Depression

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

like keith,[iworkwhippets]. i lost my wife thirteen months back.the bestest friend i ever had..it dont get easier. depression in my world can floor me.but i keep busy,even planning what to do the  nex

you must be reading my mind matey, one day last week, my doctor came out to see me, asked how I felt and my thoughts, she asked so I told, suicidal were my thoughts, until a certain person from duggie

Stoney, there is NO GETTING OVER IT. You just need to learn to live with it, and deal with it as best you can. I've suffered from it, and anxiety, since nov 28/19 99, after a really bad accident,

Posted Images

it makes people not only feel down.it does totally change people even the way they think and act..and has a massive effect on the people around them..terrible thing depresion..

and a nervous breakdown is horrible to witness..

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

True I always find if im feeling down a good walk with the dogs helps never needed any pills tbh

i would suggest to avoid pill's if it's possible.but some people do need medication..

and i 100% agree getting out with the dog's help's to clear the mind..

The most important thing to avoid if you are feeling down is booze !........that shit don’t do anyone any favours.

Suicide is a massive problem at the minute........I have to say, I can see why.

• Like 5

I think depression is one of those things that you can only understand if you experience it...thankfully I haven't  hence why it baffles me, I'm rubbish around depressed people I lack empathy for them and I cant pretend I do,I just don't get it ....cheer up ya miserable cnut!

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

As others have said. Avoid drink get plenty exercise 

100% agree about exercise. The feel good effect after a good weights session or hard run is massively underrated 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, kanny said:

I think depression is one of those things that you can only understand if you experience it...thankfully I haven't  hence why it baffles me, I'm rubbish around depressed people I lack empathy for them and I cant pretend I do,I just don't get it ....cheer up ya miserable cnut!

thank feck you dont work for the samaritans kanny..

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, dytkos said:

My Mrs has depression. What do you expect?

Cheers, D.

So does my wife dytkos. It's hard watching her going through the rough days, along with anxiety as well.

She lost all motivation, withdrew into herself and wouldn't interact with anyone.  

Atb j 

7 minutes ago, jetro said:

So does my wife dytkos. It's hard watching her going through the rough days, along with anxiety as well.

She lost all motivation, withdrew into herself and wouldn't interact with anyone.  

Atb j 

im right there with you jetro.you aint alone.neither are you dytkos..

my wife is 6yrs into a nervous breakdown.

mental health is unseen.

If I hear the words depression, anxiety or mental health from someone within an hour of meeting them I know I wont be around that person for long.....I was seeing a girl from another town a few months back and it was all going steady till one day she rang me saying she was having a panic attack and could I go round.....I did and when I got there she sat me down, said “there’s something you should know” and I’m thinking she’s pregnant but she started to tell me about how she “suffers” with anxiety and all that......honestly I just had to get away from her so made an excuse to go to my van, drove off and never answered her calls or texts again which I know is harsh but I’m not a qualified mental health nurse and I have enough stuff going on in my own life without the need to get involved with someone like that as they will only bring you down with them eventually!

We all get depressed.....it’s a natural human emotion that is inside us all and there is no denying it.....there’s times when I was drinking when id had enough or life, felt like it could get no worse and couldn’t see a way out if it but I knew deep down that wasn’t me and the only person who could change it was myself. 

Like we have to calm ourselves down in many situations sometimes we have to pick ourselves up.......if someone was flying round at 90mph we would tell them to calm down and it would be seen as good advice but you tell someone who is down to cheer the f**k up and your a c**t nowadays.

Just remember there’s always someone worse off and there’s someone out there dying this very minute who would of done anything to swap places with you.

Edited by Stoney100
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

If I hear the words depression, anxiety or mental health from someone within an hour of meeting them I know I wont be around that person for long.....I was seeing a girl from another town a few months back and it was all going steady till one day she rang me saying she was having a panic attack and could I go round.....I did and when I got there she sat me down, said “there’s something you should know” and I’m thinking she’s pregnant but she started to tell me about how she “suffers” with anxiety and all that......honestly I just had to get away from her so made an excuse to go to my van, drove off and never answered her calls or texts again which I know is harsh but I’m not a qualified mental health nurse and I have enough stuff going on in my own life without the need to get involved with someone like that as they will only bring you down with them eventually!

We all get depressed.....it’s a natural human emotion that is inside us all and there is no denying it.....there’s times when I was drinking when id had enough or life, felt like it could get no worse and couldn’t see a way out if it but I knew deep down that wasn’t me and the only person who could change it was myself. 

Like we have to calm ourselves down in many situations sometimes we have to pick ourselves up.......if someone was flying round at 90mph we would tell them to calm down and it would be seen as good advice but you tell someone who is down to cheer the f**k up and your a c**t nowadays.

Just remember there’s always someone worse off and someone out dying this very minute would of done anything to swap places with you.

you aint got a fecking clue........

• Like 9
Just now, king said:

you aint got a fecking clue........

Oh here we go lol 

always someone who knows more about it than everyone else :rolleyes:

I’ll stand by what I say tbh.....life’s to short to be around them type of people and they only take them with you not the other way ?

• Thanks 1