The Final .

Anyway, back to the final. Leeds were the team everybody hated. They were cynically dirty. It was great for a neutral to see them humiliated.

When Brian Clough took over as manager of Leeds, he told the team they might as well throw away their medals because they  consistently cheated and fouled their way into getting them. He lasted 44 days if I remember.? The players thought they were bigger than Cloughie. Incidentally Cloughie was  a goalscorer second to none and the best England manager we never had. Some say he was arrogant, I say he was a footballing genius and knew it.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok so his team are worse than dogshit but he beats you all with his banter,wit and passion.

In fairness mate, I don’t think proper football lads actually give a f**k about who’s club is the biggest.......they just like getting you at it ! Lol

Quote from 20/6/79 ... " one of my biggest regrets in football was I didn't get to play for Sunderland " George Best         Quote from 21 /6/79.... "Fuk me ,what was I drinki

Posted Images

1 minute ago, maxhardcore said:

And the best Sunderland manager we never had.

His son said last season his dad said he would of walked from the midlands to be Safc manager but the call never came.

We could of had Forests European cabinet ?

Never thought of that. You are right.

Went for a late night meal in Corfu two years ago. The owners wife said where you from not from Liverpool? They were Italians, he had been at the Heysel stadium. He had lost his uncle and dad in the crush and had a scar the len gth of his forehead caused by the violence. Liverpool fans were not served in that restaurant under any circumstances. His story feckin sobered me up. f****n football eh, the beautiful game.

Edited by jukel123
37 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Coulda 

woulda 

shoulda 

you could argue that heysel cost Liverpool billions and umpteen trophies also , hey that’s football 

It cost me a good few slaps in a french cop shop from a few french coppers who thought i was a Liverpool hooligan,but hey that's the shit you deserve when your a little scroat from wiltshire who got fecked off with hitching and nicked a car with his crap driver mate who crashed it when getting chased..:icon_redface:..

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Went for a late night meal in Corfu two years ago. The owners wife said where you from not from Liverpool? They were Italians, he had been at the Heysel stadium. He had lost his uncle and dad in the crush and had a scar the len gth of his forehead caused by the violence. Liverpool fans were not served in that restaurant under any circumstances. His story feckin sobered me up. f****n football eh, the beautiful game.

Heysel was no doubt an awful thing to happen but I think a wall collapsing is more the stadium owners/builders fault tbh, no Liverpool fans physically pushed the wall over, there was fighting between both sets of fans before the game which then kicked off again in the stadium and some Juventus fans tried to run away, only getting to the wall and then pushing the wall down with the amount of people against it. It was an accident that could of gone either way.

On 04/04/2019 at 00:33, Stoney100 said:

As a neutral it was a great game to watch tbh and both sets of fans made it quite the occasion......Jordan Henderson’s dad missed a MASSIVE game in Liverpool vs tottenham at Anfield to go to this final, if you miss your son leading his team out for a potential season defining game in the premier league title race then there must be half decent craic going on amongst the mackems on big days like this. My mate was in the Pompey end and says the atmosphere was a million times better then when he went to iniesta’s last ever game at the nou camp! 

Can anyone who watched it properly say it wasnt just as if not a lot more entertaining than your average premier league match?? Imagine two teams from Spain’s or Italy’s 3rd tier putting on a game like that! 

When big clubs fall from grace like both these clubs have at the moment you have to remember it’s sometimes good for the fans to go back to basics instead of the smoke and mirrors of the premier league.

Success is obviously good for a club, even essential at some, but in all honesty would you want your club winning everything year in year out? I bet rangers fans have had more fun travelling round the lower league grounds/pubs etc than celtic fans going to the same away grounds, winning the same trophies year after year after year! If city retain the title this year they will have won it twice on the trot to draw with Uniteds record of consecutive wins......how many 100s of millions will the owners chuck at the team then to beat uniteds record next season?

To be fair stoney pompey or Sunderland have never  been a big clubs but I will say pompey fans always create a cracking atmosphere even with a few thousand and that is common knowledge that club as been through some shite so it was nice to see them win something not a dig max by the way 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

BM your jealousy shines thru on a regular basis lol

Your mistaking confusion with jealousy max serious question if you asked any 100 fans to name a big club how many would say Sunderland 

7 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

History

Titles

Cups

Fanbase

Stadia

And we Fooking have it all ?

So do many other clubs max I'm not denying you have decent support but your titles cups etc are from the last century ?

Edited by Blackmag
3 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Of today's snowflakes 

not many would name anyone but

united

city

chelsea

spurs

Liverpool

Arsenal

But those born anytime before 85ish would be better informed 

And those that have been in the game at any standard of professional level know Sunderland AFC has always been a Massive English football Club

Thats just a FACT ?

And anyone born before would probably add Everton Newcastle Leeds forest to that list  I still doubt you would get a mention but that's just my opinion max 

• Like 3