Bucket List Trips

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes mate,all taken on the Huawei,I didn't bring my DSLR or my GoPro as I only brought a 7.5kg carry-on from Heathrow,easier to carry the phone in my pocket.Good day today,bluff charged by a rhino 50 y

“Well done English.... you’re a mountain hunter now” Sat in a backpackers hostel after getting out the mountains. Again I’ll post properly when I get back. The bull around my shoulders went

Was in Thailand 23 years ago mate, stayed in a very traditional town called Hua Hin (I'm not into the westernized bollocks l, sex trade etc) was with my ex, we were young and done loads out there, was

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, mackem said:

The entire region is beautiful,fishing head to the new bungsamran 2 for huge cats,or Jurassic for arapaima :victory:

This place south of Bangkok mate? 

0DB25251-38C3-4BC5-87E2-FFA2622A9DDD.png.66038b099a2ad58636ea3e4f918789dc.png

if so that will out perfect on the way down to Phuket! Cheers for that ?

ps you ever been to gillhams??

Edited by Stoney100

I never went to Gillhams mate,i used to land in Bangkok and immediately fish in the original bungsamran where the IGFA records were all set,had some nice fish over the years,bungsamran is now a subdivision filled with houses,they moved it outside Bangkok and renamed it bungsamran 2 :victory:

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, riohog said:

definatly se/asia andthe far flung is just magic:thumbs:

I used to read comments like this before I went to Thailand in January and tbh I thought they were exaggerated and over the top......now having been there i have felt the magic for myself and couldn’t agree more lol

anyone who hasn’t been to south east Asia should believe the hype and get over there!

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

That means it’s your turn the year after lol if you get the chance then get over there mate! I’ve only spent 5 weeks on that little dot the arrow points to and that was amazing so can only imagine what the rest will be like! 

Was in Thailand 23 years ago mate, stayed in a very traditional town called Hua Hin (I'm not into the westernized bollocks l, sex trade etc) was with my ex, we were young and done loads out there, was a great trip...taken in by the locals and treated really well...

Also done some safariing in Kenya around that time, stayed out on an elephant safari, sat on a veranda outside one place all night and watched a leopard come down for meat left in the tree for it...I loved the bird life, watched secretary birds and saw a Marshall Eagle disappear into the forest.

Also befriended an old fisherman on the beach, he took me on a tour across the sea shore, we're about a mile from the hotel when he shouts to some one up amongst the palm trees...with that they throw him a spear...I'm thinking "Oh f**k, I'm done here lol"...this old boy, black as night all wrinkly, looked 100 years old but was probably 50 lol....he wades into the water about knee deep..starts stalking with this spear held up...then bang..sticks the spear into something..loads of thrashing and he pulled out a moray eel....he's holding this eel above his head still impaled on his spear and doing a little dance.. his mates under the palm trees are all whooping...that was it he was the main man in my eyes....I gave him around  tenner for the experience....

He then said.."you like to fish?"

"Yes I do..."

"Tomorrow morning I will pick you up in my brothers boat"

f***ing great....so I'm on the beach at 6am waiting for the "boat"...When I see a f***ing great log with my new best mate and another very old looking black fella paddling into the beach....

I had a rod, bag etc...no...we're hand lining out of a dug out canoe...f***ing great it was...I gave them a load of line, hooks, weights etc...they were great at it...I was shit...just couldn't hook anything...they caught a few fish though.. 

They paddled back into shore close to where he caught the eel the day before...his mates had a fire going under the palm trees, it was around 10am and already roasting hot...they made some skewers out of sticks off the beach and cooked the fish over the fire...I had to eat first (I was the guest)..I sat with these old African men for the rest of the morning...trying to talk about fishing with sign language and broken English.. it's one of my favourite ever days fishing...and I caught f**k all..lol

I gave then some money as a thank you (I wasn't asked for amything)...the next morning my new friend came to our hotel and gave me a bag of limes his daughter had picked for me and a huge piece of material that his wife had given to me, it was bright red with loads of patterns on it, he said it was from Zanzibar.

This was their gift to me as a thank you, he said they would eat well for the next month (I probably gave him 20 or 30 pound)....

I felt that was amazing generosity from people who had nothing....very humbling...

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 8
3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Was in Thailand 23 years ago mate, stayed in a very traditional town called Hua Hin (I'm not into the westernized bollocks l, sex trade etc) was with my ex, we were young and done loads out there, was a great trip...taken in by the locals and treated really well...

Also done some safariing in Kenya around that time, stayed out on an elephant safari, sat on a veranda outside one place all night and watched a leopard cone down for me at left in the tree for it...I loved the bird life, watched secretary birds and saw a Marshall Eagle disappear into the forest.

Also befriending an old fisherman on the beach, he took me on a tour across the sea shore, we're about a mile from the hotel when he shout to some one up amongst the palm trees...with that they throw him a spear...I'm thinking "Oh f**k, I'm fine here lol"...this old boy, black as night all wrinkly, looked 100 years old but was probably 50 lol....he wades into the water about knee deep..starts stalking with this spear held up...then bang..sticks the spear into something..load if thrashing and he pukkd out a mossy eel....he's holding this eel above his head still impaled on his spear and doing a little dance.. his mates under the palm trees are all whooping...that was it he was the main man in my eyes....I gave him around  tenner for the experience....

He then said.."you like to fish?"

"Yes I do..."

"Tomorrow morning I will pick you up in my brothers boat"

f***ing great....so I'm on the beach at 6am waiting for the "boat"...When I see a f***ing great log with my new best mate and another very old looking black fella paddling into the beach....

I had a rod, bag etc...no...we're hand lining out of a dug out canoe...f***ing great it was...I gave them a load of line, hooks, weights etc...they were great at it...I was shit...just couldn't hook anything...they caught a few fish though.. 

