Safety work shoes/trainers

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Should of gone swimming in your steel toe caps then shouldn't you! 

if you stood around most the time then a good set of them gel innards are worth putting in your boots francie?

Look for a composite toe not a steel toe , a lot lighter and easier on the legs .  

Posted Images

As Chid said get a composite toe cap not steel. I still have a crushed toe nail 21 years later, after a piece of plate metal buckled the toe cap into my big toe. They had to cut the boot off and everything.

Edited by mushroom
3 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

On my third pair of these with working in a warehouse and according to a work mate who did one of them step app things reckons we do on average 14 miles walking a shift these boots are the best I have had .

Sounds about right for warehouse work ebay do some good light trainers can't be doing with boots

4 hours ago, Balaur said:

I'm hobbling around in a either cheap tool station boots that don't breath and are water tight or some trainer boots from Englebert Strauss who do great clothing but these boots are crap. I'm going to have to fork out £100 on some more V12 boots as they're the only ones I can find that I can wear all day. 

what size are you joe? i get them v12  free from work,nice wide fit?on my  second pair since Xmas ?

I'm stood 15-16 hours Saturdays ....been wearing the magnum boots wich I found very cumfy from the word go....granted mine aint got toecap but they do them in the range

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 13:04, Francie said:

I'm looking to get a new pair, I work indoors so they don't have to be waterproof.

They'll need a steel toe, an i need a real comfy pair as I'm on my feet all day.

Can anyone recommend a pair?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know your job or if employed or self employed but, safety boots are part of PPE. If you are an employee then the employer must provide them. The duty of care. In any line of work in the UK. If you're in construction, the minimum PPE requirements should be stated in the risk assessment/method statement that you produce or sign before starting work. That should include safety footwear.

Toe and mid sole protection mandatory (to all intents and purpose) in the UK, as HSE Guidelines. We also provide boots for our lads with ankle protection even if the PC/Main Contractor does not specify it. Every base covered, so no foot injuries, you would think.

Ultimately though the simple rule of thumb that applies to most things in life, the more you pay the better the quality,  particularly regarding the comfort aspect of boots

• Like 1
19 hours ago, steve66 said:

Sounds about right for warehouse work ebay do some good light trainers can't be doing with boots

TBH mate I have never tried the trainer type those I have looked at have had flat soles with hardly any tread witch I thought would be uncomfortable with walking on a hard concrete floor all shift a workmate recently bought some for £15 off e bay and after a shift he was hobbling about saying they were murder on his feet but I believe they were a narrow fitting .

• Like 1