Francie

Safety work shoes/trainers

I'm looking to get a new pair, I work indoors so they don't have to be waterproof.

They'll need a steel toe, an i need a real comfy pair as I'm on my feet all day.

Can anyone recommend a pair?

Thanks in advance.

Look for a composite toe not a steel toe , a lot lighter and easier on the legs .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chid said:

Look for a composite toe not a steel toe , a lot lighter and easier on the legs .

What's a composite toe chid?

Edited by Francie

31 minutes ago, Francie said:

What's a composite toe chid?

There made out of a composite material not steel and there a lot lighter , I won't wear steel toes anymore 

• Like 1

How Fcuking clumsy are ye that ye keep dropping stuff on ye toes 😂😂

• Haha 1

I wear a comfy pair of walking boots when I,m in places that insist on safety boots have been asked several times if they have steel toe caps and just say yes, never been questioned further (they don’t) but are comfortable to wear all day and strong enough to save my toes if I did drop something on my foot or run my toes over when I,m on the bin wagon, I do agency work 2/3 days a week in different places and have never been pulled up about them 👍👍

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I wear a comfy pair of walking boots when I,m in places that insist on safety boots have been asked several times if they have steel toe caps and just say yes, never been questioned further (they don’t) but are comfortable to wear all day and strong enough to save my toes if I did drop something on my foot or run my toes over when I,m on the bin wagon, I do agency work 2/3 days a week in different places and have never been pulled up about them 👍👍

Iv never wore a pair a steelies for more than half a shift an any job that insists wasn’t for me 😂 even just watching some the tramps hobble about in em makes me cringe😂 id need premier leauge wages to even consider it😁

Edited by W. Katchum
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I wear a comfy pair of walking boots when I,m in places that insist on safety boots have been asked several times if they have steel toe caps and just say yes, never been questioned further (they don’t) but are comfortable to wear all day and strong enough to save my toes if I did drop something on my foot or run my toes over when I,m on the bin wagon, I do agency work 2/3 days a week in different places and have never been pulled up about them 

Edited by fred90

A lad I knew lost a toe wearing trainers in the workplace,  queuing to get back in the factory after break and someone knocked the fire extinguisher off its bracket only a ft or so off the floor and it chopped his toe off 😯

Get a some red backs the best boots I’ve ever had they are the mutts nutts 

Edited by Chopper2575

4 hours ago, Chopper2575 said:

Get a some red backs the best boots I’ve ever had they are the mutts nutts 

You'd hope they'd be good at the price of them

7 hours ago, gnipper said:

A lad I knew lost a toe wearing trainers in the workplace,  queuing to get back in the factory after break and someone knocked the fire extinguisher off its bracket only a ft or so off the floor and it chopped his toe off 😯

I ripped my big toe clean off in a swimming pool years ago, had it sewn back on again, in bath royal, no ones fault no one to blame sometimes things just happen, 😂

2 hours ago, Greyman said:

I ripped my big toe clean off in a swimming pool years ago, had it sewn back on again, in bath royal, no ones fault no one to blame sometimes things just happen, 😂

Should of gone swimming in your steel toe caps then shouldn't you! 

• Haha 4