anyone actually been out digging yet

We have been out a few times now and have had a bit of sport.we started my mates young dog and he went really well for his 1st time only half hour job but he done what he had to do in style.we dug a bitch belonging to myself in very hard ground using a heavy bar to dig the whole way down even the sharptooth would have been of little use in this ground but we got there and little bitch had it we'll in control. We out on Sunday past again and had 2 digs to a mates dogs so all going well so far.

• Like 10

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was out last Thursday with 3 mate from down the country.  the morning was testing with blank after blank and then we had 3 good digs in a row. Two 6fts and a 2 ft. A very good dig to my mates second s

Its bad enough sweating my bollocks off digging at work in this weather.Couldn't think of anything worse than smashing about in cover in this heat digging to 3/4 grown cubs.

We have been out a few times now and have had a bit of sport.we started my mates young dog and he went really well for his 1st time only half hour job but he done what he had to do in style.we dug a b

Posted Images

Started 2 Saturday's ago local run one to ground first week dug with my second season dog handy dig young lad got one out of cover with his lurcher ran two to ground last Saturday dug one with a wee bitch I have and the other with a mates dog both only 3 foot breaking us in easy lol bit early for us to start but everyone seems to be shooting the blazes out of them round me for sum reason seen 2 differt groups of lads lamping on my road alone last week and a squad of lads beat two bogs on my road last week shooting the foxes out of them I hate nothing more than shooting them out of cover no sport at all so we said f**k it and took a run out round me before they all shot.

• Like 2

Had a dig last week.dogs marked on the side of a bank and dirty drain.looked like it was gona be a bit awkward so we used an experience bitch as I wanted to get the hounds there reward.dropped the bithc and she settled at 2 ft couldn't fcking believe it.ideal for a pup but its like everything in terriers you just cant call it sometimes.had two foxes sunday out for a few hours when the weather was cooler

• Like 6

Couldnt wait no longer. Been out twice this week. Have 4 young dogs we started last year and have got them all a dig or 2 already. Trying to keep it handy for them for a while yet. Back at it flat out from now, it's been a long wait! lol

• Like 4
6 hours ago, fat man said:

We have been out a few times now and have had a bit of sport.we started my mates young dog and he went really well for his 1st time only half hour job but he done what he had to do in style.we dug a bitch belonging to myself in very hard ground using a heavy bar to dig the whole way down even the sharptooth would have been of little use in this ground but we got there and little bitch had it we'll in control. We out on Sunday past again and had 2 digs to a mates dogs so all going well so far.

Will that be you steady to the end of the season fatman?

56 minutes ago, stonewall said:

mid october ill start with my own dogs,enjoying a few early mornings and evenings with hounds at the moment.

Cover is very thick at the moment some earths we cant even access so wel tipp away with the hounds till the cold weather hits

8 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Will that be you steady to the end of the season fatman?

Yeah we will keep going now nothing hectec until the weather gets cooler but will try get a couple of handy digs in for the young dogs then come September it will be all out.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Is that you started then fat man? Or just doin favours for keepers or farmers?

Yeah we usually start with the young dogs around beginning of August so will keep going now as long as it doesn't get too warm again.

• Like 1

Have been out 4 or 5 times over the last 3 weeks out early and dig one or two and home before it gets to warm. All the pups have been out and pegged out so hopefully get something handy for them over the next few weeks 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, shaneg said:

Have been out 4 or 5 times over the last 3 weeks out early and dig one or two and home before it gets to warm. All the pups have been out and pegged out so hopefully get something handy for them over the next few weeks 

That's what its all about for me starting young dogs nothing more rewarding than seeing a youngster start after rearing it up until its fit for off best of luck With them shanag and I hope they do the business for you.

• Like 8