10 hours ago, oohmydog said:

Do you have a marking dog Morton that is unable to enter a pile lurcher or hound or do you just loose your terriers and hope they find ,I was talking to a lad who got drawn in to looking for your dog in a pile and when it all came out, you had no idea if the dog had entered the pile ,no collar no idea what if anything it had entered for [there is more than a fox lives in a rock pile ] or do your mutts no just to work fox when on the piles 

We used to have the terriers coupled until we got a mark I was lucky enough to have a couple of good marking dogs between me and mates and only when if we new the pile which still don't mean dog in fox out scenario ,and if we didn't no the pile we would make a educated guess on the chances of getting a result everything seems chaotic the way you do things...…... just trying to point the young lads in the right direction for a few results 

The lad you talked to must have had terrible smelling breath.Lurcher marks,all the terriers mark.Its easy enough to get carried away at times,especially when facts become mixed up with reality,the reality of rocks is that a rock pile that extends over a vast area is different to a rock pile that does not.We owned 2 terriers that worked rocks for years,a Beddy bitch and a red Fell bitch,never got stuck and worked major rock piles all over Yorkshire,never had a collar on either as ill not have one on a dog in rocks,a dog bred from the Beddy bitch was worked in the same rocks as his mother and got stuck twice,both times we knew exactly where he was and chipped him out after 22 hours in one and he came out himself after being stuck for over 3 days,again we knew exactly where he was and if he had not come out he,d still be there now as it would have been impossible to shift what was above him,the next terrier we had stuck was a dog bred from the red bitch to the Beddy dog,at 15 months of age he entered about his 4th rock pile,a recently quarried one,he was seen entering and was located,by his bark,well below us and deep,he was in the same place the day after and another terrier was entered to get a more accurate mark,that terrier also got stuck.The lad assisting us crawled about 60 yds into a loose and dangerous pile and found the first terrier at the bottom of a steep slide,he came out and my lad went in,head torch and 2 leads tied together,he found the terrier and managed to drop the leashes and snare the terrier and pull him up and to safety,id have left it as no terrier is worth that sort of risk,but hey ho.The trapped terrier had moved further into the pile,about 18ft below and it soon became evident we,d not hand dig the terrier,thus Nicky was informed and the FMWTC did what its best at and a digger was organised from the quarry and the dog rescued,my lad and the other terrier owner bunged the digger driver a decent appreciation for taking the trouble to come out at xmas and assist and the rest is 4 year old history,that finished my lad with rocks,which is a shame as all his terriers are bred from useful rock working terriers,the ones i have here bred from them will certainly see rock,again each to their own.Did the lad that fed you the bullshit tell you more than a fox will enter a pile?,at least he got 1 thing right. 

• Like 1

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same earth   

i

I think Ziggy has summed it all up,   in rocks i find you need a dog thats not going to waffled about and needs to make sure the fox thinks it's safer to bolt than stay in the pile ,  working cracks a

Posted Images

Full moor to myself.. keepers not shooting grouse this year as numbers down... was. First for me .never walked a moor without a dog before ,,,, finshed work as i couldent be arsed so thought id have a wander instread clear my head a bit..

20180905_130406.jpg

Edited by ziggy
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
On 05/09/2018 at 19:27, russell tuck said:

Thinking of getting out on the hill Sunday morning with the terriers myself zig it will be the first time ever iv been out on the hill without a lurcher about me as iv not had one since boxing day 

I no what you mean bud...i lost the beddy x last year.. they take some replacing..new lurcher is coming on ok but not a patch on my old dog

• Like 1
4 hours ago, russell tuck said:

Iv lost 2 in the last couple of season and a good terrier zig like you said hard to replace it's not the same going out with out a big dog about me but iv got a working spring of a mate of my and she's a great busy little thing and she will mark foxes toground also 

Sounds good buddie .. i fancy sommert like that spinger or a cocker ...have had begles in the past ..

Thats me done for posting now.... carnt belive ther is so many jelous c**ts out ther ...all i can say is worry what your doing than worrying what others do.. lads i no slagging me of for putting few words togther for a blokes thred on here .. f**k em .. nothing more to talk about me now as i took most of it of... you bunch of pricks...

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, ziggy said:

Thats me done for posting now.... carnt belive ther is so many jelous c**ts out ther ...all i can say is worry what your doing than worrying what others do.. lads i no slagging me of for putting few words togther for a blokes thred on here .. f**k em .. nothing more to talk about me now as i took most of it of... you bunch of pricks...

Fcuk Sake ziggy what’s went on.

35 minutes ago, ziggy said:

Fcuk every one else pal I've never even been around a digging dog and I'll probably never will be and I don't really want to be and I've really enjoyed this thread you can't please them all and if you could you couldn't it's pointless, keep your posts coming pal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1