Has anyone seen a homebred dog better a big name coursing dog?

5 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Do you recon, I would agree with the amount of game and maybe it’s reflective of were  we grew up, but every man child and woman had working dogs on the estate I grew up on and most did work them to some degree, The only runners I see round today are not even allowed off the lead and if they do get a slip they just keep going never to be seen again ??

Lol. I don't know, you might be right about your particular estate. But where I'm from, say 45 years ago, I wouldn't think there'd be more than a dozen lurchers within a 5 mile radius from my particular village. 

• Like 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

that's where it all began, so in a way that's a step or two backwards where coursing dogs are concerned, however I don't see that as a bad thing at all, this dog produced some top class dogs in the si

big name dogs, usualy have owners who want to be famous, any purpose bred coursing dog will carry big name blood, and if said dog can catch 3, 4, or even 5 hares it can win a match , against any one.

Guaranteed 3out3 daytime bitch done a few 5s some 7s deerhoundgreyxbedxgrey 27 inch rhfd homebreed 1980   

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Big Ron said:

I heard you were once very angry ?

I found you more of a thinking man before you wrote .?

You have me mistaken with someone else, no matter what I have always been calm cool and collected ?

• Haha 1

In the early 90's a mate of mine had a bitch bred out of an imported Saluki bitch to a big mean collie blooded lurcher. Though we just terrorised the local hares on Altcar esate and surrounding areas a few times a week, her killing abilities were well enough known that the lads we knew, who ran the fens for money, were offering big money for her. Then knowing that she would never be for sale, were making offers to him to take her down there and compete.

My mate never did, he loved that bitch and never wanted to see her in any different light than as his hunting pal...

Time does make average dogs look better but i can honestly say she was the best dog i've ever seen behind a hare.

I've got a no name dog here that would of and did put any name money dog to shame. Thing is I was on the Nash and didn't have na cash to match, I would say I've the best single handed dog in the county or did have he's to old now, but there's stuff out him,  the no name line will go on, happy hunting

DSC_0238.JPG

• Like 1
11 hours ago, bobza said:

I've got a no name dog here that would of and did put any name money dog to shame. Thing is I was on the Nash and didn't have na cash to match, I would say I've the best single handed dog in the county or did have he's to old now, but there's stuff out him,  the no name line will go on, happy hunting

DSC_0238.JPG

Na mate I had the best dog ever lived.

100% true story. Ask anyone that never saw him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Names come from those who want a name .

plenty of good hare jooks around owned by folk who would rather stay quiet about it ,my family always had good pot fillers and if any one asked if the dog was a good one the answer was always "couldn't catch a cold "I sell her to ya if you won't " and no more was said .

• Like 2