• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

link you put up not working for me but this was him

Is that a letter box for when socks posts a letter ?

Sounds like the Chinese versions

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, WILF said:

What do you like about them mate ?

Loyal, easy to train, easy to groom, good watchdogs for when you live in the middle of nowhere, and being a hound are quite happy to lounge about. They aren't always wanting something to do.

We've had ridgebacks in the house constantly since 1992. Our last old girl died in November. Longest we've ever been without one.

28 minutes ago, walshie said:

Loyal, easy to train, easy to groom, good watchdogs for when you live in the middle of nowhere, and being a hound are quite happy to lounge about. They aren't always wanting something to do.

We've had ridgebacks in the house constantly since 1992. Our last old girl died in November. Longest we've ever been without one.

Fair play, obviously they suit you.

Nice when you find something you can get on with in a dog, makes life a pleasure 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, walshie said:

You forgot they are racist as well ?? I no a lad who’s mum taught in South Africa and brought one home with her had a very real hatred for the darker types ?

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

You forgot they are racist as well ?? I no a lad who’s mum taught in South Africa and brought one home with her had a very real hatred for the darker types ?

We'll have none of that sort of thing in my house...

I’m considering another dog they sound ideal the protective side I like the sound of and easily trainable, my last dog was a a Patt bitch who used to live inside great dog when she was working but totally unhinged the rest of the time.

Good luck with her any particular reason you go for bitches. 

56 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

I’m considering another dog they sound ideal the protective side I like the sound of and easily trainable, my last dog was a a Patt bitch who used to live inside great dog when she was working but totally unhinged the rest of the time.

Good luck with her any particular reason you go for bitches. 

We've had both, but bitches are much better guards.

2 minutes ago, walshie said:

We've had both, but bitches are much better guards.

Must be something about bitches my next door neighbours have got a ridgeback bitch extremely well behaved when out walking but the end of the world when some one knocks on their door. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MH1 said:

What are they like for prey drive etc? 

Can you just have a hassle free walk or are they always looking for something?

Strong prey drive but they learn what they can and can't chase very quickly. Our last one was rock solid round livestock.

On 19/07/2019 at 17:03, Greyman said:

In the words of chopper Reid”ya know, the 3rd world brown types”