Liverpool

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

1 hour ago, blackmaggie said:

i saw salahs goal per game today thats some record better than saurez and torres at liverpool what a bargain hes turned out to be klopp does have a good eye for bargain buys 

Aye that vvd was a steal 

anyway, the addition of him has won them the league so worth every penny 

• Like 1
On 14/12/2019 at 17:48, maxhardcore said:

Fook Methven ' him and Donald are no one to be telling safc Support about Our club on any level.

Thats why he's gone.

Donald won't be far behind him.

have you forgotten what methven did for you before he was hounded out thats shocking max and i dont see anyone rushing to take donalds place do you 

47 minutes ago, blackmaggie said:

ancelotti could be evertons next manager would be a good signing if it comes of i hope he keeps big dunc as just watching his reaction to the two games hes been in charge it just shows how much the club means to him and how the fans react to him 

The romantic in me hopes Furguson has the tools in his coaching box to match his passion......that’s a bit of me that is, I love all that shit.

And maybe for teams like mine and the Everton’s of this world thats enough.

Paulo has the same but it didn’t translate well into management with players who regarded themselves as in the upper echelons on the game.

With young players in the modern game, I’d say it’s almost impossible to be the same kind of coach as you were a player if you were that demanding warrior type.

You have to be so much more thoughtful about everything.

Keano seems to be another casualty of the syndrome

• Like 2
On 14/12/2019 at 14:09, WILF said:

Because apparently we were poor and could not keep the great players we produced or attract/afford anything better than end of career or 1st division players and journeymen managers brought in to “try” and keep us out of trouble.

It should have meant putting an end to those excuses.

I never wanted to be a “big” club, I wanted to be a club that did itself justice and didn’t just take the piss out of itself all the time.

Ill ask you a question mate, do you think our footballing history from academy to World Cup only warrants being treated like f**k all in favour of being able to walk past Queens Market and have a bit of pie and mash ?.........don’t you think we should be trying to live up to that footballing pedigree ? 

But i dont know anybody who used them things as " excuses "......most of our fans knew exactly who we were and what we were about i never really expected young men destined to play at the highest level of world football to stay at West Ham all their careers....did you ?

Wilf you keep talking about our academy as though you are proud of it......so if you was proud of it why did you want to move and make our club " more attractive to the top players around the world " ?

Or what....did you think that we could become this new brand attracting the worlds great players....and then still bring through our little boys !!!......mate,part of the reason i didnt want to move was because i took pride in the amount of young footballing talent this area produced,and i knew that would all stop as soon as we moved......and i remind you,our youths won the cup in the last season at Upton Park yet only Declan Rice from that entire squad has made even 1 first team appearance.

Forget our academy and footballing pedigree you wanted to become a big brand that would be attractive to players from around the world.

• Like 1
On 14/12/2019 at 14:49, blackmaggie said:

thats the nail on the head wilf  i prefer non league  the fancy stadiums and packages coming along kind of took something from the game for me when it really become a massive business for big money men before it seemed like local lads made good that took over your club i think roy keane hit the nail on the head years ago the prawn sandwich brigade taking over but that said theres some serious money being ploughed in to some non league clubs now 

I honestly think non league football is on the up and up....the quality of the pitches,facilities and talent on the pitch i dont think has been this good certainly in my time ...i watch football as low down as the 6th and 7th tiers of the football league system and no longer do you get the drunken fat bloke trying to wade through mud up and down the wing we moan about how the game has gone at the top level but this is the knock on effect of that.

• Like 1
On 14/12/2019 at 15:05, WILF said:

Mate, it was obvious years back that when you accepted all seater stadiums then it was going to go that way.

I stopped worrying about going down the Hammers when they made it all seater......it completely ruined my football day out, people talk about the atmosphere at the new ground being shit,  to me it diminished  when they put in the seats.

It was f***ing terrible compared to standing with your pals and thousands of others.

After that it was the odd game when I felt like it and obviously when my boy came along I had to take him and from a dads point of view it’s nice when you have little kids.......and that is really what they want it to be.

They don’t want a group of lads running out the queens at five to three, telling everyone to f**k off out the way in the their rush to get into ground for kick off and then the whole tribal thing of standing in a big crowd of your own hyped up to f**k........they don’t want that in top flight football at all.

Old football lads don’t belong in the modern top flight game and grounds, I’d watch football anywhere from the park on Sunday to a premier league ground because I just like football but I accept what each thing is.

Thats more a society thing though Wilf......football is the most popular sport in the world making it the perfect tool to advertise a manufactured society....as we constantly see regarding all the anti racist anti semetic anti homophobia dont call anyone anything dont speak just nod carry on !

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

But i dont know anybody who used them things as " excuses "......most of our fans knew exactly who we were and what we were about i never really expected young men destined to play at the highest level of world football to stay at West Ham all their careers....did you ?

Wilf you keep talking about our academy as though you are proud of it......so if you was proud of it why did you want to move and make our club " more attractive to the top players around the world " ?

Or what....did you think that we could become this new brand attracting the worlds great players....and then still bring through our little boys !!!......mate,part of the reason i didnt want to move was because i took pride in the amount of young footballing talent this area produced,and i knew that would all stop as soon as we moved......and i remind you,our youths won the cup in the last season at Upton Park yet only Declan Rice from that entire squad has made even 1 first team appearance.

