Pre Season

Dogs have been getting trotted about 25 mile a week for the last month or so getting them tightened up ready for the season, just waiting for the ground to get softened up a bit now and its full steam ahead.

What do you do to get your athletes ready to go for the season?

IMGP1404.JPG

IMGP1385.JPG

Edited by joe ox
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dogs have been getting trotted about 25 mile a week for the last month or so getting them tightened up ready for the season, just waiting for the ground to get softened up a bit now and its full steam

We are ready. 

Yes I have to admit it gives me ‘an enormous sense of well being” driving up to Dartmoor at first light walking round watching rabbits disappear time and time again  ,driving back and feeding the dog

Posted Images

Road walking, free running in grass fields but still takes a month or so of work once the season strarts to get running fit.They haven’t done much lying on there beds this summer as wanted the pup out and about so out every day sometimes twice for a walk early morning or late evening and there just getting into shape now. Couldn’t be happier with the pup so far but it’s early doors5A67C01A-1C7B-45AD-B82B-941FA4B202DA.jpeg.d449a6b3fb7e4bf4b6a9f3800a6c9d33.jpeg

BE479E0E-7981-4EE1-B4F6-5B75A0B7F7A0.jpeg

• Like 4
2 hours ago, joe ox said:

Dogs have been getting trotted about 25 mile a week for the last month or so getting them tightened up ready for the season, just waiting for the ground to get softened up a bit now and its full steam ahead.

What do you do to get your athletes ready to go for the season?

IMGP1404.JPG

IMGP1385.JPG

Tip top mate good luck..

• Like 1

Keep mine ticking over through the summer long walks with free running along the river so he can Go in when he wants but I'll I've started taking him out running next to the bike now roughly 5miles few times a week and chuck a tennis ball other days for him seems to work for him but I'm not out every night normally 2/3 times a week in season depending on work but first couple of weeks just let him have a few good runs see how he's looking and up it from there on 

• Like 2