Cockers

• 2 months later...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some recent pictures of my two mum and daughter.

Nice pups them mate,  I got my cocker pup a few weeks ago, she gets second inoculation today, cant wait to start taking her out, she is a quick learner and in the 20 days since weve had her she i

My first spaniel and I’m glad I ended up with this lad rather than a springer. He’s two and a half now, loosing that puppy exuberance and settling into his work as a rough shooting and beating dog. Su

Posted Images

On 02/09/2018 at 08:48, Declan. said:

Recently got myself a cocker around 15weeks now, eager to please,  a real scatty thing. Hopefully be used for a bit of bushing for the bigger dogs and a bit of ferreting! Atb 

A8B43607-06F2-4559-89D9-E53FFFA76BE6.jpeg

Do you still have the dog

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
19 hours ago, fielder said:

A question about Cockers, how much do they moult in the house? What if you clip them? 

I have seen it vary massively, with some dogs with very fine coats that hardly moult at all, and others with huge shaggy coats that when they came to visit our home within an hour left hair EVERYWHERE. 

You shouldn't really have spaniels (or most gundogs) clipped as it ruins the coat. The hair when properly brushed lets air flow between it cooling a dog but stops the sun getting onto the dogs skin. Clipping them lets the sun get onto their skin and they can overheat and get sunburn. 

• 2 years later...
On 20/01/2019 at 08:33, two crows said:

my pup now her first season is going very well.

flowers 012.JPG

flowers 002.JPG

Just bred a liter off this little bitch she made the grade then some so decided to breed used a good home bred dog of mine nothing famous just top game finder and tested.

• Like 4
  • 2 months later...