East End 1970s

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No it was "will" the sergeant said fire at will.

Cheers lads I love a good old photo they just seem to have a bit of character.  Yeah he looks like a strong greyhound type to me as well . I can mind me old dad liking a racer up an at em type of

Posted Images

5 hours ago, marshman said:

FE4BC83A-F1B6-4714-A869-4CEFA9A0C610.jpeg.102f9514cdc81fd41f7ebb68261e0171.jpeg

Great picture that I was brought up in the East End had a spell in Stepney then the Isle Of Dogs then Chrisp Street Poplar then back to the Isle of Dogs.

It has changed beyond recognition I was born in the East End Maternity Hospital in the commercial road I never go back at all because of the shit ole it has become saying that it was a shit ole then but it was my shit ole it was a tough up bringing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Candle said:

Nice pic? looks like a well conditioned greyhound, i wonder if it could of been a racer off one of the many old great tracks of london?

Probably....i remember as a kid the ol man taking me and my brother to Clapton Stadium,Hackney Wick,Haringay,West Ham Stadium,Walthamstow,greyhound racing was massive in the area back then West Ham stadium had something like 80,000 capacity !....it was the first interest i ever took in dogs,the Gypsies would often have the dogs out of the kennels at Walthamstow the kennel blocks back onto the River Ching which was only ankle deep they would often cut a hole in the fence and run off with the winning dog in their arms ?

• Like 2
16 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

the Isle Of Dogs then Chrisp Street Poplar then back to the Isle of Dogs

I lived opposite Limehouse nick,grenade street and rich street,coppers in Limehouse nick didn't like us much,great area in the late 80's early 90's.

• Like 1