Lutra Lutra

Various Jack Russell's

52 minutes ago, darencross said:

If I’m not mistaken that’s Birt griffin.

Gripton.

• Like 1

As a lad I remember lots of Jack Russells that resembled those in above pics which I much prefer to the leggy ones you see today,anyone own one of the old types? Any pics?.

There the type we started hunting with as kids we would have about 10 out hunting covers and valleys couple whippet cross lurchers hunting from first light till dark some great memories great little workers.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Str said:

As a lad I remember lots of Jack Russells that resembled those in above pics which I much prefer to the leggy ones you see today,anyone own one of the old types? Any pics?.

A cracking bushing/ratting dog and a spot on marker for the ferreting job with nets.Got him 1984.

19601428_473232409696588_1533364484750617318_n.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Str said:

Know of a lad who has a cracker of a Russell just as you said, retired now but was a great dog in his prime. He might stick a pic up if he sees the thread.

• Like 2

Sorry ment Bert gripton. Does anyone still work his line/ strain . I’ve kept a few fell type and never really seen any Russels work . Apart from when I was a kid learning the trade . I would be interested in knowing more about his dogs . Thanks ....  sorry for jumping ur thread lutra lutra

My mates Russell Sam 1984-85 during miners strike.

3A0BDC9D-E97E-4A6A-B49C-EC07B4DBEF23.jpeg

• Like 7

Lad i rat with has just this type of Russell and she is superb..!

He found her, living rough in a wheelie bin and gave her a propper home, she's paying him back tenfold...

I'll try and get some photo's this Sunday.

There was all ways  a couple of those little Russell’s in our house when I was growing up..