On 04/11/2018 at 23:21, Rusky1984 said:

I feed mine orijen and raw lamb's hearts and liver twice a week  orijen cost a lot but am feeding a whippet so she don't need that much per day it last me about a mouth she runs well on it av tried cheaper brands she does not run as well on them and her shit was soft and sloppy 

I’ve just looked on line orijen is £60 ish for 11kg , If I used orijen for my 3 dogs I would be looking at £120 a month that’s very expensive.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You say your dog is fed on raw meat, but you don't say what else. Muscle meat alone is not a balanced diet. You need to think 'whole carcase', with a small percentage of bone, offal and roughage in th

As long as you got the odd bit bone and fat wi the muscle meat you can't really get much better  I think the bloke may of bin a poncing Norris 

Posted Images

I used to work at a animal feed manufactures that makes all top horse feeds and working dog kibble such as csj ,chudley etc and not one is any different than the cheapest feed they make just different shape and size.

the condition the feed is made in is appalling ,they had bags returnd with dead rats in ,bits of metal and one women opens bad and large bits of chicken fat fell out.

i wouldn't feed kibble

I used to work at a animal feed manufactures that makes all top horse feeds and working dog kibble such as csj ,chudley etc and not one is any different than the cheapest feed they make just different shape and size.

the condition the feed is made in is appalling ,they had bags returnd with dead rats in ,bits of metal and one women opens bag and large bits of chicken fat fell out.

They got metal detector on dog plant machine but once its rejected dozen bags the lads working plant been told to turn detector of ,as loosing to much money.

when I first started there I kept seeing things moving in wall and it was rats moving around .they was every were and I really do meen thousands and mice.pick a box up and rats mice would bolt.

they got cats in years ago but they bred and numbers got silly,lads put machines on in morning and bits of cats would come by on belt .first time I saw this I was told at least they getting protein in this bag.i see dead rats decaying in oil vats and nothing done.

when anyone comes to look round the plant they only allow visitors to walk a set rout that they have had lads cleaning for weeks.

i tryd getting bosses to let terrier lads in to clear them but wouldn't have it ,they use poison in large quantity and rats just get bigger on it .the pest control man told me he fighting loosen battle but keeps him in work.

2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Screenshot_20181207-071333_Instagram.jpg.ddb016f5a518d088a47ac66344d9fb42.jpg

Were you get raw feed guid mate,

i normaly buy full sheep carcus and that as every thing my jucks need .i give them bit chicken but two won't eat raw chicken so we cook it.and we give bit beef mince with mutton and my girls do fine.

50 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I used to work at a animal feed manufactures

Here in oz I worked at a raw pet meat wholesaler.Beef steaks were roo steaks,and beef mince was roo meat minced with lamb fat.There were no regulations for pet food then, don't know about now.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Here in oz I worked at a raw pet meat wholesaler.Beef steaks were roo steaks,and beef mince was roo meat minced with lamb fat.There were no regulations for pet food then, don't know about now.

when you see 50 pound price tag for dog feed you expect good quality feed not kibble that only fit for pigs .

roo meat b just as good as beef I'd have thought.i suppose they could get roo cheaper.

how you doing on rabbits over there ,I'm lucky to see one on local land

1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

the condition the feed is made in is appalling ,they had bags returnd with dead rats in ,bits of metal and one women opens bag and large bits of chicken fat fell out.

They got metal detector on dog plant machine but once its rejected dozen bags the lads working plant been told to turn detector of ,as loosing to much money.

when I first started there I kept seeing things moving in wall and it was rats moving around .they was every were and I really do meen thousands and mice.pick a box up and rats mice would bolt.

they got cats in years ago but they bred and numbers got silly,lads put machines on in morning and bits of cats would come by on belt .first time I saw this I was told at least they getting protein in this bag.i see dead rats decaying in oil vats and nothing done.

when anyone comes to look round the plant they only allow visitors to walk a set rout that they have had lads cleaning for weeks.

i tryd getting bosses to let terrier lads in to clear them but wouldn't have it ,they use poison in large quantity and rats just get bigger on it .the pest control man told me he fighting loosen battle but keeps him in work.

Dirty mudder fxxkers not doubting your word but can't be that bad surly?

Ope Millie's isn't made there as that's what I give mine with there meat as think of it as one of the good dry feeds out there but could just be made at the same factory what ever you get lol

Edited by dodger
47 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

when you see 50 pound price tag for dog feed you expect good quality feed not kibble that only fit for pigs .

roo meat b just as good as beef I'd have thought.i suppose they could get roo cheaper.

how you doing on rabbits over there ,I'm lucky to see one on local land

Yeah the roo meats dark red and no fat,mixed with the lamb fat its ok but they were selling it as beef and charging double the price of roo.Where I am now there's no rabbits,there used to be thousands,so have to travel higher into the ranges where there still a few in isolated pockets.I think in the lower wetter areas have been wiped out by disease.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

the condition the feed is made in is appalling ,they had bags returnd with dead rats in ,bits of metal and one women opens bad and large bits of chicken fat fell out.

i wouldn't feed kibble

My brother in law works for a plastic company that works in pet food companies,he told me you wouldn’t believe how clean there are, more like a laboratory everything sterile and workers wear hair nets etc.regards all dog meal being the same I don’t agree,cheap meal filled with corn wheat maize go straight through dogs making them shite a lot, a quality meal with oats rice veg meat don’t have the same affect,my dogs base meal is Autarky,I add to it with sardines eggs fish rabbits eggs leftovers and my dogs shite 3 times a day,I am knocking raw feeding ,I’ve done the raw tripe’s etc but my dogs didn’t benefit from it anymore than they do on a mixed diet.

And i suppose you lot think the minced beef is steak.

The stuff i've seen go to the raw dog food man is probably worse the the kibble plant.

Livers which when you cut open explode with fluke,cows where there whole guts and organs are 1 big abbcess get put in there,same with sheep.organs with newmonia and pluresy litrally f***ing anything.

3 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Were you get raw feed guid mate,

i normaly buy full sheep carcus and that as every thing my jucks need .i give them bit chicken but two won't eat raw chicken so we cook it.and we give bit beef mince with mutton and my girls do fine.

off interweb?

1 hour ago, Str said:

My brother in law works for a plastic company that works in pet food companies,he told me you wouldn’t believe how clean there are, more like a laboratory everything sterile and workers wear hair nets etc.regards all dog meal being the same I don’t agree,cheap meal filled with corn wheat maize go straight through dogs making them shite a lot, a quality meal with oats rice veg meat don’t have the same affect,my dogs base meal is Autarky,I add to it with sardines eggs fish rabbits eggs leftovers and my dogs shite 3 times a day,I am knocking raw feeding ,I’ve done the raw tripe’s etc but my dogs didn’t benefit from it anymore than they do on a mixed diet.

I've been giving mine Autarky salmon for the past year and i think its good stuff.the dogs tuck right in without any mince with it but i give em 50/50 raw and complete.

2 hours ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Am I right in thinking you're a butler of some sort GB? I'd imagine you could have endless supplies of raw stuff for the dogs, must be better(and cheaper) than any dry food?

Better

Edited by Black neck
  • Confused 1