Bedlington x Greyhound

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I prefer to see things, with my own eyes,...and then, come to a conclusion...I believe it is always the fairest way..?.

Good sensible comments lads... I know for a fact, that certain coursing Studs can command a high price for their services, and any resulting pups will not be sold cheap. Obviously, when a br

Aggression is often confused with gameness imo. I've seen plenty of gassy aggressive dogs' arse fall out when things get real.  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Elchapo said:

Was a topic on here about it , lad from Scotland ended up gifting young lad a pup and think even got it sent down for him 

Boy came up.to.my house with his dad got there breackfast  took.him.up.to.old bob for a pup jagged for him there was another lad wjo.lost one from the same litter with parvo. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, nothernlite said:

Boy came up.to.my house with his dad got there breackfast  took.him.up.to.old bob for a pup jagged for him there was another lad wjo.lost one from the same litter with parvo. 

New it was something along them lines mate , fair play on your part ??

4 minutes ago, fred90 said:

you can only take as you find. another Staffordshire man George Kelly was called from a pig to a dog and more besides. I bought a little beddywhippet pup from him and she was a cracker. 

All those beddy whipps of George's  I seen were little belters some not so little  calling folk when had a bad un his at times bad luck always best t t y another case ta drawled a short straw o ly then can one f I've a better opinion o. The stock bring produced atb bill

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Marvel said:

was he from channock chase budgie and did he not have parvo through his kennel, I think there was a bit of bad press on this site about him, he had two droopys maldinie greyhound bitches he bred out of, I remember someone saying they weren't up to much, if anybody can add to that or correct me that would be great, cheers

some excellent first x beddy/greys have come out of cannock way and I have one myself , but they  defo defo did not come out of neil bacon of burntwood puppy farm ? and his stud was a very poor example of a Bedlington as it was big and had the chest of a bull terrier and i  very much doubt It  came out of georges stock ?

• Like 2

Bill this is the first time I have ever seen information about where the rillington bedlingtons went.

Neil Beacon was from Chasetown and he did have an issue with parvo a lad near me was one of the unfortunate ones.

There was a lot of talk about the working ability of the pups Neil Bred and that they were poor quality.

My mate has one and I have been out for seasons with this dog and it has been an excellent rabbiting dog.

We ferreted a large bank of heather on a grouse moor one day which you couldn't net and we just followed the dog ferreting everything he marked he took 35 rabbits that day.

There was talk about them being num headed but my mates dog was highly biddable but he is an excellent dog trainer and always gets a lot out of his dogs.

In respect to Neil I take people as I find them and he was a nice fellow and the litter of pups I saw when my mate got his was an excellent litter well reared and a credit to him.

My current first cross was bred from  a Granitor Joker Bred Bedlington with a pedigree going back generations but the dog was a pet. Workers were in the pedigree.

The litter has produced good honest workers.

1 went to a professional rabbit controller in Scotland and it was reported he was delighted with the dog.

A second went to a lad in the north east and his was taking everything with it.

My dog is coming up 5 now with 3 full seasons on him. He has been an excellent rabbiting dog.

He is 22 inch to the shoulder and 19 1/2 kg in weight.

20190915_161527.jpg

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Loton Moocher said:

some excellent first x beddy/greys have come out of cannock way and I have one myself , but they  defo defo did not come out of neil bacon of burntwood puppy farm ? and his stud was a very poor example of a Bedlington as it was big and had the chest of a bull terrier and i  very much doubt It  came out of georges stock ?

Neil at one time twenty five yrs ago had beddy whippets from George bred them on producing little coney catchers. Atb bill