New Pup saluki x

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pup finally come good!

Cheers guys new vet diagnosed him with sarcoptic  mange which surprised me. But his hair growing back as fast as it disappeared!

If there are no signs of mange mites, burrowing under the skin, causing bleeds and pustules, etc,...there is no point in trying to eradicate a parasite that is not on the host... It is best to co

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, matty said:

Raw, Chicken and beef mince with bone and a bit of oily fish.

Get some tripe down him for a few weeks mate, does wonders for their coats after they've had skin problems ?.

And I aint getting into a debate with ANYONE concerning the merits of feeding tripe, or not, on a regular basis. It's great for dogs' coats, FACT lol ?

• Like 6

If its demedevtoc the shock ta the system of being rejomed  diet etc can trigger it if its sat optic mange that's different easier ta deal with hibiscrub. Will get on top off the first signs of both but demedctic a fecki g nightmare every time the welps omune system  comparamised it returns I've seen bull xes with demedctic terrible  weekly jabs of ivo. Ec  atjo g etc and got on top of it but this mange his a test of wills its AllwYs there waiti g ta come back with a vengeance it's acquired from the bitch when nursi g the welps. Atb bill

• Like 3
3 hours ago, billhardy said:

If its demedevtoc the shock ta the system of being rejomed  diet etc can trigger it if its sat optic mange that's different easier ta deal with hibiscrub. Will get on top off the first signs of both but demedctic a fecki g nightmare every time the welps omune system  comparamised it returns I've seen bull xes with demedctic terrible  weekly jabs of ivo. Ec  atjo g etc and got on top of it but this mange his a test of wills its AllwYs there waiti g ta come back with a vengeance it's acquired from the bitch when nursi g the welps. Atb bill

My brother took on a terrier pup he felt sorry for when working at a house, owner said he didn’t want it anymore (10 weeks old ) anyway the poor thing was covered in mange and no doubt it was stress that brought it on, ivermectin was the only thing that would keep it at bay until even that stopped working. Terrier was put to sleep at 3 year old as he couldn’t watch the poor things skin turn to one massive scab then crack and bleed. A fcuking horrible condition that is very hard to get rid off. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, shaaark said:

Get some tripe down him for a few weeks mate, does wonders for their coats after they've had skin problems ?.

And I aint getting into a debate with ANYONE concerning the merits of feeding tripe, or not, on a regular basis. It's great for dogs' coats, FACT lol ?

Back ya on the tripe mate good gear my pup gets tripe as part of her mixed diet most days my pups growing like a weed on the stuff I can’t recommend tripe enough if your raw feeding lovely stuff 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, poxon said:

Back ya on the tripe mate good gear my pup gets tripe as part of her mixed diet most days my pups growing like a weed on the stuff I can’t recommend tripe enough if your raw feeding lovely stuff 

I've been pumping it into my Wheaton bitch from day 1 along with oily fish,sprats,fresh herrings,salmon heads and oil,sprinkle of that Damascus earth powder......all my dogs terrier or lurcher look real good on it,nice thick workman like and weather proof coats?

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, poxon said:

2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I've been pumping it into my Wheaton bitch from day 1 along with oily fish,sprats,fresh herrings,salmon heads and oil,sprinkle of that Damascus earth powder......all my dogs terrier or lurcher look real good on it,nice thick workman like and weather proof coats?

Got to be honest, I've never seen dogs AND pups look anything other than really good on it. Not saying as the 'sole' part of the diet, but plenty of it regularly. Our two now go through quite a bit of it each week. Along with a fair amount of chicken wings, the odd bit of carcass, spratts etc. But it doesn't cost us much. One weighs 14lb, the other 4 1/2lb ??

• Like 2

picked a lakeland pup up yrs ago and had similar problems,the change to a tidy diet and a good worming/front line sorted her out...hope your pup comes right for you pal .....remember watching the poor thing take a shit and it was moving coming out of its arse, it was that full of worms?

• Like 1
20 hours ago, shaaark said:

About forty years ago i gave my mum a fox cub that the terrier brought out of an earth and put into my hand. I couldn't weigh up why it hadn't killed it as it usually did, anyway i decided it had to live and took it home. I t hadn't opened it's eyes and my mum fed it on a bottle. After it weaned "Freddie" was fed on a diet of beef only. At about twelve months old she came home from work and found he couldn't use his back legs so took him to the vet's. After examining  him he said it was a mineral and vitamin deficiency due to diet. He asked what she fed the dogs on and when she said tripe he told her to put the fox on that too. He gave him an injection and he was back on his feet in hours. She fed him a diet of tripe thereafter and he was always in good health with a shiny coat.

• Like 1

like been said dermodectic mange all dogs have  the mite conditions normally plays part

but some dogs immune system a shite to it i have a black and tan bitch now all its life has little outbreaks advocate works a treat but as it getting older its skin getting worse black and tan more suseptable 

you can have 12 pups together until there 12 month and only one will ever break out in it best cull that dog

or if conditionss there in a bad more than one will have it atb

• Like 1

Add a tea seaweed powder to the diet daily it’s cheap as chips from any farm shop or online very beneficial if the immune system is low it’s full of beneficial minerals an amino acids often over looked in the dog game google it have a read up on it I got told about it years ago by someone who bred sharpies think that’s how you spell it they were telling me as a breed they often have itchy skin and bad fur hair loss they had been battling with problems for a while back an forth to the vets trying different things they told me it was a cattle farmer that suggested seaweed powder added to the diet would sort it. 

• Like 1