Bucket List Trips

7 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

My only bucket list trip is, and has been for a ling time, Canadian sturgeon. 

Problem is justifying a 3k trip for myself when I have a wife , 2 kids and a house to do up and all the rest of the normal stuff everyone has!

It's a lot of money for a fishing trip

Well there is not a lot about old age that’s great, but a bit of disposable income and kids standing on there own two feet are a few that spring to mind, I,ve always had a dream of living on a boat,looked at my first one in my early 20s but could,nt raise the finances, met a girl fell in love blah blah blah, nearly 40 years later I,m in the process of packing up my house to sell and should  be moving onto a boat sometime next year all being well,  so keep your dream alive ??

• Like 6

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes mate,all taken on the Huawei,I didn't bring my DSLR or my GoPro as I only brought a 7.5kg carry-on from Heathrow,easier to carry the phone in my pocket.Good day today,bluff charged by a rhino 50 y

“Well done English.... you’re a mountain hunter now” Sat in a backpackers hostel after getting out the mountains. Again I’ll post properly when I get back. The bull around my shoulders went

Was in Thailand 23 years ago mate, stayed in a very traditional town called Hua Hin (I'm not into the westernized bollocks l, sex trade etc) was with my ex, we were young and done loads out there, was

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Stoney100 said:

Looks spot on ?

It’s a good experience. Would be nice to get onto something in the 100lb+ range. Something to make the dogs have to bail hard and pick their holds.

Theres a lot of time in the truck and face into trackers when they jump. Personally I’d rather be actively hunting the dogs rather than that. I could get into it but personally I think I’d want to do things a bit different. Strokes for folks and all...

Im really not experienced enough to have an opinion though, just happy to be out doing and learning.

⬇️ Dogs riding on truck bonnet...

C16FE828-F319-434A-ABEC-F632D4972921.jpeg

Edited by Born Hunter

Country looks excellent mate,a pigs a pig whatever the size,your out and doing it is what matters,how much longer you got out there?Bet your not looking forward to the prospect of returning home,enjoy the rest of your trip and keep up the pics,hope you do a pic-heavy detailed report on your return,on the subject of pig-hunting I saw this the other day :blink: 

59665215_2367004676848046_1435566327329718272_n.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
54 minutes ago, mackem said:

Country looks excellent mate,a pigs a pig whatever the size,your out and doing it is what matters,how much longer you got out there?Bet your not looking forward to the prospect of returning home,enjoy the rest of your trip and keep up the pics,hope you do a pic-heavy detailed report on your return,on the subject of pig-hunting I saw this the other day :blink: 

59665215_2367004676848046_1435566327329718272_n.jpg

Ffs that’s rough! Did he try to kiss it? :laugh:

I fly home over the weekend (next weekend). Shit weather set in now for the rest of the week. Got a bit of fishing and possuming planned and a two dayer to Fiordland sight seeing but nothing else major. Maybe a deer and pig hunt.

tbh I am looking forward to coming home. Lol. This probably won’t surprise anyone but I’m a bit of an introvert and being around people all the time is an effort for me. :laugh: I have my boring life but it’s sort of ‘centring’.

And I’m really looking forward to a few domestic missions too. Looking forward to getting into the roe bucks and having a few nights exploring Cornwall in the sun.

I’ll bang up a dedicated thread when I’m home. Only got my poxy phone here and it’ll do my head in trying to do it on this. Ha

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Andddddd I haven’t seen any of the new season of GoT or the new avengers film! :D

I could murder a Starbucks too. :laugh:

I'd be looking forward to a dump on my own bog most of all ?

Glad your enjoying the trip.

Cheers, D.

• Haha 3
Just now, dytkos said:

I'd be looking forward to a dump on my own bog most of all ?

Glad your enjoying the trip.

Cheers, D.

While on the Tahr mission I went three whole days without a shit! :shok:

I was wondering where the f**k it was all going to the point I was scared to sneeze. :laugh:

• Haha 2
53 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Andddddd I haven’t seen any of the new season of GoT or the new avengers film! :D

I could murder a Starbucks too. :laugh:

That's living the dream :clapper:

I am actually thinking of an NZ trip now thanks to you,i hope you've inspired a few others to follow your lead,its not that expensive for the experience :)

56 minutes ago, mackem said:

I am actually thinking of an NZ trip now thanks to you,i hope you've inspired a few others to follow your lead,its not that expensive for the experience :)

It’s probably the cheapest big game/mountain hunt available in truth. I’d be confident going back self guided probably now. I’ve got a feeling for how to go about things and pretty much have all the kit. If there was a few other lads who fancied going in as a mob for a week or ten days then I’d probably be up for that. The biggest problem would be transport in.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, mackem said:

2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

It’s probably the cheapest big game/mountain hunt available in truth. I’d be confident going back self guided probably now. I’ve got a feeling for how to go about things and pretty much have all the kit. If there was a few other lads who fancied going in as a mob for a week or ten days then I’d probably be up for that. The biggest problem would be transport in.

yeh its some country is N.Z...me and the mrs loved it.....im surprised you have not been mac

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TOMO said:

yeh its some country is N.Z...me and the mrs loved it.....im surprised you have not been mac

If your up for a hunting trip over there mate I will go with you,i would enjoy that.Off to Hong Kong and Canada for the month of july mate,got to meet my prospective daughter in law,times ticking mate,we are all getting older,theres a grey haired wrinkle faced old f****r stares back at me from the bathroom mirror nowadays,got to pack as much into our remaining years as possible :cray:

• Like 1