Depression

7 minutes ago, sid g said:

if thats your opinion then you stand by it ... i`ve had family and friends suffer with it and i`d like to think me being there for them helped ;; a mate of mines suffered for years with it and i`d never turn my back on him it makes me smile when he smiles makes me laugh when he laughs .. times when i`ve had to go round and coax him out of bed make sure he gets a shower and a shave on the days/weeks he`s let himself go , be a shoulder for him to cry on and give if a hug when he needs it , i speak to him everyday and see him as many times as needs  depression or not he`s my mate and always will be ... now if thats what you call some c**t dragging you down then your a million miles away -- 

Don't agree with alot of your posts sid, but, you are a good man ?

• Like 1

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

like keith,[iworkwhippets]. i lost my wife thirteen months back.the bestest friend i ever had..it dont get easier. depression in my world can floor me.but i keep busy,even planning what to do the  nex

you must be reading my mind matey, one day last week, my doctor came out to see me, asked how I felt and my thoughts, she asked so I told, suicidal were my thoughts, until a certain person from duggie

Stoney, there is NO GETTING OVER IT. You just need to learn to live with it, and deal with it as best you can. I've suffered from it, and anxiety, since nov 28/19 99, after a really bad accident,

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, sid g said:

if thats your opinion then you stand by it ... i`ve had family and friends suffer with it and i`d like to think me being there for them helped ;; a mate of mines suffered for years with it and i`d never turn my back on him it makes me smile when he smiles makes me laugh when he laughs .. times when i`ve had to go round and coax him out of bed make sure he gets a shower and a shave on the days/weeks he`s let himself go , be a shoulder for him to cry on and give if a hug when he needs it , i speak to him everyday and see him as many times as needs  depression or not he`s my mate and always will be ... now if thats what you call some c**t dragging you down then your a million miles away -- 

Fair play sid. Your mate is very lucky to have you as a mate...

• Like 2
Just now, sid g said:

would you have him in your life or walk away from him ...? 

I have friends in the same boat and I do what I can to help them but I will always put my own state of mind before others like others did with me when I was drinking every day and in a mess myself ?

• Like 1
Just now, Stoney100 said:

No that’s not dragging you down as your choosing to help him.......good on you, hopefully you get him over it ?

Stoney, there is NO GETTING OVER IT. You just need to learn to live with it, and deal with it as best you can.

I've suffered from it, and anxiety, since nov 28/19 99, after a really bad accident, in which I suffered a brain injury, along with a few breakages etc. Forgot how to read and write, couldn't even tie my own shoe laces. Nightmares for 2 1/2 years, several spells in 3 different organisations/hospitals etc. And only after 9 years could I find the strength, with help, and go to college, relearn to read, write and grasp basic arithmatic again.

Writing this now, I am already getting, let's say 'a tad emotional'.

Oh  yeah  still on anti depressants and sleeping tablets for the rest of my life.

And to every person that thinks it's a 'made up' illness, or the 'ffs cheer up' merchants, I REALLY wish you could walk in my shoes just for ONE month ?

• Like 12
1 minute ago, sid g said:

:thumbs: i think you need people round you to fight your demons  //

Not at all......admittedly it does help to talk about these things, ultimately it was all down to myself to sort it out......same as everything in life ?

6 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Stoney, there is NO GETTING OVER IT. You just need to learn to live with it, and deal with it as best you can.

I've suffered from it, and anxiety, since nov 28/19 99, after a really bad accident, in which I suffered a brain injury, along with a few breakages etc. Forgot how to read and write, couldn't even tie my own shoe laces. Nightmares for 2 1/2 years, several spells in 3 different organisations/hospitals etc. And only after 9 years could I find the strength, with help, and go to college, relearn to read, write and grasp basic arithmatic again.

Oh  yeah  still on anti depressants and sleeping tablets for the rest of my life.

And to every person that thinks it's a 'made up' illness, or the 'ffs cheer up' merchants, I REALLY wish you could walk in my shoes just for ONE month ?

Sorry to hear that mate but it does kind of prove the point i mean.......in your head there’s nothing anyone can do to help right? So what’s the point of people trying to help you if that’s truly the way you feel about it? 

Only you can change it and I hope you do ?

It sure is a tricky ol' subject - I think most of us nowadays have seen it or experienced it to some degree.

......... honestly,  I don't even think that the medical profession give mental illness the recognition it deserves for how complex it is - a GP will throw happy pills at it and, because everyone is wired up slightly differently,  a psychiatrist can only go with trial and error and best guess until they find what works for that individual. 

That is of course, once someone has finally realised that something is wrong and they do need help.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Feck shark you had some bang  there mate.

Good to hear you made some great gains...fair play...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, dave88 said:

Anyone who would walk away from someone they supposedly care about when they need them the most...purely because they dont know what to do is a c**t in my book ? 

Here’s the thing, in extreme or tricky situations......nobody knows what to do, we are all just making it up as we go along.

However, I’d like to think a proper chap wipes his mouth, puffs out his chest and deals with it in the kindest, most sensible way.

Helping someone who is in a dark place and who you have the ability or responsibility to help isn’t even a choice really in my book......but, everyone is different.

• Like 4

Some really silly posts on such a serious subject i dont know why people need to have an opinion on things they simply dont understand.....im certainly no expert on the subject and have thankfully never suffered with it,but a very good friend of mine from childhood has suffered with it on and off all his life....his worst bout of it was about 15 years ago and for a whole 2 year period i would go round and he would just be sitting in a chair barely able to look up and acknowledge me,this was a proper life and soul of the party type of lad it really upset me that i just couldnt do anything for him so decided to educate myself on the subject.....medication and healthy living plays a big part in his life he still has occasional bad spells but we know how to deal with them now..... for the people talking about depression like its a back ache or being down in the dumps do what i did and educate yourself its an illness you cant just go in there with the " liven yourself up " attitude.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, WILF said:

Here’s the thing, in extreme or tricky situations......nobody knows what to do, we are all just making it up as we go along.

However, I’d like to think a proper chap wipes his mouth, puffs out his chest and deals with it in the kindest, most sensible way.

Helping someone who is in a dark place and who you have the ability or responsibility to help isn’t even a choice really in my book......but, everyone is different.

This is true......but you can avoid these situations as much as possible and that doesn’t make me a bad person or different for choosing to not get involved. Getting forced into is an entirely different thing and you can’t compare the two.

• Like 1