Deerhound lurchers

11 minutes ago, Fred east said:

Doxhope yes deerhounds but was lurcher in them to get size down ask man started them 

iirc he got a male that hadn't had a good start in life, then a Rosslyn(spelling?) bitch and bred them, then used males he'd seen at meets on the bitches from the first pair etc ?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

iirc he got a male that hadn't had a good start in life, then a Rosslyn(spelling?) bitch and bred them, then used males he'd seen at meets on the bitches from the first pair etc ?

No idea really u from Northumberland where came from ? 

12 minutes ago, Boristheblade said:

I’d chap the lot n go get yourself a decent lurcher ?

Fantastic input bet you keep bull crosses the kind with no pitbull blood in them but the lookalikey mastiff shit about now anyway get to bed its your giro day tommorow and you can get ya tenner bag of weed 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Fred east said:

Fantastic input bet you keep bull crosses the kind with no pitbull blood in them but the lookalikey mastiff shit about now anyway get to bed its your giro day tommorow and you can get ya tenner bag of weed 

Nah not hard enough for bull x. Giro day my favourite day. All that free money.  Weed not for me it’s too strong I just eat me beans

• Sad 1
52 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

Thorn, (Shenval Isidore), was the dog you're thinking of. Different era, deerhound coursing club putting the dog's to the test, and deerhound crosses very popular at the time

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Thorn, (Shenval Isidore), was the dog you're thinking of. Different era, deerhound coursing club putting the dog's to the test, and deerhound crosses very popular at the time

aye mate, was trying not to be a right geeky twat.

real shame they've gone the way they have. Really liked the crosses i went out with☹

Alas in my honest opinion the Day of the Deerhound as a working dog is gone and so there hybrids will likely go the same way. It’s a shame as I’ve always had a soft spot for the type and owned a half decent DH/Grey X Collie ?grey in the 80’s but even then the I felt DH brought a rough coat and little else to the mix.

I had considered looking for a coursing type D/H hybrid a few years ago but decided against it as there just weren’t anything about, so looked further afield to source some decent blood and ended up going off on a completely different tangent.

I was offered this pup a few months ago and was sorely tempted but decided to stay with bitches. No D/H in it but most wouldn’t know it.

36885955_626600611034167_2375479830834577408_n.jpg.edd29268e3e6fe5310f7b312128c47d5.jpg

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Alas in my honest opinion the Day of the Deerhound as a working dog is gone and so there hybrids will likely go the same way. It’s a shame as I’ve always had a soft spot for the type and owned a half decent DH/Grey X Collie ?grey in the 80’s but even then the I felt DH brought a rough coat and little else to the mix.

I had considered looking for a coursing type D/H hybrid a few years ago but decided against it as there just weren’t anything about, so looked further afield to source some decent blood and ended up going off on a completely different tangent.

I was offered this pup a few months ago and was sorely tempted but decided to stay with bitches. No D/H in it but most wouldn’t know it.

36885955_626600611034167_2375479830834577408_n.jpg.edd29268e3e6fe5310f7b312128c47d5.jpg

Is that a Galapagos