They paddled back into shore close to where he caught the eel the day before...his mates had a fire going under the palm trees, it was around 10am and already roasting hot...they made some skewers out of sticks off the beach and cooked the fish over the fire...I had to eat first (I was the guest)..I sat with these old African men for the rest of the morning...trying to talk about fishing with sign language and broken English.. it's one of my favourite ever days fishing...and I caught f**k all..lol

I have then some money as a thank you (I wasn't asked for amything)...the next morning my new friend came to our hotel and gave me a bag of limes his daughter had picked for me and a huge piece of material that his wife had given to me, it was bright red with loads of patterns on it, he said it was from Zanzibar.

This was their gift to me as a thank you, he said they would eat well for the next month (I probably gave him 20 or 30 pound)....

I felt that was amazing generosity from people who had nothing....very humbling...

Good experience,i felt bad once in the Philippines,old guy had absolutely zip to eat no fridge,no running water,no electricity,but because I rocked up he suggested we eat his dog even though it was his only companion :icon_eek:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, mackem said:

Good experience,i felt bad once in the Philippines,old guy had absolutely zip to eat no fridge,no running water,no electricity,but because I rocked up he suggested we eat his dog even though it was his only companion :icon_eek:

roasted  or boiled? you know what mac   i allways find the poorest folk the kindest folk , they will allways share  even if its there last

• Like 4
1 minute ago, mackem said:

Those with the least often give the most....

Eating his dog is extreme though! Lol

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, mackem said:

I never went to Gillhams mate,i used to land in Bangkok and immediately fish in the original bungsamran where the IGFA records were all set,had some nice fish over the years,bungsamran is now a subdivision filled with houses,they moved it outside Bangkok and renamed it bungsamran 2 :victory:

Cheers mate ?

I had a 66kg Mekong cat in chalong on Phuket and this took me 40 mins to land, sweating like f**k and getting eaten alive by mosquitoes but was well worth it! The owner told me he doesn’t want them much bigger than that as the monsters can take up to three hours to land and everyone else on the lake would have to reel their rods in lol Was only a small lake really but I’d love to own something like that one day! He was charging £30 a person per day and when the average monthly wage is £240 in Thailand he must be living like a king lol

7E66EB80-3635-4508-B2FD-FBC4562A2518.jpeg.eed7481c86e13d3c8af3580ae25f7936.jpeg448EDB13-2F6F-4C03-A4E7-1E6285F8F2D4.jpeg.0ef6f65ae19fbef9b4cec01b151ebdf1.jpeg1B689273-D8CD-49C8-AEEF-2146BF67A4BB.jpeg.dd218becbe587221e2f04a1bd19861a8.jpeg2A2E46C8-8741-498A-AAFB-97081F7C75CD.jpeg.b73da9952518bef1bf87e6cf6b96215c.jpeg

Only 7 months to wait and that will soon go!

Edited by Stoney100
  • Like 5
7 minutes ago, mackem said:

Sign of a true friend  . You havnt got to go far now in London thers plenty foreigners that would welcome you chewing on ther dog of a mrs 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stoney100 said:

I’m traveling by plane, train or automobile across this route covering Vietnam, Laos, Thailand and Myanmar next jan and then back down to Phuket and Cambodia for a few weeks after.......hoping to be out the country for around ten weeks all being well.....will be fishing for some monster catfish and arapaima in the mekong river while I’m out there! I’m planning to spend as much time out of here through the winters as possible from now on......?61A6E29B-FCB0-40DB-BCFA-D1396204ED73.jpeg.cef5ee500714feeb3bf92ab8e74bfad1.jpeg

8390AF17-0319-4B47-BF3F-269295353D59.jpeg.ea8a73d8251c62c74e7753062763fd5b.jpeg

6638534F-E25E-4F68-BF2A-A6FD5E630D73.jpeg.8dbf50a0932b3b604c8b960034d03398.jpeg

Can’t wait ?? ?????????? 

Just booked Vietnam and Laos in August for 3 weeks, doing a lot of the places you have down mate......will stick some pics up...love the area and travel rod will go, normally manage to wet a line off the beaten track.....

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Was in Thailand 23 years ago mate, stayed in a very traditional town called Hua Hin (I'm not into the westernized bollocks l, sex trade etc)

Yeah mate I must admit that is one side of it that is abit sleazy, I seen one beautiful girl walking down the road to a hotel with a guy the size and age of Bernard manning lol but it’s only in certain areas so I just stayed well away from them......that said though the women are actually pretty clever, they know they have something men like that will pay good money for so it’s them exploiting the men rather than the other way round lol

1 hour ago, bell said:

Just booked Vietnam and Laos in August for 3 weeks, doing a lot of the places you have down mate......will stick some pics up...love the area and travel rod will go, normally manage to wet a line off the beaten track.....

Look forward to them mate!

21 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Did you goto any Thai gyms when you were over I think I remember you saying you were going to ?

Yes mate I spent 4 weeks on this camp......

https://www.titanfitnesscamp.com/

lost just under 6kg! and yeah I did a bit of muay Thai but not as much as I should of done looking back but just getting fit was more than enough work lol but the whole area is a Mecca for Muay Thai and MMA training! I used to walk past tiger Muay Thai everyday and that place is insane! The Russians and dagestanis are there in big numbers and all of them look crazy and tough as f**k lol then you get the small Thai guys who look like the wind would blow them over but when you see them on the bags you can’t help but think how easy that little f****r would snap your jaw and legs lol funny thing is I never saw one bit of trouble or fighting down the street once though but if it did kick off it would be carnage!

This is the street.......

knowing what I know now though I’d just find a cheap hotel down there and then pay as you go in the different gyms ?

Edited by Stoney100
  • Like 1