player do that.

What the f**k is all that about?

I actually played a game 2 years ago and a lad suffered an horrific leg break, I looked after him until the ambulance arrived and even he didn’t scream like that and his lower leg above the ankle was folded in half !

Maybe im being over cynical or just plain seeing things but im sure im starting to see players dangling a leg out in the air post tackle as though its one of those nasty compound fracture types.....almost like they are expecting their foot to fall off amongst the arm waving and face contorting.....its quite sickly to watch.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

Maybe im being over cynical or just plain seeing things but im sure im starting to see players dangling a leg out in the air post tackle as though its one of those nasty compound fracture types.....almost like they are expecting their foot to fall off amongst the arm waving and face contorting.....its quite sickly to watch.

It makes you want to run on the pitch and stamp on their legs to show them what proper pain feels like,i cannot cope myself with it and have just about stopped watching footy because of the mincing going on..

The only thing worth remembering is that watching football on the telly is like watching formula 1 on the telly......it’s all so much slower, in fact those tackles are at 90mph 

Lads are still taking hits, it’s just so many are complete fannies about it 

9 hours ago, WILF said:

The only thing worth remembering is that watching football on the telly is like watching formula 1 on the telly......it’s all so much slower, in fact those tackles are at 90mph 

Lads are still taking hits, it’s just so many are complete fannies about it 

You hated to let anyone know they hurt you, to roll.around screaming wouldve had you thrown out of the club!! Lol

I played with a lad, ver slight centre forward, he was quality.. and the best diver I ever played with...I believed it everytime...he must've won 5-8 penalties a year....no screaming just a perfect dive... I played with him on a Saturday and against him on Sundays...would tell our centre backs not to go near him in the box...he was so good at it!! Lol...

Real good mate of mine, but a cheating b*****d!! Lol

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

You hated to let anyone know they hurt you, to roll.around screaming wouldve had you thrown out of the club!! Lol

I played with a lad, ver slight centre forward, he was quality.. and the best diver I ever played with...I believed it everytime...he must've won 5-8 penalties a year....no screaming just a perfect dive... I played with him on a Saturday and against him on Sundays...would tell our centre backs not to go near him in the box...he was so good at it!! Lol...

Real good mate of mine, but a cheating b*****d!! Lol

I did it in an Essex Junior Cup semi final at Witham Town years ago mate, a young centre back trying to hustle and bustle me the whole game and I thought “lovely”......got a ball played into feet in the box and there he was all up my back and I simply turned into him and went over!......he learned a good lesson there that day. Lol 

I didn’t think of it as cheating, it was just experience.....I knew he was going to gift me a penalty from the moment we kicked off.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, WILF said:

I did it in an Essex Junior Cup semi final at Witham Town years ago mate, a young centre back trying to hustle and bustle me the whole game and I thought “lovely”......got a ball played into feet in the box and there he was all up my back and I simply turned into him and went over!......he learned a good lesson there that day. Lol 

I didn’t think of it as cheating, it was just experience.....I knew he was going to gift me a penalty from the moment we kicked off.

Some people can dive some people cant...

I'm firmly in the cant camp....I'd look a twat and feel a twat....I enjoyed lots of "spotsmanship".... but was shit at diving lol

• Like 1
Just now, NEWKID said:

Some people can dive some people cant...

I'm firmly in the cant camp....I'd look a twat and feel a twat....I enjoyed lots of "spotsmanship".... but was shit at diving lol

To be fair, it was a pen but it was just I tricked him into giving it away.

Like you, it was something I never went in for, didn’t really need to if I’m honest.

Like all players of our era I suspect you was like me mate, if you went down hurt then people knew you REALLY were hurt.

• Like 1

@NEWKID Here’s one for you mate, you can tell how the games changed by the shin pads you can buy now.....they are all total shite compared to what you used to get hold of.

It’s a real struggle to get decent ones now, was shopping for my boy the other day and it drove me nuts !

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

To be fair, it was a pen but it was just I tricked him into giving it away.

Like you, it was something I never went in for, didn’t really need to if I’m honest.

Like all players of our era I suspect you was like me mate, if you went down hurt then people knew you REALLY were hurt.

Mate you know what it was about...to be hurt by the bloke against you was as bad as losing Lol...

That old, down...up...run a bit...down...up....run a bit...the manager telling you to stay down.... "f**k off I'm fine"..... hop a bit....run a bit.... down....lol...

I done my hamstring playing in the game before an FA vase game against Plymouth Argyle.....I was convinced I could run it off...I was 21 and f***ing stupid!! Lol...

Watched the Plymouth game, pissed right off...we lost 2-1....I was convinced I could've made a difference....maybe 3-1... lol

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

@NEWKID Here’s one for you mate, you can tell how the games changed by the shin pads you can buy now.....they are all total shite compared to what you used to get hold of.

It’s a real struggle to get decent ones now, was shopping for my boy the other day and it drove me nuts !

I trained with an old boy years ago, he was late 60s... maybe 70.... one of the dirtiest b*****ds I've played against.... would turn up for a run out in training and was a bit of a club hero I suppose.... he wore carpet for pads in traing under his socks... and said he still had whale bone shin pads.. (never saw them, but no reading to disbelieve him)... 

2 touch football...first touch mis control...2nd touch kick some youngster in the air..lol...

I liked him....proper character..

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Mate you know what it was about...to be hurt by the bloke against you was as bad as losing Lol...

That old, down...up...run a bit...down...up....run a bit...the manager telling you to stay down.... "f**k off I'm fine"..... hop a bit....run a bit.... down....lol...

I done my hamstring playing in the game before an FA vase game against Plymouth Argyle.....I was convinced I could run it off...I was 21 and f***ing stupid!! Lol...

Watched the Plymouth game, pissed right off...we lost 2-1....I was convinced I could've made a difference....maybe 3-1... lol

Having to grow 2 new big toe nails every summer ! Lol 

You know the score mate ! Lol ? 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I trained with an old boy years ago, he was late 60s... maybe 70.... one of the dirtiest b*****ds I've played against.... would turn up for a run out in training and was a bit of a club hero I suppose.... he wore carpet for pads in traing under his socks... and said he still had whale bone shin pads.. (never saw them, but no reading to disbelieve him)... 

2 touch football...first touch mis control...2nd touch kick some youngster in the air..lol...

I liked him....proper character..

I only played for this club fir a season, it was Lympstone, we played at the marine camp...mainly marines and a few civies...I'm sure he was an old marine...I was only 18 or 19... the bloke was fit as f**k...I just laughed thinking about him to be honest...

You mentioning shin pads reminded me of him...lol

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1