Francie

Safety work shoes/trainers

16 hours ago, Greyman said:

I wear a comfy pair of walking boots when I,m in places that insist on safety boots have been asked several times if they have steel toe caps and just say yes, never been questioned further (they don’t) but are comfortable to wear all day and strong enough to save my toes if I did drop something on my foot or run my toes over when I,m on the bin wagon, I do agency work 2/3 days a week in different places and have never been pulled up about them 👍👍

Got to admit that's what I do

• Like 1

if you stood around most the time then a good set of them gel innards are worth putting in your boots francie👍

• Like 3

I'm hobbling around in a either cheap tool station boots that don't breath and are water tight or some trainer boots from Englebert Strauss who do great clothing but these boots are crap. I'm going to have to fork out £100 on some more V12 boots as they're the only ones I can find that I can wear all day. 

On my third pair of these with working in a warehouse and according to a work mate who did one of them step app things reckons we do on average 14 miles walking a shift these boots are the best I have had .

• Like 1

As Chid said get a composite toe cap not steel. I still have a crushed toe nail 21 years later, after a piece of plate metal buckled the toe cap into my big toe. They had to cut the boot off and everything.

Edited by mushroom

3 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

On my third pair of these with working in a warehouse and according to a work mate who did one of them step app things reckons we do on average 14 miles walking a shift these boots are the best I have had .

Sounds about right for warehouse work ebay do some good light trainers can't be doing with boots

37 minutes ago, mushroom said:

As Chid said get a composite toe cap not steel. I still have a crushed toe nail 21 years later, after a piece of plate metal buckled the toe cap into my big toe. They had to cut the boot off and everything.

By peice of metal you mean a pound coin ye Fcuking midget 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

By peice of metal you mean a pound coin ye Fcuking midget 🤣🤣

Have a day off you beanpole looking muthafuka 😂

2 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Have a day off you beanpole looking muthafuka 😂

An frog eyes on ye wellies don’t really count as a toe cap ye nutter 😂

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

An frog eyes on ye wellies don’t really count as a toe cap ye nutter 😂

Frog eyes? :blink: nah they were my hunting wellies, for work I had flowers on me boots ;)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Balaur said:

I'm hobbling around in a either cheap tool station boots that don't breath and are water tight or some trainer boots from Englebert Strauss who do great clothing but these boots are crap. I'm going to have to fork out £100 on some more V12 boots as they're the only ones I can find that I can wear all day. 

what size are you joe? i get them v12  free from work,nice wide fit👍on my  second pair since Xmas 😂

7 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

what size are you joe? i get them v12  free from work,nice wide fit👍on my  second pair since Xmas 😂

14 mate. Not easy getting work boots lol

• Haha 1

Thanks for all info lads hard to choose but suppose it's just for work, IL pick one outa a hat lol