old age pensioners

Old age comes to us all, a few months back, I was a fit and happy bloke thanks to my lifestyle with my dogs n ferrets, out every day no matter what the weather, but all that has come to an abrupt end, my lady has been diagnosed with an incurable illness, so the dogs and ferrets had to go, and that alone made me ill and sad, but I had to get my priorities in order, so now im a 24 hr carer, the district nurse calls in once a week to check up on her, and gives me prescriptions  for her, I do the rest, bathe and dress her wound,  I could easily write several pages on my life with my lady , but  I will stop now, my adrenalin is running out, several of you have my phone number, but please keep it here, thanks lads

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old age comes to us all, a few months back, I was a fit and happy bloke thanks to my lifestyle with my dogs n ferrets, out every day no matter what the weather, but all that has come to an abrupt end,

Its heartbreaking for close family of those suffering from dementia its also a hard demanding energy sapping job for the dedicated carers who look after them .It mind sound harsh but my wife who cares

Isn't it sad and discussing how our old are treated I mean the government cut the Shiite out of the funds that help them after taxing them their whole working lives they just worked to survive and whe

1 hour ago, Kay said:

To expect anyone to look after dementia patients in a home environment is a huge ask,its not as simple as just making sure they are dressed & fed & any meds administered, a lot are doubly incontinent , you have to sleep sometimes so unless you have a dedicated army of helpers its near impossible .

Sometimes the decision is taken out of familys hands by social services if they cant provide the level of care needed ?

Agree Kay its the danger they can be to people and neighbours around them that also has to be taken into account .

34 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

Old age comes to us all, a few months back, I was a fit and happy bloke thanks to my lifestyle with my dogs n ferrets, out every day no matter what the weather, but all that has come to an abrupt end, my lady has been diagnosed with an incurable illness, so the dogs and ferrets had to go, and that alone made me ill and sad, but I had to get my priorities in order, so now im a 24 hr carer, the district nurse calls in once a week to check up on her, and gives me prescriptions  for her, I do the rest, bathe and dress her wound,  I could easily write several pages on my life with my lady , but  I will stop now, my adrenalin is running out, several of you have my phone number, but please keep it here, thanks lads

KEep the chin up mate, it's a graceful thing your doing. And if your Mrs can go off this earth surrounded by your love

My wife look after a lady with dementia and M. S. Poor old dear. My Mrs takes her out every opurtunity she can. Only thing is the poor old dear no more words than chubby brown and says stuff at will even at bingo. Once calling the bingo caller a shit mouthed mother f****r top notch.! ? ?. But on another note. She still thinks her husband is cuming home. Sad ? 

my wife and two daughters, who im very proud of work looking after people with dementia and other things. i admire them greatly, not just because their my kin but because of what they do. many occasions arise when any one of them comes in upset about a resident thats really to a backward step or sadly passed. we all have our day but to know someone's there for you must be a huge comfort. sadly these people with dementia or alzheimer's dont really know. very sad it is.

• Like 1

We have an elderly lady across the road with Alzheimer's. When we first came here, she was forever escaping from the house and wandering the village. One of us would walk her back home, but she'd insist her husband, who must have the patience of a saint, was an imposter, trying to kill her etc. Sometimes she'd get a bit handy with him, then call the police, saying he was hitting her !

I hadn't seen her for a while, and thought she might have gone into care, but I saw them in their front garden the other day, and get a real shock. She's lost loads of weigh and is really frail. Her husband says she's stopped talking and doesn't recognise anyone anymore - all in the space of a couple of months or so !

Some of the old dears round here get really nasty about it - he should have her put away etc - but you can only try to be a good neighbour and have some compassion and empathy for their plight. It might be you one day !

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

We have an elderly lady across the road with Alzheimer's. When we first came here, she was forever escaping from the house and wandering the village. One of us would walk her back home, but she'd insist her husband, who must have the patience of a saint, was an imposter, trying to kill her etc. Sometimes she'd get a bit handy with him, then call the police, saying he was hitting her !

I hadn't seen her for a while, and thought she might have gone into care, but I saw them in their front garden the other day, and get a real shock. She's lost loads of weigh and is really frail. Her husband says she's stopped talking and doesn't recognise anyone anymore - all in the space of a couple of months or so !

Some of the old dears round here get really nasty about it - he should have her put away etc - but you can only try to be a good neighbour and have some compassion and empathy for their plight. It might be you one day !

its a very sad affair. on everyone

21 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

same here mate.my wife is terminal..now she's gone deaf and almost blind..and now allmost bedridden..life at the moment is shit,the mental stress is heartbreaking..our lifestyle has totally changed.things we took for granted has finished.,everyday just rolls into the next..but you have to carry on ..good luck mate..

35 minutes ago, byron said:

same here mate.my wife is terminal..now she's gone deaf and almost blind..and now allmost bedridden..life at the moment is shit,the mental stress is heartbreaking..our lifestyle has totally changed.things we took for granted has finished.,everyday just rolls into the next..but you have to carry on ..good luck mate..

God bless yas, not something anybody wants to be doing