Forget our academy and footballing pedigree you wanted to become a big brand that would be attractive to players from around the world.

Here’s a genuine questions mate, if in some reality the owners said we are going to buy a little old ground somewhere and drop down to 2nd or 3rd tier football do you think that would sit better with some fans?

I know personally it wouldn’t bother me at all.

Because (and here’s my point really) if you ain’t trying to reach the pinnicle and all that’s go’s with it in the top division of the top league then you may as well be the other bloke and not bother.

Less exes, happier fans, none of the jewellery that go’s with being a premier league club.

Just a few thousand lads turning up to watch their team and enjoy their football.

Now, you will say that’s what we had and I agree but the fact is after a while it won’t be much fun turning up to be humiliated every week by teams that are progressing and do have the right attitude to football, more than the cannon fodder mentality.

I watched City sweep us aside 2 seasons ago, they never even broke a sweat, changed the whole team at half time in fact and just carried on....never missed a beat.

Id rather a hard fought 1-1 in non league than suffer that, it’s just embarrassing.

Here’s one for the football lads on here, see if you agree.

I think for a long time we went through the “just stay alive” mentality in the premier league.

I don’t think that’s the case anymore.

I think that shit died with Ranieris Leicester team and Guardiolas and Klopps attitude of wanting to win absolutely everything, never taking their foot off the pedal.

I think Rodgers has captured it too as could be plainly seen in the 8-0 or whatever it was demolition of Southampton (I think it was Southampton)...they wanted more, they wanted to destroy their opponents which is exactly the right attitude.

You are seeing so many teams come out fighting now it’s unbelievable....they don’t want to just stay alive, they actually want to win this thing.

I think that is a massive change we ha e seen in the premier league.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, WILF said:

Here’s a genuine questions mate, if in some reality the owners said we are going to buy a little old ground somewhere and drop down to 2nd or 3rd tier football do you think that would sit better with some fans?

I know personally it wouldn’t bother me at all.

Because (and here’s my point really) if you ain’t trying to reach the pinnicle and all that’s go’s with it in the top division of the top league then you may as well be the other bloke and not bother.

Less exes, happier fans, none of the jewellery that go’s with being a premier league club.

Just a few thousand lads turning up to watch their team and enjoy their football.

Now, you will say that’s what we had and I agree but the fact is after a while it won’t be much fun turning up to be humiliated every week by teams that are progressing and do have the right attitude to football, more than the cannon fodder mentality.

I watched City sweep us aside 2 seasons ago, they never even broke a sweat, changed the whole team at half time in fact and just carried on....never missed a beat.

Id rather a hard fought 1-1 in non league than suffer that, it’s just embarrassing.

Why dont you just admit it Wilf you are a glory hunter ?..........no that wouldnt sit well with me.....look i say again...i liked my football club,i liked who we was and what we represented....i wasnt asking for anything we didnt already have and the reason for that is i have seen clubs change over the years ( your Chelseas and Citys ) and i genuinely dont understand how fans can take any pride from those clubs or those communities whatsoever......im a local lad Wilf i want to do well for the area and the club badge not for a bank balance or to say " we,re now a big club "....f**k all that.

In our own little way we was trying to reach the pinnacle but theres 71 other clubs who all want to do the same we dont have any more entitlement than them if we dont win football matches.....unless of course you want to sell yourself out to get it....and i didnt want to.

You say its not much fun turning up to watch us get humiliated  ( well whats new ) by clubs progressing with the right attitude and you use Man City as an example..............well there you go !!!.......admit it man,you want an oil tycoon and i dont ?....when you strip this argument bare whether its with you or any of the other lads who wanted away it really boils down to the simple fact that you saw Man City/Chelsea and thought " yeah thats a bit of me i fancy that ".....and i thought " f**k that how embarrassing "

You either want a brand and a big club....or you want all the old traditions and history we came from.......you cant have both.

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Why dont you just admit it Wilf you are a glory hunter ?..........no that wouldnt sit well with me.....look i say again...i liked my football club,i liked who we was and what we represented....i wasnt asking for anything we didnt already have and the reason for that is i have seen clubs change over the years ( your Chelseas and Citys ) and i genuinely dont understand how fans can take any pride from those clubs or those communities whatsoever......im a local lad Wilf i want to do well for the area and the club badge not for a bank balance or to say " we,re now a big club "....f**k all that.

In our own little way we was trying to reach the pinnacle but theres 71 other clubs who all want to do the same we dont have any more entitlement than them if we dont win football matches.....unless of course you want to sell yourself out to get it....and i didnt want to.

You say its not much fun turning up to watch us get humiliated  ( well whats new ) by clubs progressing with the right attitude and you use Man City as an example..............well there you go !!!.......admit it man,you want an oil tycoon and i dont ?....when you strip this argument bare whether its with you or any of the other lads who wanted away it really boils down to the simple fact that you saw Man City/Chelsea and thought " yeah thats a bit of me i fancy that ".....and i thought " f**k that how embarrassing "

You either want a brand and a big club....or you want all the old traditions and history we came from.......you cant have both.

? ? You can f**k right off you wind up merchant ? 

Anyway, must dash.....I’m off to buy a city and a Liverpool shirt....just in case you understand ! Lol ? 

• Haha 1