1 hour ago, South hams hunter said:

I read about that worm thing before, apparently it's quite a common thing

they eat the flour and it cleans the soil out of them this lad said.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got a battery operated rotisary, it's meant to go over a camp fire but a little messing and it goes over the Barbie, boned stuffed with apples and jerk past then rolled belly of pork, on the left

Well the spit arrived so I decided to use it on my half barrel BBQ so I welded some hollow steel tubes to the legs with drilled holes and 8 mill bolts so that I can higher and lower the spit dependant

I will say food does taste better cooked over a open fire and every meal i ate for a couple of years when i had a bow top wagon i cooked on a open fire but i just can't cope with the taste of smoked s

Posted Images

20 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Apparently you purge them for 3/4 days

I got a 1947 cook book that has sea gulls in it,but you got to purg them for 2 weeks with just buttermilk before eating them.Some things just ain't ment ot be eaten bud..?

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, fireman said:

I got a 1947 cook book that has sea gulls in it,but you got to purg them for 2 weeks with just buttermilk before eating them.Some things just ain't ment ot be eaten bud..?

I read a book where someone had eaten them around ww2 or just after and was sick for couple days, think it was due to them being dirty carrion eating vermin ?

might been same book that mentioned badger hams? 

?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I read a book where someone had eaten them around ww2 or just after and was sick for couple days, think it was due to them being dirty carrion eating vermin ?

might been same book that mentioned badger hams? 

?

Loads of badger recipies in it,just treat like pork really..

Well the spit arrived so I decided to use it on my half barrel BBQ so I welded some hollow steel tubes to the legs with drilled holes and 8 mill bolts so that I can higher and lower the spit dependant on cooking temperatures. I had to weld an extension onto the spit bar as it was a bit short for my BBQ. Anyway here it is in its cooking glory .......

here is the finished bit of pork 

IMG_2847.JPG

• Like 8
22 minutes ago, socks said:

Plated up with some stuffing and a potato shallot pea and garlic fricassee ........

IMG_2848.JPG

ffs  ken bloody merry down ,had some nights on that years ago down in portland and weymouth  happy days !!.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, socks said:

here is the finished bit of pork 

I'm out of likes, mate, so have a :thumbs:

1. Is the spit battery powered?
  2. What is your opinion on its durability based on how it came out of the box?

Edited by ChrisJones
Typo. Apparently Spit Is Spelled Spurt After A Few G&T's