Dog v Bitch

I prefer dogs just get along better with them but my old digging partner preferred bitches so I kept the dogs and he kept the bitches and that's how we ran our line it worked well for us for many years he still has 4 bitches left from the line but as we dont dig no more there just seeing out there years in comfort with the youngest bitch being 4 and never been worked as we called it a day and she was the last litter which were bred purely for lads we knew

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Always preferred bitchs to dogs as said harder to find good bitchs than dogs IMO anyway.I now have only 1 old dog in kennels even the gundogs are bitchs just my preference. I also think bitchs mature quicker to dogs and if from a hard line of terriers they tend to be a little more steadier than the dogs in the line.my two digging mates both keep dogs so we are sort of spoilt for choice so to speak.we finished up now for this season so all terriers will get a well deserved rest over the next few months and hopefully breed a litter as everything we have bar 2 are getting on a bit so fingers crossed.

• Like 7

Dogs around hot bitches were the bane of my life but I thought it a necessary evil ,being serious about breeding decent stock .That was until I got to know another lad who offered to kennel two dogs I had and who lived in a remotish area .I much prefer bitches for digging ,dogs were always full on and the outcome always required r and r ,something my mate excelled at .

Your bitches must be up to the job or your going nowhere IMO 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, foxdropper said:

Dogs around hot bitches were the bane of my life but I thought it a necessary evil ,being serious about breeding decent stock .That was until I got to know another lad who offered to kennel two dogs I had and who lived in a remotish area .I much prefer bitches for digging ,dogs were always full on and the outcome always required r and r ,something my mate excelled at .

Your bitches must be up to the job or your going nowhere IMO 

Bitches must dig them too, no difference to a dog really 

• Like 2