• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

link you put up not working for me but this was him

Is that a letter box for when socks posts a letter ?

Sounds like the Chinese versions

Posted Images

2 hours ago, walshie said:

I reckon she's nearly finished heightwise. Maybe she'll fill out a bit. 

true Dave , most  mid- large  dogs  , finish  height  10-11 months , weight can take up to  2 years or bit more . my bullmastiffs  i had and bred , there simlar size in height s ridgeback,or should be ? , that 25in bitch  on average , dogs 27in   bullmastiffs  weight  form them  bitchs, 80lb -  90 lb, dogs 130lb  , ridgebacks  prob  80- 100lb  there abouts.  Buck my 1x gsd x grey  got height by  10 months  28in , but took  good 2 years to hit 90 lb ,  his shape changed totally  at 18 months  ,  then he found his legs  , good pace  and clearing 5bar gates       she looking well mate  .:thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, walshie said:

She loves to swim. Most unridgeback-like. She spent a good half hour in and out of the sea this afternoon. 

20200601_140437.jpg.d4aab55b9d6ba2a78f8bdcf3f473051f.jpg

Very nice look dog walshie. 

How do these fair as a guard dog.

Atb j 

10 minutes ago, jetro said:

Very nice look dog walshie. 

How do these fair as a guard dog.

Atb j 

They are very protective of their property and the family. More so the bitches, so you have to make sure you don't over-encourage the guarding instinct or you could end up with a real arsehole. I'm sure some people want that, but I'd rather have a dog that's a pleasure to have around, not a constant worry.

I know the mrs is safe with her around though. 

6 minutes ago, walshie said:

They are very protective of their property and the family. More so the bitches, so you have to make sure you don't over-encourage the guarding instinct or you could end up with a real arsehole. I'm sure some people want that, but I'd rather have a dog that's a pleasure to have around, not a constant worry.

You not tempted for another lurcher?

7 minutes ago, MH1 said:

Are they quite healthy Walshie?

Yep. Touch wood. No less healthy than any other dog. We've had a few and they all lived to be 11 or 12.

4 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

You not tempted for another lurcher?

Probably if the right one came up at the right time, but we aim to get a RR dog in a year or so and 2 dogs is enough for us right now. 

1 minute ago, walshie said:

Yep. Touch wood. No less healthy than any other dog. We've had a few and they all lived to be 11 or 12.

Probably if the right one came up at the right time, but we aim to get a RR dog in a year or so and 2 dogs is enough for us right now. 

Nice one mate

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, jetro said:

Went looking to see if there was any rhodesain ridgebacks for sale, and this is all I could find. 

Atb j 

Screenshot_20200601-173250_Gallery.jpg

1000 Euros for a mongrel? I wonder if they're called Lidgebacks or Rabradors? :laugh:

11 minutes ago, walshie said:

1000 Euros for a mongrel? I wonder if they're called Lidgebacks or Rabradors? :laugh:

???

Its  hard to find a dog that's not crossed bred these days.

Atb j 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, walshie said:

Best way that Dave, had kelpie x collie grey bitch, that was fookin nightmare with people/dogs, had muzzle her when out, and  had to lock her up in a room if anybody came to visit, she was only 23 in 50 odd lb, but she use her teeth,  so a dog ridgeback or  gsd, or rottie size  got major prob on your hands.! 

• Like 1