Bucket List Trips

12 hours ago, mackem said:

How was the flight mate?Everything ok?

I’ll post properly when I get back. Flight was looooong. Absolutely sound here though. Had duck season opener today. Dawn till dusk in the mai mai with four other sound fellas. Proper duck dynasty style. It’s basically a f***ing national celebration day here, lol. All over the news! They love it.

Some pig hunting shortly and tahr/chamois this week. ‘Heaps’ of other stuff too. The big southern alps hunt has had to be knocked on the head for many reasons but we’re chasing them elsewhere. Saves a thousand dollars chopper fee though!

ill post in a fortnight.

CE67C5E2-BD3A-47ED-A7E8-ECB0860D4512.jpeg

2DA2877B-ADB3-4B9A-8A7C-F6FAC2C0D74B.jpeg

9318855F-C414-46D9-BC95-7FEEC23756D8.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes mate,all taken on the Huawei,I didn't bring my DSLR or my GoPro as I only brought a 7.5kg carry-on from Heathrow,easier to carry the phone in my pocket.Good day today,bluff charged by a rhino 50 y

“Well done English.... you’re a mountain hunter now” Sat in a backpackers hostel after getting out the mountains. Again I’ll post properly when I get back. The bull around my shoulders went

Was in Thailand 23 years ago mate, stayed in a very traditional town called Hua Hin (I'm not into the westernized bollocks l, sex trade etc) was with my ex, we were young and done loads out there, was

Posted Images

One thing I’ll say though. f**k they have it sorted here in the South Island. It’s just f***ing right without all the wrong. It’s so similar it feels like home. It’s strange. I couldn’t be further away from England but I honestly don’t think I could feel closer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Don't forget mate if you get the chance...……….Wallaby and BIG eels,enjoy your trip,i have a feeling your going to be returning to NZ after this :thumbs: Well done mate :victory:

1 hour ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Just done the first of many overtimes over the next few months. Going to Vegas the end of September for a week .going to take as much cash to blow as possible. 

Hopefully have a decent win :thumbs: I have a hong kong/Canada trip for a month in July.

• Like 1
On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 18:19, Greyman said:

Jeremy Wade is a bit of a dick mate, would,nt bother rushing to see him even if he was talking on the corner of the street ✌️

Going to reading to see him this weekend do a talk at the 2019 sportfish show.

• Haha 1

I’m traveling by plane, train or automobile across this route covering Vietnam, Laos, Thailand and Myanmar next jan and then back down to Phuket and Cambodia for a few weeks after.......hoping to be out the country for around ten weeks all being well.....will be fishing for some monster catfish and arapaima in the mekong river while I’m out there! I’m planning to spend as much time out of here through the winters as possible from now on......?61A6E29B-FCB0-40DB-BCFA-D1396204ED73.jpeg.cef5ee500714feeb3bf92ab8e74bfad1.jpeg

8390AF17-0319-4B47-BF3F-269295353D59.jpeg.ea8a73d8251c62c74e7753062763fd5b.jpeg

6638534F-E25E-4F68-BF2A-A6FD5E630D73.jpeg.8dbf50a0932b3b604c8b960034d03398.jpeg

Can’t wait ?? ?????????? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

My brothers off for 6 weeks in June...him the Mrs and their 2 kids (21 and 17)

Bali, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, a few others as well....they've always said they'd do a tour in their 40th year.. he turned 40 in April, his Mrs is 40 in August....

Only downside is I'm left running the business whilst he's off galavanting lol....

• Like 3

New Zealand has always been my perfect destination...Will be going in the few years...kayak fishing for giant trevally....um yes please

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

My brothers off for 6 weeks in June...him the Mrs and their 2 kids (21 and 17)

Bali, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, a few others as well....they've always said they'd do a tour in their 40th year.. he turned 40 in April, his Mrs is 40 in August....

Only downside is I'm left running the business whilst he's off galavanting lol....

That means it’s your turn the year after lol if you get the chance then get over there mate! I’ve only spent 5 weeks on that little dot the arrow points to and that was amazing so can only imagine what the rest will be like! 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Stoney100 said:

That means it’s your turn the year after lol if you get the chance then get over there mate! I’ve only spent 5 weeks on that little dot the arrow points to and that was amazing so can only imagine what the rest will be like! 

Theres no arapaima in the Mekong stoney,both those pics were taken in lakes,the fishing is off the scale as are viet,laos,cambodia,myanmar and Thailand,enjoy your trip,the whole region is fascinating.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, mackem said:

Theres no arapaima in the Mekong stoney,both those pics were taken in lakes,the fishing is off the scale as are viet,laos,cambodia,myanmar and Thailand,enjoy your trip,the whole region is fascinating.

Tbh i did only get them off google lol I’ll just have to hit the lakes as well while I’m there so it’s not a major problem! I was going to just do Thailand and Vietnam but when you see how cheap it is you may as well see the lot! I’ve not met or heard one person say anything bad about any of the countries over that way so it should be a good one!

Just now, Stoney100 said:

Tbh i did only get them off google lol I’ll just have to hit the lakes as well while I’m there so it’s not a major problem! I was going to just do Thailand and Vietnam but when you see how cheap it is you may as well see the lot! I’ve not met or heard one person say anything bad about any of the countries over that way so it should be a good one!

The entire region is beautiful,fishing head to the new bungsamran 2 for huge cats,or Jurassic for arapaima :victory:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1