Has anyone seen a homebred dog better a big name coursing dog?

Some men were never in to matching but loved to run Hares. I'm sure the well known coursing men and thier dogs have that name because they were good at their chosen task. There's no smoke without fire and competitions usually have the best of the best. My question is as anyone seen a hare dog off an unknown breeder out perform a top dog, be it for a little wager or just for the sport? 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

that's where it all began, so in a way that's a step or two backwards where coursing dogs are concerned, however I don't see that as a bad thing at all, this dog produced some top class dogs in the si

big name dogs, usualy have owners who want to be famous, any purpose bred coursing dog will carry big name blood, and if said dog can catch 3, 4, or even 5 hares it can win a match , against any one.

Guaranteed 3out3 daytime bitch done a few 5s some 7s deerhoundgreyxbedxgrey 27 inch rhfd homebreed 1980   

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Some men were never in to matching but loved to run Hares. I'm sure the well known coursing men and thier dogs have that name because they were good at their chosen task. There's no smoke without fire and competitions usually have the best of the best. My question is as anyone seen a hare dog off an unknown breeder out perform a top dog, be it for a little wager or just for the sport? 

? you’ve done it now ? 

5 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Even at Hare coursing, you had any particular animals? 

No mate matching socks are beyond me but the is dogs of all types be it Lampers bullx coursing types that are as good or possibly better than names stuff but the owners dont say ote 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Black neck said:

No mate matching socks are beyond me but the is dogs of all types be it Lampers bullx coursing types that are as good or possibly better than names stuff but the owners dont say ote 

I've never seen a proper bred coursing dog run hare, I've had some good hare catching dogs over the years mind. When watching clips I'm sometimes left unimpressed but I imagine watching it in real life is different. 

7 minutes ago, Jobi said:

I've never seen a proper bred coursing dog run hare, I've had some good hare catching dogs over the years mind. When watching clips I'm sometimes left unimpressed but I imagine watching it in real life is different. 

Possibly mate ,I've never bin into hares much so really I shunt of comment but sometimes I just like saying things 

• Haha 3

I no a traveling lad who had a good bitch , she caught hares in style and caught on days on ground that dogs out of big named stuff didn’t but that dog never made a name for itself as he wasn’t interested in that just interested in catching for the pot 

theres plenty of lads out there who have decent stuff but don’t need to shout about it , there a lad on here who had a cracking bullx bitch she was only 23 TTS she did the job and did it in style but again no big names , if someone who had that bitch was in to making a name for them selfs then her name would been plastered all over the country 

• Like 3