Sign in to follow this  
Robbusher

Specimen perch

Yes the Nile perch is a monster imaging saying your 20lb pike was taken by a perch on the way in haha, surprised they never got them on the Ebro 

• Like 1

Had another session on this new spot last night. - 4 temperature, fist proper cold night after weeks of rain. Finger like sausages couldn't even hook a worm by an hour in. Hour and half and had lost 2 small fish and then managed a small one. I noticed that they weren't biting as aggressive as last week when I first tried here so I slowed it right down, rather than bumping the tip I just lifted ently til I felt the lines slack go, then I'd drop it an inch so it slacks, wait a while, lift it taught gefntly then drop it again and then sack, all of a sudden rod tip buckled over and I had this cracker. It looks bigger than my 3lb 11oz but this was 2. 78lb on the scales which is around 2lb 10 oz or 2lb 11oz. This fish could do 4lb easy with a good feed as you can see it's all length and no belly. Here she is. 

IMG-20200117-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20200117-WA0008.jpg

IMG_20200118_101545_449.jpg

IMG_20200118_101446_615.jpg

IMG_20200117_235532_127.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, darrren said:

2.78lb converts to 2lb 12oz, as I know we all like oz. 

Certainly got yourself a good little mark there mate, well done again.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will do sean. If you want I do day trips 50 quid per person lol. Cheers arry I'm going again tonight I'll send you some pictures if I get anything. 

1 minute ago, darrren said:

I will do sean. If you want I do day trips 50 quid per person lol. Cheers arry I'm going again tonight I'll send you some pictures if I get anything. 

I'm gonna do some piking tomorrow morning on the wye if conditions are right, if rivers up then barbel .... If your about pop up and I show you a few spots for perch and big chub👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I'm gonna do some piking tomorrow morning on the wye if conditions are right, if rivers up then barbel .... If your about pop up and I show you a few spots for perch and big chub👍

Well a mate in Monmouth been moaning about the frost an cold so should be good 😂👍

Just now, forest of dean redneck said:

Well a mate in Monmouth been moaning about the frost an cold so should be good 😂👍

Just got in from walking the dogs.... Still very frosty here... - 2 in Monmouth tonight 4/5 °c in the day tomorrow 👍

2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Just got in from walking the dogs.... Still very frosty here... - 2 in Monmouth tonight 4/5 °c in the day tomorrow 👍

I been along Weymouth sea front not to bad today , but up on Portland as sun went down was bitter cold , seen few fellas walking into the chesil this morning loaded with beach tackle but wasn’t to many already there. 

On 11/01/2020 at 18:41, Lenmcharristar said:

Where did ya catch them Sean?

Hi mate, they were from a place called Bake fishery in Cornwall, commercial fishery where people overlook the perch, was a couple of years ago not sure if they are still in there now 

6 hours ago, seanc said:

Hi mate, they were from a place called Bake fishery in Cornwall, commercial fishery where people overlook the perch, was a couple of years ago not sure if they are still in there now 

Whereabouts in the Duchy was that please mate?

Cheers, D.

On 18/01/2020 at 17:48, Daniel cain said:

I have text you bud not sure if still got same number , can’t mail you on here